Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Okay, would he play in Oscar's position? Can Oscar play next to Matic in a pivot, or would we switch to a 4-3-3? Obviously you guys don't know, but what's your best guess?

Fabregas should play in the pivot although Oscar if he's in midfield in a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 can always come from a deeper position..both formations can be fluid and interchange in games.i do not see him as a threat to Oscar's place atall tho.

Having a world class keeper,a solid defensive back four and Matic infront of them is ample to keep the majority of teams we face out and let the other 5 to concentrate on attacking mostly.with just chipping in here and there defensively..e.g. pressing opposition defenders attempting to bring the ball from out the back etc.

Fabregas should play in the pivot although Oscar if he's in midfield in a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 can always come from a deeper position..both formations can be fluid and interchange in games.i do not see him as a threat to Oscar's place atall tho.

Having a world class keeper,a solid defensive back four and Matic infront of them is ample to keep the majority of teams we face out and let the other 5 to concentrate on attacking mostly.with just chipping in here and there defensively..e.g. pressing opposition defenders attempting to bring the ball from out the back etc.

good post .. I just don't understand the tactic of a back 4 shielded by 2 midfielders against a mid or lower table team playing

with 10 behind the ball .

good post .. I just don't understand the tactic of a back 4 shielded by 2 midfielders against a mid or lower table team playing

with 10 behind the ball .

Seems redundant. Against top notch teams it makes sense, but vs the smaller clubs we need more creativity.

Hazard-Costa-Willian

Cesc Oscar

Matic

?

Guys that are saying that Mourinho is buying Cesc to replace Oscar... Didn't Mourinho say just a few weeks back that Oscar (and Hazard & Matic) are the future of this team?

he says things like that a lot though. Wouldn't put much weight into it.

@ChelsTransfer: So far there has only been tentative interest for Fabregas, but it is now understood that #CFC are giving serious weight to the idea (ESPN)

@ChelsTransfer: Chelsea are considering a bid for Barcelona's Cesc Fabregas after initial contact between the clubs, sources have told ESPN. #CFC #FCB

I saw plenty of Barca games and Spain games. I just dont see this guy as a pivot player. Sorry.

To simplify his role.it will be as a center field midfielder..there are two types of player that each brings something different to the double pivot for it to work..Matic will be the one doing the shielding of the back 4,breaking up attacks..Fabregas will be the one feeding those infront of him. He's played that role well many of times in the past.

He didn't play that role so much from the games i saw him play for Barcelona..tho when they play the same day as us i'm usually in transit coming from our game when they play.

You should have a look here

Can Cesc Fabregas play in the pivot? We asked a Barcelona blogger

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2014/6/3/5777144/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumors-cesc-fabregas-pivot

Arron Duckling..is his mother called Ugly?

I'm off to ask a Napoli fan about Maradona..

You do realize that is written by someone just like us right? having a website doesn't make anyone a football expert. That's why I can't stand that site... they really think that because they have a site people visit that their opinion is holier than thou. LOL

IF we sign Cesc and he plays in the pivot is that site gonna have a meltdown?

I think the meltdown would be if he DIDN'T actually lol!