Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

if only. if only we had bought rakitic instead of him. i said it at that time and i will continue saying this.

what actually baffles me is the fact that he is probably the most un-jose-like CM that could possibly exist in the world. shit is defence. shit attitude. no balls. compare it to some of the midfielders mourinho had. i mean why this guy?

He's basically the CM version of Mata. Mourinho tossed him aside but has been persisting with Fabregas. Go figure.

On the other hand, one should ask Mourinho - has he even utilized Fabregas correctly? He worked brilliantly in the pivot last season but as we can see, he's now a major defensive liability playing in that area. So why hasn't JM tried something different, like play the 4-3-3 for example? That way, we'll be less exposed defensively and it allows Fabregas to concentrate on attacking rather than having to focus on both attacking and defending. He will also have another player in midfield to help him and Matic.

I am not of of his biggest fans - remember TPTB and I concerned about how weak he has historically been (even for arsenal).

Obviously Fabregas is a good player with lots of technique and vision. However, in that CM position he demands a lot of protection, which he did enjoy last season.

Ironically, now with his buddy Pedro, he's enjoying a lot less protection from the attacking players - along with Oscar's injuries and Hazard's terrible form - lack of fitness IMO.

In this current situation, with Pedro, I also think the formation is wrong and did not quite understand our transfer window movement or lack thereof.

No I don't think Mikel should be anywhere near the starting XI - please don't mention macabbi as he also played against everton - so that leaves us with Ramires and RLC. I love RLC but was concerned about reports he ends up matches a bit tired, which could be a problem at this level so I assume he isn't quite ready for a starter position. That leaves us with a single solution (or at least a way to improve things): Ramires.

Any way I look at it, not good enough. So I find it much easier to criticise Jose about the transfer window posture than what he does now. And there might be other variables we don't know about - board... owner... stadium... etc.

He's basically the CM version of Mata. Mourinho tossed him aside but has been persisting with Fabregas. Go figure.

exactly. or even KDB. we could have kept either of them and turned oscar in a CM.

i mean atleast mata can keep the ball when being pressed. how the hell do u play for barcelona and not learn how to shield the fucking ball? unbelievable. one of the most over-hyped players i have ever seen.

whats worse is that, 3 months down the road, when people will be discussing this "phase" of ours, he will be our "only threat". people will watch the highlights. say look at the ball he played to pedro against arsenal or against newcastle. the fact that his overall performances and limitations makes us so poor will be forgotten.

I was critical about him last season when he was at least having good games against small teams and made good stats. Now he is beyond shit. Im fuming, the prick doesnt even care in the slightest.

Some even wanted him as future captain...

I was critical about him last season when he was at least having good games against small teams and made good stats. Now he is beyond shit. Im fuming, the prick doesnt even care in the slightest.

Some even wanted him as future captain...

Nobody would be as least as qualified as him.

I can't even look at highlights of todays match because seeing him not even trying on that corner makes me rage.

exactly. or even KDB. we could have kept either of them and turned oscar in a CM.

i mean atleast mata can keep the ball when being pressed. how the hell do u play for barcelona and not learn how to shield the fucking ball? unbelievable. one of the most over-hyped players i have ever seen.

whats worse is that, 3 months down the road, when people will be discussing this "phase" of ours, he will be our "only threat". people will watch the highlights. say look at the ball he played to pedro against arsenal or against newcastle. the fact that his overall performances and limitations makes us so poor will be forgotten.

not really....

Havin oscar-matic and either kdb/mata would be a terrible idea. We would get hammered in the middle

not really....

Havin oscar-matic and either kdb/mata would be a terrible idea. We would get hammered in the middle

more than the current situation? i honestly dont think so.

then there is the point of having better control of the game and the mid. specially with someone like mata down the center. and the fact that chances would be created in actual plays rather than by a quarter backish long pass once a game.

i remember having a hazard-mata-oscar partnership ahead of 2 of mikel,rambo,lamps and we still looked miles better defensively and 1000 times better in attack than we currently do.

brilliant again?

"controlled the mid" did he?

any pressure and he loses the ball and people were going gung ho about him "controlling the mid" against 9 men.

i honestly dont know how shit he needs to get to be dropped. hopeless.

He was awful today, but was one of the best on the pitch against the 11 man Arsenal. He controlled the game during that period the best.

Mourinho's negative influence on this team is making good players look much worse than they actually are. I have some sympathy for Cesc. Until this bloke is still our manager, I'm done blaming individual players. They can only do what their manager instructs them to do in training and try and implement it on the pitch.

Mourinho's negative influence on this team is making good players look much worse than they actually are. I have some sympathy for Cesc. Until this bloke is still our manager, I'm done blaming individual players. They can only do what their manager instructs them to do in training and try and implement them on the pitch.

It shouldn't take a manager for him to at least TRY on marking his man on a corner.

I will accept that for his general shit play, but that goal is inexcusable.

He was awful today, but was one of the best on the pitch against the 11 man Arsenal. He controlled the game during that period the best.

i have told u and several others exactly why i dont think so. as for control, arsenal had the best oppurtunity (ramsey shot/pass), plus if theo had been a bit better, he would have had some good oppurtunities to score on the counter. the control was given not taken. arsenal planned on sitting back and get behind our defence.