Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

its cesc's MO. starts a season brilliantly and then tailors off. doing kind of the same thing here. probably needs a rest!!!

Probably? SURE needs a rest.

The Wednesday I hope not see him not even in the bench. This day he should be in his house seeing the game in his bed to side of Daniella, resting for the marathon of important matches that we will have in league.

Wednesday

Call me crazy but I still have some doubts that me might be our biggest weak link due to his mentality.

He has been amazing so far in most games, assisting and playmaking games, but he can completely dissapear in some big games and that worries me most.

To win things you need players who work equaly good against any side, small or big, possession team, pressing team or counter attacking team. And when its time to step up, you step up. Lamps, Ballack, Iniesta, Koke, Modric, Matic are such players. It doesnt matter who play against, they do their job.

On other hand Cesc is absolutely unplayable in some games, but invisible in others.

I dont want to criticise Cesc or anything, but if he wont gain winners mentality and perform consistently through whole season, I think we wont win titles. In big games, our midfield is weak and when we should set tempo, Cesc dissapears and we get overrun or rely on setpieces and counters.

Thats one and only reason Im still sceptic about Cesc ever since he came here and until we play big teams (and he plays like he does in small games) and until we win some trophies, I dont think I will change that opinion.

Probably you dont agree, but one thing is quality and other is to keep that quality on every level against any opponent. I generaly prefer 'old school' midfielders like Lamps or Ballack were. We are doing fine but I wait till we clash with Madrid or Bayern and see if Cesc can handle things like Modric or Schweini do against big teams. Only then we will be top side. But I fear Cesc will simply hide in such games. He will make one or two good passes, but there will be no sign of him dictating our play, throwing himself after every ball and not giving up. Cesc just isnt such player IMO and that could be problem for us.

Chelsea under Mou was never team that dominated opponents or played realy attractive football, but we always had winners in team, players that would literaly die for win and do anyting they could. We overpowered opponents with speed, strength and efficiency, something we seriously lack in curent team against big sides.

Lets hope I wrong.

CESC Is a few levels lower than Modric and Thiago.

Remember what i said in the beginning of the season and how much insults I received, yet the past few games everyone sees it.

Cesc is like Mata and modric and thiago is like david silva.....

Cesc, like mata will blind fans with their one assist, but silva is the one that is influential to the whole team and game.

That being said, cesc is sufficient for the epl, but in europe is going to be a whole another test. (CESC is still the poty so far for chelsea) and yes pogba would start over cesc.

Call me crazy but I still have some doubts that me might be our biggest weak link due to his mentality.

He has been amazing so far in most games, assisting and playmaking games, but he can completely dissapear in some big games and that worries me most.

To win things you need players who work equaly good against any side, small or big, possession team, pressing team or counter attacking team. And when its time to step up, you step up. Lamps, Ballack, Iniesta, Koke, Modric, Matic are such players. It doesnt matter who play against, they do their job.

On other hand Cesc is absolutely unplayable in some games, but invisible in others.

I dont want to criticise Cesc or anything, but if he wont gain winners mentality and perform consistently through whole season, I think we wont win titles. In big games, our midfield is weak and when we should set tempo, Cesc dissapears and we get overrun or rely on setpieces and counters.

Thats one and only reason Im still sceptic about Cesc ever since he came here and until we play big teams (and he plays like he does in small games) and until we win some trophies, I dont think I will change that opinion.

Probably you dont agree, but one thing is quality and other is to keep that quality on every level against any opponent. I generaly prefer 'old school' midfielders like Lamps or Ballack were. We are doing fine but I wait till we clash with Madrid or Bayern and see if Cesc can handle things like Modric or Schweini do against big teams. Only then we will be top side. But I fear Cesc will simply hide in such games. He will make one or two good passes, but there will be no sign of him dictating our play, throwing himself after every ball and not giving up. Cesc just isnt such player IMO and that could be problem for us.

Chelsea under Mou was never team that dominated opponents or played realy attractive football, but we always had winners in team, players that would literaly die for win and do anyting they could. We overpowered opponents with speed, strength and efficiency, something we seriously lack in curent team against big sides.

Lets hope I wrong.

In big games this problem could be solved by playing him in the #10 spot. He plays both positions very well but in this kind of games I think Ramires-Matic is better suited to protect Cesc and the defenders. He is the main creator of our team and should always play and in big games his main task should be helping the attack.

We haven't seen this set up very often because Ramires was injured most of the time but I think this will be the midfield trio in CL and EPL big games.

crazy, completely, utterly, unmistakably crazy - unless you really mean you and not him... got confused by your grammar

He has improved our setpieces this season it's crazy.

If mikel and cahill scored their free headers from fabregas setpieces against newcastle, we would have been talking about a win just from his setpiece quality alone. And he still assisted Drogba from a setpiece in the match.

crazy, completely, utterly, unmistakably crazy - unless you really mean you and not him... got confused by your grammar

Yeah I meant him...

Whatever you say you have your opinion and I mine. We will see who got it right in end of season.

Yeah I meant him...

Whatever you say you have your opinion and I mine. We will see who got it right in end of season.

you just called the guy who's always showed he's hungry to win and who has 11 assists for us in the EPL the team weakest link...

that isn't even about having an opinion, that's just downright stupid. How can a guy that runs the most in the ENTIRE LEAGUE, tackles everywhere (he even led the statistic in one weekend) and continues to assist as crazy the weakest link? Sorry, it makes no sense.

I don't understand people that don't like him, but I accept it. Everyone can like whoever they want. But he improved us, his stats speak for himself. You can call him whatever shit you want, the weakest link isn't one of them. That's plain BS

you just called the guy who's always showed he's hungry to win and who has 11 assists for us in the EPL the team weakest link...

that isn't even about having an opinion, that's just downright stupid. How can a guy that runs the most in the ENTIRE LEAGUE, tackles everywhere (he even led the statistic in one weekend) and continues to assist as crazy the weakest link? Sorry, it makes no sense.

I don't understand people that don't like him, but I accept it. Everyone can like whoever they want. But he improved us, his stats speak for himself. You can call him whatever shit you want, the weakest link isn't one of them. That's plain BS

I think he means weakest defensively.

I think he means weakest defensively.

tbh after that line I didn't bother to read the rest of the post, so maybe I'm at fault.

Still Cesc has been leading our tackles in the latest matches and is the player that runs the most in the pitch in the whole competition.

He's the most advanced pivot player, he doesn't need to be an ace defensively. It's been a while since we've conceded because of him. He's doing fine. We can't expect a player of his creativity and vision to also be the best defensive midfielder... he isn't even remotely as bad defending as the myth some have been spreading. Actually he isn't even bad at defending.

tbh after that line I didn't bother to read the rest of the post, so maybe I'm at fault.

Still Cesc has been leading our tackles in the latest matches and is the player that runs the most in the pitch in the whole competition.

He's the most advanced pivot player, he doesn't need to be an ace defensively. It's been a while since we've conceded because of him. He's doing fine. We can't expect a player of his creativity and vision to also be the best defensive midfielder... he isn't even remotely as bad defending as the myth some have been spreading. Actually he isn't even bad at defending.

I would take a one legged Cesc over MIKEL any match of the week :)

People always bitch and moan - we are sitting pretty in all competitions - yet still not good enough. I honestly despair at the posts on this forum, where have all the positive people gone?

We're season 2 into what will hopefully be a 10 year (min) stint by Jose - lots of problems are being addressed, is it perfect? No, progress is good though, but we do need a Plan B for some games (would be my only criticism)