Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

the most disappointing thing is how many times he loses the ball under pressure. he was a barcelona player. he played with the KINGS of ball shielding and tight 1-2 passes (iniesta and xavi) for 3 years and seemed to have learned nothing.

DLP suits him but his defensive frailities makes our 2 man mid of cesc-matic in a big match look weak.

Even though it wasn't the best of him, he eventually made a key pass to Hazard which quite honestly should have ended with a goal.

I like having Cesc because even when he's bad he can change the game with one pass.

We should just figure out a better way for us to play in "big games" with him.

People can say he is shite in big games but he is the only player we have in that sort of profile, someone who controls the game, a deep lying playmaker. We lose him and we don't have someone who can play great accurate long passes for strikers/wingers to expose high defenses, maybe Matic but not in the same ilk in terms of long passing.

Better in the second half, two fantastic balls. But you have to keep in mind that tempo dropped and Cesc has all time in the world to make those passes. The problem is his poor showing has much bigger impact on the whole team than let's say winger or no.10 because Cesc's lack of athleticism and laziness creates huge spaces between defence and midfield, sometimes it's comical to see this in Mourinho's team.

I don't know how we can get around this problem without dropping him. He is simply not suited to the games when he's pressed by opposition, he has no pressing-resistent technique and can be very sloppy in passing. Let him do flat-track bulling and try to extend his amazing ability in doing so beyond December.

If Mourinho cant find a way to play Matic-Cesc-Oscar-Willian-Hazard in the big games, keep playing Ramires instead of Oscar, we'll continue to have a problem in those games.

Sometimes it will go well, sometimes it will go just ok, sometimes it will go bad. You cant really say what do we want to do in those line ups with Ramires... it just seems like an improvisation, a cheap solution, not like a strong team.

And Cesc is the main issue, not because of his quality, its not his fault, but because of his physics. If Cesc was strong and aggressive like Koke or Verratti, Mourinho would've played without Ramires. I am sure (Matic-X, Willian-Oscar-Hazard).

But our situation is that we cant play without Cesc, he is our creative force in central midfield, our DLP. And its also almost impossible to find a DLP in this level, we saw how much time we had to wait until we got Cesc.

So, Mourinho, who dont want to get a new CM, have to find a way with those five players, with Oscar-Matic-Cesc in the center. Our improvement as a team this season depends on that imo. Until he can solve this problem we'll be pretty much stuck in our evolution.

He was only shit when we were playing him in a position that is not his favoured one. As soon as he dropped deep into his more favoured role he dictated play and picked out 2 quality passes. Hazard should have really buried that.

Im sure whole forum knows my opinion about Cesc but I will go step further.

He is quality player and certainly one of most deserving for Pl title.

BUT as long he is in first 11, we wont win CL. Leaders step up in key games. He doesnt. He is nowhere when we play big teams. He is basicaly what arsenal team was. Plenty to show but he is not the one to do it when teams needs him most. And with such player with such big role, you cant win CL.

Very little chance we succeed if we go 4:3:3 and bring another top CM to play next to Cesc and Matic. Maybe then those two will be enough to cover for Cesc.

And finaly I dont get why people want him as our captain. He shows nothing that would make him a captain of the team. He is all loud and cocky but when shit gets real his cock gets in the size of peanut and he acts like a pussy. I dont want such captain.

Unpopular opinion I know but the excuses need to stop. Big game player term suddenly doesnt matter? Players are rated by big games performances. No one can deliver in every big game but top players deliver in most. Problem with Cesc is that he delivers in one big game out of 10.

We won title last year and Cesc rocked against shit sides did average against big. And that was enough because rest were poor. But when manchesters and arsenal grow, derbies and big, key games will decide title. And if Cesc wont perform there, we wont win anything. Wont even go into CL options.

Funny how people want to make all kind of excuses about Cesc but thing is he was bad in 90 percent of crucial games, his form dropped after half season. Yet he has great stats, good looks and people worship him. But stats arent everything. Truth is when your key midfield playmaker gets dominated in against almost every better midfield and his performance ability drops to 1/4th of what he is capable in those games, no stat can show it.

Modric or Verratti are the players you want in midfield in a CL game against psg, bayern, real etc not Cesc.

When he makes a great run of performances in CL, drags and pushes us forward, gives others inspiration basicaly what he should be doing; even if we dont win CL in the end. Only then I will say how wrong I was. But until then, no excuse will save him.

Like I said he still did big part for Pl title and Im grateful for that, but when Pl Gets stronger, we will see true ability of Cesc.

In big games he he is liability much as Oscar or whoever else.

Yet people like him just like they liked Mata. And both are nice persons but neither was the midfielder for big games. However people are blind to admit that.

For the sake of Chelsea I hope he proves me wrong.

Cescy and Matic just need a 3rd partner thats not Rami or Mikel. He needs more time and space on the ball to make the plays. Hes got a great eye and knows where players are and going to be.

Hes just not made out for number 10 and I dont think anyone we have is.

BUT as long he is in first 11, we wont win CL. Leaders step up in key games. He doesnt. He is nowhere when we play big teams. He is basicaly what arsenal team was. Plenty to show but he is not the one to do it when teams needs him most. And with such player with such big role, you cant win CL.

Very little chance we succeed if we go 4:3:3 and bring another top CM to play next to Cesc and Matic. Maybe then those two will be enough to cover for Cesc.

And finaly I dont get why people want him as our captain. He shows nothing that would make him a captain of the team. He is all loud and cocky but when shit gets real his cock gets in the size of peanut and he acts like a pussy. I dont want such captain.

Unpopular opinion I know but the excuses need to stop. Big game player term suddenly doesnt matter? Players are rated by big games performances. No one can deliver in every big game but top players deliver in most. Problem with Cesc is that he delivers in one big game out of 10.

We won title last year and Cesc rocked against shit sides did average against big. And that was enough because rest were poor. But when manchesters and arsenal grow, derbies and big, key games will decide title. And if Cesc wont perform there, we wont win anything. Wont even go into CL options.

Funny how people want to make all kind of excuses about Cesc but thing is he was bad in 90 percent of crucial games, his form dropped after half season. Yet he has great stats, good looks and people worship him. But stats arent everything. Truth is when your key midfield playmaker gets dominated in against almost every better midfield and his performance ability drops to 1/4th of what he is capable in those games, no stat can show it.

Modric or Verratti are the players you want in midfield in a CL game against psg, bayern, real etc not Cesc.

When he makes a great run of performances in CL, drags and pushes us forward, gives others inspiration basicaly what he should be doing; even if we dont win CL in the end. Only then I will say how wrong I was. But until then, no excuse will save him.

Like I said he still did big part for Pl title and Im grateful for that, but when Pl Gets stronger, we will see true ability of Cesc.

Yet people like him just like they liked Mata. And both are nice persons but neither was the midfielder for big games. However people are blind to admit that.

Take out Cesc and we lose 80% of our creativity. He only needs 1 or 2 moments in any game and he can make the difference with his fast thinking/vision, like that ball to Hazard, ball to Falcao and many other examples of last season where he put Diego 1v1 the keeper. That's why he's a must in our line up. Besides the final killer pass, he's also important for our build up and overall play.

He's not that type of player you describe, he's not a midfield commander like Modric and Mourinho understands this. That's why we have Matic and Ramires (B2B) or Mikel (DM) to compensate his weaknesses in the tougher games. I actually think we need someone better to dominate the midfield again. Prime Essien-Matic-Cesc would make a very good balanced midfield for example: Defensively solid, strong, creative, plus fire power from midfield. I think we'd win the CL with that kind of midfield.

Yes Cesc is not perfect but he's vital for us, and he's too important to let him out.

Take out Cesc and we lose 80% of our creativity. He only needs 1 or 2 moments in any game and he can make the difference with his fast thinking/vision, like that ball to Hazard, ball to Falcao and many other examples of last season where he put Diego 1v1 the keeper. That's why he's a must in our line up. Besides the final killer pass, he's also important for our build up and overall play.

He's not that type of player you describe, he's not a midfield commander like Modric and Mourinho understands this. That's why we have Matic and Ramires (B2B) or Mikel (DM) to compensate his weaknesses in the tougher games. I actually think we need someone better to dominate the midfield again. Prime Essien-Matic-Cesc would make a very good balanced midfield for example: Defensively solid, strong, creative, plus fire power from midfield. I think we'd win the CL with that kind of midfield.

Yes Cesc is not perfect but he's vital for us, and he's too important to let him out.

I agree,

Cesc isn't that player nor is he going to be..

I think we dont really have a case for the CL anyways, it's not about Cesc. The team has a whole isn't there just yet.. you can't compare us to the likes of Bayern, Real, Barca. This isn't down to Fabregas only, the quality isn't there.

Great point. It's not just him though. We really don't have any big game players in attack. If a team mark out hazard we simple have no chance. Can't remember the last time we actually outplayed a big team.

Fabregas offered us nothing at all today (poor passing, minimal defensive effectiveness, poor set-piece delivery, no mobility or dynamism), and should have been the player removed following Courtois' red card.

I also think that he should be dropped for the game against Man City; he under-performed against them last season (even when he was having a good run of form), and he's been poor in almost all of our most recent matches, including the one today against Swansea. He just doesn't look ready for competitive football at the moment, and I'm not sure that we can afford to have him in our starting 11 against an opponent of Man City's quality; he's looking worse than a passenger. I think that we should play 4-3-3 against City, with Matic as the lone DM behind a box-to-box CM duo of Oscar and Willian (as in pre-season against PSG) and a front three of Hazard-Costa-Moses.

Anyway, hopefully Fabregas re-discovers some form soon, because when he's playing well he's a huge asset to our team.