Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Unlike some people in here, I don't think he was awful. He made a few errors but he also showed al ot more than some of the players on the pitch. You saw signs of his excellent passing. Not a great game, not a poor game. But he definitely needs to regain his early season form.

Having 6 days until the next match should hopefully do him a world of good.

His play since the new year is all the evidence you need to reaffirm what many of us here have been saying for a while: that we 100% need to sign another top class midfielder. Cesc simply doesn't have the stamina and fitness level to last a whole season as a 90 minutes once or twice per week player.

Our problem this season is that we have no one else in our team who can do what he does. He doesn't play and the whole dynamic of our team changes.

Even if we don't spend astronomical money on someone like Pogba, we need someone of high quality.

Maybe we should just stop playing him in the 2nd part of the season and in big games. Did not need him in the latter last season. Though as for the former, if we drop him, Ramires will take his place and i am not quite sure he would do any better....

Also as for the choker argument. Fabregas might suck major balls in most big games, but I remember him having some amazing performances in the very big moments in wc 2010 and ec 2012 e.g. the assists for the world cup winning goal

Its a concern for sure, I'd rather play Oscar there at the moment, thats saying something.

But I can't come down hard on the guy, at the start of the season I didn't think I'd get to grips with Cesc being in blue but I love the guy.

First season back in England, reserving judgment, we're up a trophy after all.

As I said in the thread of Mata, we need more players like Fabregas because right now Fabregas is alone in midfield.

Fabregas now has the fuel tank completely empty. For the next season we need more players like that because we have already shown that we can do a spectacular football.

Fabregas has practically played every minute this season. If we do not rotate our players is more difficult to get good physically at the end of the season.

Regards to ALL.

Suspect that 2-game suspension was in his mind. Then again, tracking back and tackling diligently have never been his strongest points.

To some extent I pity him because teams have picked up on him compared to the beginning of the season where he had more space.

I noticed now that when he has the ball costa is properly marked to prevent that splitting pass in the beginning of the season. Oscar is left free and fabregas is pressured to pass back or lose the ball.

But that's his weakness, how I wish he knew how to protect the ball with his body in the way and fall on the ball if pushed from behind. I play football and I think I'm better than Fabregas in protecting my ball, I use my ass push them back and use my arms to prevent anyone from coming from the sides. You'll have to push me or kick me to collect the ball unless 2 players press me.

Fabregas can't hold the ball even if my little sister chased him.

To some extent I pity him because teams have picked up on him compared to the beginning of the season where he had more space.

I noticed now that when he has the ball costa is properly marked to prevent that splitting pass in the beginning of the season. Oscar is left free and fabregas is pressured to pass back or lose the ball.

But that's his weakness, how I wish he knew how to protect the ball with his body in the way and fall on the ball if pushed from behind. I play football and I think I'm better than Fabregas in protecting my ball, I use my ass push them back and use my arms to prevent anyone from coming from the sides. You'll have to push me or kick me to collect the ball unless 2 players press me.

Fabregas can't hold the ball even if my little sister chased him.

Arsenal-Barcelona syndrome. :ph34r:

First half was a nightmare. Worst i've seen him playing with us. Second half he raised his game a little.

Before judging, one should consider that Cesc actually tries risky stuff. It's not that he is failing to pass it backwards. He wasn't getting there but kept going. I didn't feel at all that he wanted to hide like others do sometimes. That i respect. He is also not getting any help lately from Oscar and Matic in the midfield. They are also not performing well lately and it's a team sport. Look how Ramires did a fine job being his partner once he came on and that helped Cesc a little. Ballsy move from Jose that.

Yes he was awful, but it's not right imo to back up that 2nd half of the season crap. It's just a bad spell we are having collectively.

Love Cesc to bits but he was shithouse yesterday, particularly in the first half. I've never seen him fuck up so many passes in one game, didn't look himself at all. Has been poor since his injury in the Liverpool COC game.

Noticed yesterday his knee was strapped, wonder if there's a little issue there, because beyond his shit passing, he has looked completely lax in his movement recently also.

Seriously think he's been even worse than Oscar lately.

Love Cesc to bits but he was shithouse yesterday, particularly in the first half. I've never seen him fuck up so many passes in one game, didn't look himself at all. Has been poor since his injury in the Liverpool COC game.

Noticed yesterday his knee was strapped, wonder if there's a little issue there, because beyond his shit passing, he has looked completely lax in his movement recently also.

Seriously think he's been even worse than Oscar lately.

United away is a decent shout.