Post-season review - Chelsea 2013/14

BlueLion.

Success or Failure?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel the season went? Rate out of 5...

• 1/5 - a terrible season, we fell well short of expectations.
    • 2/5 - not a great season. Some positives but overall a disappointment.
    • 3/5 - average. Not bad for a team in transition but would have liked some silverware nonetheless!
    • 4/5 - good. A positive blueprint for the future has been laid, and there were some famous wins as well (6-0 vs Arsenal, 2-0 vs PSG, etc.)
    • 5/5 - exceeding expectations! I didn't think we'd come close to achieving what we did! Bring on next season!

Say in between...failure because we came so close and messed up against teams which on paper we should be beating...success imo as never thought we would challenge or keep it up till the end.We were the last team in Europe again although didn't really matter in the end as we were poor in that game got further then thought we did.Cup run however was a bit shite but hey...

Throwing in some (depressing) stats...

1. Man City have 4 players who have scored 20+ goals this season in all competitions - Aguero (28), Dzeko (26), Toure (24) & Negredo (23).

2. Man City have scored 154 goals in all competitions this season and 101 of them have been scored by Aguero, Dzeko, Toure and Negredo.

3. Man City have scored 100 PL goals this season. Only need 4 more goals to break the goalscoring record by a team in 1 PL season - 103 by Chelsea.

After all the praising and the creaming of pants by the media and other clubs' supporters about how incredible and amazing Liverpool and City have been, after all of the shit that has been spewed about how we play dire, boring, defensive football we finish only 2 points behind the "neutral's team" Liverpool and 4 points behind the most expensive team in professional sports WITH NO STRIKERS.

Liverpool and City finished with over 100 goals scored and still barely finished above us. Massive improvement over last season for us.

Next season will be our year. We'll be one of the most feared sides in Europe with a few key additions.

I've said before it was a success, that was before the CL loss to Atletico and before we were out of the league.

Looking at things now I do not change my mind. Still think going into the season with Torres, Eto'o and Ba was like giving someone a PC without a keyboard.

I think there should be a special award for Liverpool ...not quite sure what

Best fans in the World ?

Oh for finishing higher than Manure

Their strikers having most bite ..

Oh anything to stop them whining about "istory "

see I didnt use a H

I will have to sit on the fence on this one. It has been a bit of both. We were so close to reaching another European final and lifting the Prem title, but our lack of a poacher has cost us once again.

I personally think we are only short of a few improvements throughout the squad, with upfront being the main priority. If we do good business in the summer, next season could be one of our most successful.

Despite a trophyless season, Chelsea is set to earn, conservatively, £340m for its efforts, an incredible 30% increase from last season #CFC

Would be good if we could knew our expenses.

Like how much do we expect our wages to be and such?

Cause we might actually turn a profit in the new reports.

Despite a trophyless season, Chelsea is set to earn, conservatively, £340m for its efforts, an incredible 30% increase from last season #CFC

He's going to write an article on it tomorrow, breaking it down completely financially then will use some guesstimate to guess how much Mou could potentially have for the summer this season.

It certainly means we can comfortably spend quite a bit this summer though, especially considering the TV deal will increase even further next season (not sure if he's already put that in there yet but we'll see).

I think there should be a special award for Liverpool ...not quite sure what

Best fans in the World ?

Oh for finishing higher than Manure

Their strikers having most bite ..

Oh anything to stop them whining about "istory "

see I didnt use a H

Lol...that's a good one..

Btw interestingly enough if someone told us 2 years after that night in Munich we would only win Europa league and Mata would be sold, what do you guys think we would have reacted like? Cannot believe it that is for sure so it is OK to write this season off but since winning the CL this 'transitional' period is a failure.

Munich was incredible, an amazing underdog story but that was it, underdog, we were rubbish that season and could barely string 2 wins together for the most part, Munich was an incredible moment but it didn't change the fact we still had a long way to go before we were back at the top pyramid of football.

Last season was a little baby step in the right direction, Hazard, Oscar and Azpi helped breath some fresh energy in a stale squad but we still had the problem of the squad being terribly unbalanced with no distinct style of play.

Jose has come in, and we are looking like a club with a direction again, Jose has set a blueprint to make us a solid counter attacking team in the mould of Leti this year and Bayern the year before, no more floating around in endless transitions making strange signings with no plan on how to integrate them, no more player power, no 50m flops getting unconditional minutes over vastly superior players, the manager is incharge and it's his way or the high way.