Ezequiel Lavezzi

What's the point of being good at dribbling if your decision making (and even the final ball) is terrible?

It's better than Willian/schurlle at least. Our counterattacks will be far better because he won't pass back to ivanovic when he has only one marker to dribble and slow down our play.

Robben used to have very poor decision making shooting every time even worse than schurlle and was criticized for it but he was still better than our right wing options because he can dribble like hazard.

I'm not saying he is messi but for the price of 10 mil according to rumors he is worth a look.

I have missed us having jcole and robben on both flanks with pure pace and real ability to dribble like hazard and I want that back.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's better than Willian/schurlle at least. Our counterattacks will be far better because he won't pass back to ivanovic when he has only one marker to dribble and slow down our play.

Robben used to have very poor decision making shooting every time even worse than schurlle and was criticized for it but he was still better than our right wing options because he can dribble like hazard.

I'm not saying he is messi but for the price of 10 mil according to rumors he is worth a look.

I have missed us having jcole and robben on both flanks with pure pace and real ability to dribble like hazard and I want that back.

Still, no thanks. It smacks of nothing more than short term signing/stop gap measure. Lavezzi is erratic and has hardly been consistent. He's already 30 years old this year. If he's not playing at his best right now, he definitely won't be doing that in the next few years. It won't take long before people put him in the Schurrle/Willian/Salah bracket if he comes here. Besides, you talk about counter-attacks every time but we don't play that way in every game, do we? Would he really be useful when we face packed defences? I doubt it.

Still, no thanks. It smacks of nothing more than short term signing/stop gap measure. Lavezzi is erratic and has hardly been consistent. He's already 30 years old this year. If he's not playing at his best right now, he definitely won't be doing that in the next few years. It won't take long before people put him in the Schurrle/Willian/Salah bracket if he comes here. Besides, you talk about counter-attacks every time but we don't play that way in every game, do we? Would he really be useful when we face packed defences? I doubt it.

whats the problem with a short term/stop gap signing. we have hazard-oscar-willian-cesc as the long term (atleast foreseeable future) players. if we indeed get an offer for schurrle (30mil euros) then an 8mil deal for lavezzi who is not only better than schurrle but even better than our current first team starter in willian, then i seriously dont see a problem.

(all this is only after we have gone all in for reus and cant get him).

whats the problem with a short term/stop gap signing. we have hazard-oscar-willian-cesc as the long term (atleast foreseeable future) players. if we indeed get an offer for schurrle (30mil euros) then an 8mil deal for lavezzi who is not only better than schurrle but even better than our current first team starter in willian, then i seriously dont see a problem.

Salah is obviously leaving, Schurrle is inconsistent beyond belief and Willian doesn't set the world alight all the while. Lavezzi would be a cracking option for a couple of years/or if we eventually sign Reus.

If we are gonna get a short term/stop gap signing, then get someone good or decent. But would Lavezzi improve us? Not in my books.

If we are gonna get a short term/stop gap signing, then get someone good or decent. But would Lavezzi improve us? Not in my books.

Lavezzi is a good option, probably the best available to us right now after reus. And his price tag is in single digit which is pretty good deal.

In my opinion, he is a better option than either of willian and schurrle. He is a work horse so fits rigjt in with jose's philosophy and definitelt more direct and a better dribbler than willian.

Lavezzi is a good option, probably the best available to us right now after reus. And his price tag is in single digit which is pretty good deal.

Didn't know Lavezzi only cost £8 and not £8, 000, 000. :Goober:

In my opinion, he is a better option than either of willian and schurrle. He is a work horse so fits rigjt in with jose's philosophy and definitelt more direct and a better dribbler than willian.

He may be all that but his form and performances in the last couple of years have not convinced me that he'll be a good buy.

Lavezzi would be an upgrade on both Willian and Schurrle.

Have people been watching the wrong Lavezzi? If the current Lavezzi is still the Lavezzi of Napoli, then I would probably agree with that. But right now, he's not even playing well and has hardly set the world alight at PSG. An upgrade? Not a chance. If anything, they are all almost similar in their limitation and inconsistency.

Didn't know Lavezzi only cost £8 and not £8, 000, 000. :Goober:

He may be all that but his form and performances in the last couple of years have not convinced me that he'll be a good buy.

You are so devoid of humour it makes my bones ache. The least funniest staff member strikes again.

- Spike out.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You