Chelsea v Atletico Madrid

Jase

It's probably going to be a 4-2-3-1. Don't think we have enough options available to play 4-3-3 again.

Van Ginkel if need be? He's been fit for at least a month now.

Although Oscar can and should play a big role in midfield today.

You are correct too. I get your point since if we had David Luiz and Cahill at the back I wouldn't feel so safe. At Anfield though, with Ivan we were fantastic.

I am not saying anything new here. JT is still Chelsea´s best defender, in my view. I hope, JT signs for one more year & he gets to play in Lisbon & wins it, then. People might say, many things about him, but as a footballer JT is one of the best I have ever seen.

Van Ginkel if need be? He's been fit for at least a month now.

Although Oscar can and should play a big role in midfield today.

True but I doubt he's genuinely 100% fit and I don't think Mourinho is gonna risk him at all in a game that is gonna be physical, tense and a lot of pressure. It's not exactly a game where we can risk something.

And like you alluded to there, Oscar would help the pivot if it's going to be a 4-2-3-1 with him in the No.10 role. Could even count Willian in it.

True but I doubt he's genuinely 100% fit and I don't think Mourinho is gonna risk him at all in a game that is gonna be physical, tense and a lot of pressure. It's not exactly a game where we can risk something.

And like you alluded to there, Oscar would help the pivot if it's going to be a 4-2-3-1 with him in the No.10 role. Could even count Willian in it.

There can be no excuses for Oscar today. He has to perform. I have faith he will.

Are we going to play with 3 defensive mids or are we going to set out like we did against PSG.

If it's Rami and Luiz, with Hazard, Oscar and Willian just in front it's going to be a very forward minded team.

no matter what he does, Jose should never trust Ramires in a two men midfield ... it will be the ruin of us, it should be a 433 with (Oscar/Azpi Luiz Ramires)

Atletico are the best team we've faced this season

we need a massive performance to beat them, and i think we'll get it

^this. even if we get into the final, they will STILL be the best team we would face the whole season.

that first goal is all important.

no matter what he does, Jose should never trust Ramires in a two men midfield ... it will be the ruin of us, it should be a 433 with (Oscar/Azpi Luiz Ramires)

I'm glad someone else has mentioned this. Thought it was just me... A Luiz-Ramires pivot is going to be a car crash waiting to happen.

Luiz-Oscar pivot for me.

As a side note, why have I seen so many people proposing Azpi playing DM/CM? Has he ever played there before? I don't think he has.

Is it because of Lahm? Lahm was a 1 off, and that's only because he's a top top quality player, he's nowehere near as good at DM as he is at RB.

I hope Ramires has a big game today, yes he's been awful recently but if he has a good game a Luiz - Ramires pivot will be fine. I can't believe people are trying to fit Azpi or Oscar in there ahead of him.

As a side note, why have I seen so many people proposing Azpi playing DM/CM? Has he ever played there before? I don't think he has.

Is it because of Lahm? Lahm was a 1 off, and that's only because he's a top top quality player, he's nowehere near as good at DM as he is at RB.

not as CM/DM, rather a wing back .... I believe, he and cole can take turns making those overlapping runs to make space for Hazard without risking a counter attack

not as CM/DM, rather a wing back .... I believe, he and cole can take turns making those overlapping runs to make space for Hazard without risking a counter attack

Now THAT would work. So 3 at the back, those two wing backs, Luiz holding, Oscar just in front, then Hazard and Willian off Eto'o. I like it.

But I do think that some people were suggesting playing Dave in the midfield duo/trio, which just confuses me.

I hope Ramires has a big game today, yes he's been awful recently but if he has a good game a Luiz - Ramires pivot will be fine. I can't believe people are trying to fit Azpi or Oscar in there ahead of him.

Like you said he's been awful recently, and while I have faith, I just don't think that'll change. I personally would've tried Oscar as a DLP weeks ago to see if it worked. I mean, he is a playmaker, he's a great passer of the ball and he proved early on in the season that he's a decent enough tackler. I think it's worth a try, because otherwise he won't be starting as Hazard/Willian/Schurrle are all much better atm.