John Stones

Sidzeret

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No because no one rates Clint hill , he's semi fossilized

That's a totally different situation. Stones would look great at Real too. Not saying he's better than him, but come on.

honestly i dont think chelsea fans rated stones that highly too before the insane bidding started.

i mean, i went back to the summer transfer window thread to find if someone thinks that stones would be the ideal buy and surprising i found nothing. and believe me there was a lot of talk about buying a pro active CB.

seems to me to be the flavour of the month case.

Based on what? Varane plays with some of the best players in the world. Stones is paired with Jagielka. Lol.

You're not playing that card are you, really? Might as well say 'Jay Rodriguez is maybe better than Neymar because he plays with Pelle and not Neymar' or something like that.

Varane is miles better and is worth every penny of the 40M that we are gonna probably bid for Stones. I can't believe we've gone beyond 30M for Everton, there are much better CBs out there, just a pity they aren't English.

You're not playing that card are you, really? Might as well say 'Jay Rodriguez is maybe better than Neymar because he plays with Pelle and not Neymar' or something like that.

Varane is miles better and is worth every penny of the 40M that we are gonna probably bid for Stones. I can't believe we've gone beyond 30M for Everton, there are much better CBs out there, just a pity they aren't English.

Except Rodriguez is not really a great talent. Whereas Stones plays very maturely for his age. Saying that I dont think Stones is worth more than £25m.

Except Rodriguez is not really a great talent. Whereas Stones plays very maturely for his age. Saying that I dont think Stones is worth more than £25m.

Neither is John Stones. I don't think he is a better talent than Kurt Zouma so the price we could pay for him is ridiculous. I think he screams average, he's good on the ball but we've seen that being good on the ball doesn't mean you're automatically a class defender (like David Luiz and Hummels). If he weren't English I don't think this forum or anybody would rate him as highly as he is. I mean Ross Barkley is the same and so were guys like Jordan Henderson and Theo Walcott... more than average players who were severely overrated since they were English.

I personally think Stones has more potential than Zouma, Zouma is a great athletic, no-nonsense defender but Stones is better technically and can more importantly play out from the back with ease. They are both great and potentially could form a devastating partnership akin to Vidic and Rio.

who is he?

Started following him 2 days ago since he broke the news about Pedro (and he said he also reported Baba and Falcao before others), also has many pictures with footballers on his twitter. Seems reliable.

CM4H-CWVEAAyNvB.jpg

CM4DU6RUYAAgUr5.jpg

CM4Bi6RWoAAtqDw.jpg

I don't think CB is a high enough priority to make our need for Stones such as to justify the kind of fee Everton will want. Next summer it will be without a doubt but, if need be, I think we can navigate through this season with what we have. That's all the more true now that the Baba move has happened. If left to me, I'd still be working on two more deals, a CM and another AM. In that order. If those can be afforded along with a mega CB signing, then fine but if not then, for me, CB can wait.

I don't think CB is a high enough priority to make our need for Stones such as to justify the kind of fee Everton will want. Next summer it will be without a doubt but, if need be, I think we can navigate through this season with what we have. That's all the more true now that the Baba move has happened. If left to me, I'd still be working on two more deals, a CM and another AM. In that order. If those can be afforded along with a mega CB signing, then fine but if not then, for me, CB can wait.

There isn't a hope in hells chance of us seriously competing with the support Matic and Cescy has.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You