John Stones

Sidzeret

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly ! We need a workhorse, like a Koke or Veratti, not Pogba.

Completely agree but if there is a chance to sign Pogba, I couldnt say no.

He posses long range threat, has good attitude and isnt cocky unlike many many players his age. Not to mention he is strong player and we need some of power in midfield too. He knows he is CM and will have to work on his tactical positioning if he wants to become one of world best.

And he is quite awesome with the ball, unique midfielder.

But yes Verrati or Koke have alot more tactical ability and work their ass off in every game, warriors. Pogba has head on right place so it might work aswell.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/9958853/evertons-john-stones-has-not-requested-transfer

Roberto Martinez says he is not aware of any supposed transfer request handed in by Everton's John Stones.

It was reported in The Sun newspaper this morning that the player was ready to hand in a request in the hope of forcing through a move to Chelsea.

Chelsea have made several bids for the central defender, with the most recent being for £30m, and they have all been rejected.

Wish the Sun werent behind a paywall anymore, probably wont find out what the rest of that article says

What's the thing with that? The most idiotic stories I've read before were from The Sun. Why would somebody pay for that shit? :D

I'm doubtful this will happen. Why have we left it so late in the window? The fact we have suggests to me that Stones wasn't our first option...

I don't think it would of dragged out as long but we decided to start with a bid of 20M, for arguably their best player.

I'm doubtful this will happen. Why have we left it so late in the window? The fact we have suggests to me that Stones wasn't our first option...

I think it more likely suggests that we totally underestimated how difficult it would be to get him and how much he would cost.

Our opening bid of £20m says just that in my opinion. We probably figured we'd just swoop in with ease and take poor little Everton's player and weren't expecting such a fight.

I don't think it would of dragged out as long but we decided to start with a bid of 20M, for arguably their best player.

I think it more likely suggests that we totally underestimated how difficult it would be to get him and how much he would cost.

Our opening bid of £20m says just that in my opinion. We probably figured we'd just swoop in with ease and take poor little Everton's player and weren't expecting such a fight.

Both fair points, but even so, especially when you compare what we've done in this transfer market (entirely reactionary player acquisitions) to last year's far more proactive approach (Costa, Fabregas and Luis all recruited well before the start of the season), it is a little disappointing that Mourinho and company didn't see just how beneficial a good pre-season is to a good start in the league, especially in Costa's and Cesc's cases.

Both fair points, but even so, especially when you compare what we've done in this transfer market (entirely reactionary player acquisitions) to last year's far more proactive approach (Costa, Fabregas and Luis all recruited well before the start of the season), it is a little disappointing that Mourinho and company didn't see just how beneficial a good pre-season is to a good start in the league, especially in Costa's and Cesc's cases.

I agree. But last seasons transfer window was so whirlwind in terms of how it panned out, it sets a precedent and people think that's how it will evolve every year.

Everton manager 'Not Aware' John Stones has handed in a Transfer Request

Everton manager says 'John Stones hasn't handed in a transfer request'

Come on Roberto which one is it.

It is more along the lines of the top one. He was asked "are you aware of a transfer request from john stones" and he said "no not at all" which is basically him saying "im not aware of one" IMO and if i was him id have said "no he hasnt handed one in and again he isnt for sale"

The bottom one is kind of right too i guess as martinez is unaware of a request, he has already answered that, so to him Stones has not handed one in.

I did notice though that in any other press conference when hes asked about Stones, he bangs on he isnt for sale... not today...

EDIT: Another point is, the story was he was close to handing one in, so it is possible that martinez is right and he hasnt handed one in... yet

On the bright side, though, if we do end up signing him this late is that he'll already have played 3 PL matches and be completely fit and ready to go. He won't have a new league and new country to get used to.

It is more along the lines of the top one. He was asked "are you aware of a transfer request from john stones" and he said "no not at all" which is basically him saying "im not aware of one" IMO and if i was him id have said "no he hasnt handed one in and again he isnt for sale"

The bottom one is kind of right too i guess as martinez is unaware of a request, he has already answered that, so to him Stones has not handed one in.

I did notice though that in any other press conference when hes asked about Stones, he bangs on he isnt for sale... not today...

Maybe Martinez was unaware because Stones went straight to Kenwright to hand in the transfer request. :ph34r:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You