John Stones

Sidzeret

"Chelsea are considering whether to lodge a final bid worth £40m for the Everton defender John Stones after seeing their third offer of the summer for the England international flatly rejected by the Merseyside club."

I mean he's good and has a great future, potentially, but we're not actually going to go that high.. Surely there's cheaper, better, options?!

DON'T BE ARSENAL!

Get Stones whatever it costs, its not our money after all. Get Varane while we're at it as well, and tell Rafa hes a fat cunt as part of the deal.

This is my favorite post ever.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not worth the amount of money.

Window closing in few days, no doubt Everton will try to milk every money they can. Reminds me of Rooney situation, when the team played the whole without a proper forward.

Selling Luiz for 40m was the only smart move in ther market since 2013. Future seasons are doomed with the current situation. I really doubt a strong team will be build untill 2019. The current manager is not used to this kind of situation.

[emoji38] don't get me wrong, I'm all for splashing the cash. But at £40m that makes him the most expensive member of this entire squad!

Now that Torres is gone lol. But fuck it, he'll be good, idc what the club spends. Just improve the squad.

Cant believe it. People here were saying City is stupid for signing Sterling for 49m, yet they want Stones for 40m.

Hopefuly you arent that desperate are you? As far as I remember the whole forum was saying not to do panic buys, yet now after two games whole forum want panic buy in Stones for 40 fecking mio.

Make up your mind :D

He is good prospect, but not worth that money. As if he is the last available good CB out there. It would be idiotic move. We would splash 40m for Stones, yet our midfield would get overrun, our attack would be toothless. Great.

Well at least, we would have another defender in Stones to defend our goal as every decent team will completely overrun us in midifield.

But whatever floats your boat...

Now that Torres is gone lol. But fuck it, he'll be good, idc what the club spends. Just improve the squad.

Yeah I guess I agree with that. Anyway, United paid £30m for Shaw and now he's settled he's looking the part. In fact I retract that OP, because Stones can give us 14 years if he learns well from Terry!

He is good prospect, but not worth that money. As if he is the last available good CB out there. It would be idiotic move. We would splash 40m for Stones, yet our midfield would get overrun, our attack would be toothless. Great.

I guess the hope is, that despite spending £40m, we'll still invest in a capable CM. The rumours are hot that CB, CM and Cuadrado's replacement are being lined in the pipeline. As many people have said; Pedro, Stones and a CM would do fine* for this season tbh.

*I also think we need a back up for Matic, Wanyama gets my vote!

Yeah I guess I agree with that. Anyway, United paid £30m for Shaw and now he's settled he's looking the part. In fact I retract that OP, because Stones can give us 14 years if he learns well from Terry!

Exactly! Even if he doesn't hit the ground running, just learning from Terry, and hell even Cahill, would be immense!

Cant believe it. People here were saying City is stupid for signing Sterling for 49m, yet they want Stones for 40m.

Hopefuly you arent that desperate are you? As far as I remember the whole forum was saying not to do panic buys, yet now after two games whole forum want panic buy in Stones for 40 fecking mio.

Make up your mind :D

Well at least, we would have another defender in Stones to defend our goal as every decent team will completely overrun us in midifield.

But whatever floats your boat...

Who would you rather the club get? They need a homegrown player to keep a fragment of an identity. Varane is untouchable, Laporte I've never seen but would be just as expensive. All other available cb's are old.

I guess the hope is, that despite spending £40m, we'll still invest in a capable CM. The rumours are hot that CB, CM and Cuadrado's replacement are being lined in the pipeline. As many people have said; Pedro, Stones and a CM would do fine* for this season tbh.

*I also think we need a back up for Matic, Wanyama gets my vote!

If thats the case, I except it to a point. But if we invest all money in Stones without solving other things, I think it would be terrible deal. Even if Stones becomes our best defender as soon as possible, that wont help us without proper CM addition.

As you said, 3-4 players will be quite hard now I guess unless we will overpay or get lower quality. I realy dont know what was Mou thinking this summer, even if we didnt need first 11 upgrades (but quite many would agree CM and RW should be added), we definately needed to improve our bench and replace at least 2 of Mikel/Ramires/Cuad with better players.

:lol: don't get me wrong, I'm all for splashing the cash. But at £40m that makes him the most expensive member of this entire squad!

I don't see it as a big deal considering he will be here the longest out of anyone if he is just 21. He is English, and will more than likely have a desire to stay at an English club, and we're one of the biggest in football, so there would be little incentive to move anywhere after that.

40 mil for 12 years of great football from your CB is worth it in my opinion. Might just be me though.

Plus he makes us so much more dynamic even this season. Want to play a high line? Him and Zouma or Cahill can take the field. Sure things up at the back? Him and Terry take the field, and possibly have Zouma in the defensive mid position where he has done a great job man marking.

Exactly! Even if he doesn't hit the ground running, just learning from Terry, and hell even Cahill, would be immense!

Who would you rather the club get? They need a homegrown player to keep a fragment of an identity. Varane is untouchable, Laporte I've never seen but would be just as expensive. All other available cb's are old.

For a starter, I would target CM ahead of CB. Ramires at RW is a no go either.

For CB, we have Terry/Cahill and Zouma. I hardly doubt Zouma and Stones will play at same time this soon, so Zouma would do for now. Main problem is that Cesc and Matic dont give any proper cover to defense. Matic covers for Cesc and we get exposed real quick. Add a good allround midfielder (Vidal would be top, but oh well) and we establish strong midfield that will certainly cover the defense better.

And if we realy realy want homegrown, we should simply go for Sterling or Clyne then. Maybe Barkley/Prowse next summer. As for any CB, there are Laporte and Gimenez who I believe would be expensive, but we could at least try for 30m.

I believe if you have a good defensive system, you dont need absolutely world class CBs, but a good balanced backbone of good players. You dont need to spend 40m on CB. We won CL with fucking Mikel at CB. Im sure there are CBs that would do the job here for less than 40m. If we intend to spend 40m+ on single player, I think it would be better to do it on attacker, RW or even CM. Those make the real difference in key games and we have no game changers, so maybe we should target one first before we go all out on Stones.

I mean it would make sense if our team was already complete, but its far from it. We cant afford 40m CB without solving other things, with fact that Stones wont even make imediate impact anyway. He never even played in CL after all.

Not to mention, everyone is saying like Stones is guaranteed to become world class and stay here for 10 years. What if he doesnt?

I don't really see the urgency on buying this guy. Unless for fulfilling Homeground Quota and as long-term replacement for JT.

Since we have Baba already, Azpi can switch to RB, then we have JT, Cahill, Zouma, Ivanovic (natural CB) in CB, which will make 40m pricetag on Stones as a fraud at the moment, i mean heck the guy is not even proven on European stage! Clearly Everton are taking advantages in our situation now.

I think we'll be fine with Azpi-Cahill-Zouma-Baba in back 4. hence Stones is not an urgency here IMO. Yet Manager and Board are making him as transfer priority lol.

We have enough fraud with a 23.3m in our midfield! :D

If thats the case, I except it to a point. But if we invest all money in Stones without solving other things, I think it would be terrible deal. Even if Stones becomes our best defender as soon as possible, that wont help us without proper CM addition.

As you said, 3-4 players will be quite hard now I guess unless we will overpay or get lower quality. I realy dont know what was Mou thinking this summer, even if we didnt need first 11 upgrades (but quite many would agree CM and RW should be added), we definately needed to improve our bench and replace at least 2 of Mikel/Ramires/Cuad with better players.

Well this aggressive approach of Stones lately does make me think that this was a board issue rather than Mourinho himself. At the end of last season he'd already said he wanted a new midfielder and I think the Board informed Mou that he could only make signings subject to sales. Balancing the books and all that crap.

Now that we've made the start we have, Mou's forced their hand and they've finally responded. But you're definitely right, this late on when all the big movers have already done exactly that, we're either going to overpay or compromise on the quality we should be adding.

For a starter, I would target CM ahead of CB. Ramires at RW is a no go either.

For CB, we have Terry/Cahill and Zouma. I hardly doubt Zouma and Stones will play at same time this soon, so Zouma would do for now. Main problem is that Cesc and Matic dont give any proper cover to defense. Matic covers for Cesc and we get exposed real quick. Add a good allround midfielder (Vidal would be top, but oh well) and we establish strong midfield that will certainly cover the defense better.

And if we realy realy want homegrown, we should simply go for Sterling or Clyne then. Maybe Barkley/Prowse next summer. As for any CB, there are Laporte and Gimenez who I believe would be expensive, but we could at least try for 30m.

I believe if you have a good defensive system, you dont need absolutely world class CBs, but a good balanced backbone of good players. You dont need to spend 40m on CB. We won CL with fucking Mikel at CB. Im sure there are CBs that would do the job here for less than 40m. If we intend to spend 40m+ on single player, I think it would be better to do it on attacker, RW or even CM. Those make the real difference in key games and we have no game changers, so maybe we should target one first before we go all out on Stones.

I mean it would make sense if our team was already complete, but its far from it. We cant afford 40m CB without solving other things, with fact that Stones wont even make imediate impact anyway. He never even played in CL after all.

Not to mention, everyone is saying like Stones is guaranteed to become world class and stay here for 10 years. What if he doesnt?

You act as if Chelsea can only buy one player. Terry is aging and if Jose wants to change the defensive system he'll need faster defenders. Stones will fix that. A cm would be nice, but the club don't seem to be looking at any. There isn't many available atm either. Stones will be a good buy because it's a reasonable price in today's market for a young cb with world class potential. Gimenez would cost a buttload.

You act as if Chelsea can only buy one player. Terry is aging and if Jose wants to change the defensive system he'll need faster defenders. Stones will fix that. A cm would be nice, but the club don't seem to be looking at any. There isn't many available atm either. Stones will be a good buy because it's a reasonable price in today's market for a young cb with world class potential. Gimenez would cost a buttload.

I dont act as if chelsea can buy only one player. Chelsea is acting as if they can only buy one player.

All that crap about ffp and stadium and balanced books.

Im sure we have money but Im not sure we are willing to pay. Its quite visible in market. We droped from Sterling chase, we dont even try Pogba etc

For example there was one player in Vidal that we should be all over. But not even a rumour.

Besides I seriously dont know if people are serious or not. We sign Stones and he will massively improve our defense, perform well in CL etc? Im not even sure Mou will pick him for those key games.

Even Gimenez or Laporte who I rate higher and are more experienced would need some time to adopt here.

Anyway I hope you are right about Stones. I think its too much, but we will see...

The money you pay for one player versus three or four is irrelevant. You have x amount to spend on what you need in the transfer window and if you get that for 30-something million in today's market then that's job done. Whether you think Stones is worth the money on his own is neither here nor there, it's about getting what you need when you need it, much like City did with Sterling.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You