John Stones

Sidzeret

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/jose-mourinho-confirms-chelsea-are-trying-to-buy-john-stones-as-blues-plot-26m-second-bid-for-everton-star-10398872.html?guoygukygkuyf

When asked if he felt Stones could learn a lot from playing with the experienced Terry, he replied: “Or alongside (Gary) Cahill, or alongside (Kurt) Zouma” and said his experienced players could teach the centre half, who joined Everton from Barnsley for £3m in 2013, a lot.

While making it clear he doesn't expect next season to be Terry's last in a Chelsea shirt, Mourinho admits the club's interest in Stones is due to the fact they have to start planning for life without the veteran.

Terry enjoyed one of his best-ever seasons last term, but turns 35 in December.

Mourinho added: "We have three (central defenders). We have two who are more than thirty years old (Terry 34 and Cahill - turns 30 in December). We would like to have two who are less than 25 (including Zouma), which would give us the next ten years.

"I think ten years ago or five years ago every Chelsea supporter would say: ‘I can’t see Chelsea winning a title without Frank Lampard’, but we did it. No-one is irreplaceable. Difficult to replace? Yes.

"One day when he (Terry) stops we have created already a situation for John to be replaced."

Jose will have plans for him then, either at right back, replacing Cahill at CB or loaning him to everton again.

I don't think so. I could believe in this option if the player worth 10M or something, but when you invest 30M for a player, is because you have plans with him.
I think that who would be loaned, is Kurt.

I don't think so. I could believe in this option if the player worth 10M or something, but when you invest 30M for a player, is because you have plans with him.

I think that who would be loaned, is Kurt.

That's what I fear will happen, unless jose has plans for him in midfield.

For that declarations, It's clear that Mou sees Stones like a replacement to Terry for the future, surely recommended by the own Terry. In this case, I think that Mou will do everything to sign him.....

.... and I hope that Stones does his part too.

Who did?

Quite a few people after some good displays. I'm not sure why Mou keeps Cahill in the starting XI, as he's gone downhill IMO. Terry and Zouma should be the starting pairing amongst what we currently have.

Cahill as of now is comfortably better than Zouma & this is someone who doesn't rate Cahill that highly at all. Zouma needs to sort out his passing & positioning first. I'd personally loan him out if we get Stones in.

Cahill will have sleepless nights if we sign Stones, he'll keep his place if Zouma is the only challenger.

Cahill as of now is comfortably better than Zouma & this is someone who doesn't rate Cahill that highly at all. Zouma needs to sort out his passing & positioning first. I'd personally loan him out if we get Stones in.

Cahill will have sleepless nights if we sign Stones, he'll keep his place if Zouma is the only challenger.

Zouma being bad at passing is baseless. Just because he Is arge , many people here have actually said they were surprised, at his passing.

And Cahill should sort out his positioning too ,and he is 29

Will be interesting to see if Everton listen to Jose words "if they tell us he isnt for sale at any price at all, game over, we walk away" yet to do this....

Which the theorists among us can take 2 ways. a) They would sell him and know what price they want

or B) they have done but Mourinho is yet to be informed

A lot of people. Practically everyone when Cahill was benched for a few games for Zouma in the winter.

Zouma was very promising with his appearances but by no means the Varane mark 2 some tried to claim.

Zouma was very promising with his appearances but by no means the Varane mark 2 some tried to claim.

Agreed. He has potential but still very raw. Stones as of now is far ahead in his developmental curve. As I've already said in this thread, he should be loaned out if Stones signs. A season as an undisputed starter in the Premier League should do him the world of good. Stones & Zouma 2/3 years down the line could potentially be as good as Carvalho & Terry years back.

I think he would have been loaned already. Everyone on tour bar moses is certain to stay imo. And mourinho said today that he wants 2 young centre backs in the squad.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You