John Stones

Sidzeret

There are a real shortage of quality CB's in world football right now. I think its VERY wise for Chelsea to hoard as many as the young ones as possible... Especially the young englishmen. Kalas is looking like he's not in the upper echelon for defenders and will likely move on next year, he hasn't even nailed down a spot for a Championship side let alone the Premier league champs...

BTW buying Stones doesn't mean we won't address other perceived holes in the squad.

30 million for Stones is a ridiculous amount of money to spend. You might well be right about Kalas, but Stones playing well for Everton who struggled most of last season and playing for us and playing in the Champions League is a massive step up and i personally don't think it's worth the risk especially if we have to pay an extortionate fee.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 million for Stones is a ridiculous amount of money to spend. You might well be right about Kalas, but Stones playing well for Everton who struggled most of last season and playing for us and playing in the Champions League is a massive step up and i personally don't think it's worth the risk especially if we have to pay an extortionate fee.

30m is a hell of a lot of money for sure but as I've been screaming to whoever will listen the past few weeks, market dictates price. There is a real shortage of CB's who classify as quality, Stones is young but if he reaches his potential he'll be one of the best CB's in the Prem and he's English... Its a risk but not one I'm uncomfortable with at this point.

But Ferdinand had far more experience (didn't he also play CL football for Leeds?) and was a starter for England. Why is £30 mil Stones not a starter for England? His competition doesn't even compare to the one Ferdinand faced. A real question btw.

Personally, I think the club should look for someone to take over for Terry. As in within a year, possibly two. Gary is not the man to guide Stones or Zouma and be that world-class defensive rock for Chelsea for me.

I think he had a couple of years and a CL campaign on Stones, also inflation has to be considered aswell, not to mention the need for a HG core at the club.

Hopefully we can negotiate the price at around £20-25m but if we have to pay the extra few then so be it.

Stones would be a great addition to the squad. Varane seems impossible, but Stones and Zouma could be one hell of a partnership.
His price tag is huge, but with only 21 years of age he has years to come and he is English. That doesn't beat down the price either.^^
He has proven himself in the League and brings everything to table to become a world class center back.
Get it done!

I have to admit that I haven't seen enough of this guy to make a judgement. So, forgetting the price, do you think that he is enough for be a improvement to our defense and be headline?.

I have to admit that I haven't seen enough of this guy to make a judgement. So, forgetting the price, do you think that he is enough for be a improvement to our defense and be headline?.

He plays a lot with the ball, is pretty speedy, not that much, but still. and has a lot of leadership in him. When Everton were...well...pathetic in defense, their fans cried for John Stones to be played. He made a great partnership with Jagielka and was really bossing the back with his intelligence and awareness. He has an eye on when to tackle and when to make run. He's said it himself he wants to be a mixture of Terry in terms of leadership and quality, and Ferdinand in terms of determination and hustle. Imagine him, RLC and Solanke in our first team eleven. I'd melt.

There is absolutely no way our budget is restricted to just the Yokohama money + what is made for player sales.

City's punishment for breaking the rules last summer was their spending "restricted" to £50m, I highly doubt we have less of a budget.

Lawyer on twitter, forgotten name, really into his FFP stuff worked out we could spend £140m and pass FFP. Our budget is large, we just dont go shouting about it like Utd and City or you end up getting ripped off

The biggest stumbling block in our pursuit is the fact that Everton have absolutely no reason to sell. That's true, unfortunately. They aren't a cash strapped relegation candidate or in huge debt and have to sell if any big offer comes in.

Apparently Everton are looking to ADD to their thin back line so selling their best CB would be a huge setback.

Doesn't look like we'll be able to get him no matter what we offer. Unless he has his head turned and kicks up a fuss, and in that case it'll just piss Everton off and they'll demand Sterling money. With the new TV money coming into play the smaller teams don't need money as much and don't have to bend to the will of the big boys any longer.

Offering one of our best youngsters in addition to the transfer price sounds like something we should try. Otherwise this is futile in my opinion.

The biggest stumbling block in our pursuit is the fact that Everton have absolutely no reason to sell. That's true, unfortunately. They aren't a cash strapped relegation candidate or in huge debt and have to sell if any big offer comes in.

Apparently Everton are looking to ADD to their thin back line so selling their best CB would be a huge setback.

Doesn't look like we'll be able to get him no matter what we offer. Unless he has his head turned and kicks up a fuss, and in that case it'll just piss Everton off and they'll demand Sterling money. With the new TV money coming into play the smaller teams don't need money as much and don't have to bend to the will of the big boys any longer.

Offering one of our best youngsters in addition to the transfer price sounds like something we should try. Otherwise this is futile in my opinion.

This may sound controversial but I wouldn't be partial to see Zouma spend a year or two on loan to an Everton, Valencia level club of we get Stones.

He is still pretty raw and I reckon he could do a Tibo.

This may sound controversial but I wouldn't be partial to see Zouma spend a year or two on loan to an Everton, Valencia level club of we get Stones.

If you're shipped off after dominant displays against pool and city , there is no hope for anyone. He is easily ready to be playing for us. If anyone should be marginalised in the event of a stones signing its cahill.

Very interesting view point. I definitely understand it, but I also can see the other side too. I personally think Zouma should be starting over Cahill anyways.

The question that I would like to know is if we do get Stones, what ends up happening with him and Zouma. Would we be willing in a couple of years when Terry really declines to start both Stones and Zouma? Is that too young and inexperienced to start together? I think in those two years that both would be good enough individually to start for us.

I don't see either being happy sitting on the bench all the time. I rate them both extremely high.

Very interesting view point. I definitely understand it, but I also can see the other side too. I personally think Zouma should be starting over Cahill anyways.

The question that I would like to know is if we do get Stones, what ends up happening with him and Zouma. Would we be willing in a couple of years when Terry really declines to start both Stones and Zouma? Is that too young and inexperienced to start together? I think in those two years that both would be good enough individually to start for us.

I don't see either being happy sitting on the bench all the time. I rate them both extremely high.

Stones can play rb too , although you wouldn't want ,to turn him into a Phil jones

Never watch Everton and when we play them I'm usually watching through beer specks so I can't really comment on the boy. Seems to get a very good name tho. We'll see what happens I suppose but as others have said, 30 mill looks a big amount BUT if he's here for 10 odd years, not so much PLUS another English lad which is always good

This. They have no need to sell to us; doesn't look like Stones is pushing for a move. Futile pursuit IMO I'm afraid.

That's the thing, we need to try and keep them both sweet for 2/3 years then we got a potential beastly partnership on our hands

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You