John Stones

Sidzeret

With lack of english players, I would consider Clyne, Stones, Sterling, Ox if possible, or maybe even Barkley to be our NECCESARY buy(s) in next two windows. Good enough or not, cheap or not, required or not, we will need to buy english players. And I hope we wont settle for some realy shit players who will be here just to do numbers. I dont see why not Stones if he will be anything below 25m.

All this talk about Varane, yes he is Mou kid, he played in CL final and had superb last season with Mou, but there are other young CBs who are doing well to. Gimenez and Laporte certainly had better season than Varane last year. Stones is quite good too, but no where near either of three yet. However he is english and I hope we sign some english players. At least one good enough to play in first 11 (Clyne I guess).

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everton will demand Lukaku money in return for him. But seeing that Garbutt emerged as another young defender they can be eager to sell him.

When I read that he is ball-playing defender I can't believe. Is he really that good with the ball ? I've seen a lot of matches with Stones and he never struck me as a particularly great with his feet. Decent but nothing more.

Stones (and Barclay) are two young English talents who impress me but we already have good young talent in their positions who given a chance will impress too.i wouldn`t mind if we got him atall but...

we would have to pay a lot to get Stones..the kind of money an established European star would demand. if we sign another defender he is not gonna be replacing anyone from last season apart from if Luis leaves so we are not in a need to strengthen a position that has been weakened.we are just adding strength to depth. something just keeping Kalas or Omeruo would do and save us a lot of money to strengthen elsewhere.

We do need a overhall of our back 4. He may not be the worse in the world by Bane/Cahill have not been their best this season.

Cahill has looked weak,thin,pale (very similar to how Schurrle looked) and for alot of times specially without JT hes been nervous and jumpy every time the ball is in the box.

Bane I like seeing go forward but I think he forgets hes a defender at times. He stays upfield and because hes not the quickest he gets lost and not get back fast enough.

JT will more than likely be his last year. Hes been an excellent captain but he will want to leave before he got like Drogs.

Filipe will be going so lets hope a part ex is on with Griezmann.

Dave is fine. Luckily plays LB/RB so we need one or the other.

What my dream is to team Zouma/Varane but will be hard I know. But would be good to sort out our defence now so they can grow together,

We do need homegrowns (unfortunately) so defence is an option.

But theres alot of good CBs linked with us, the question is do we go with 20/30 year olds who may have experience but we will have to replace soon and lose money doing so or go with a more youthful ones that can all stay together longer as a team.

He isn't far off Cahill already. Many would prefer him to start for England over him.

Well those many who would prefer him are obviously daft. Seeing as how Stones has featured more as a right back for England than a center back when guys like Jagielka and Jones play much more regularly in that position than him... also have you considered Cahill is the best English CB that is picked for England.... Stones isn't even better than Chris Smalling who is another one who has he has improved significantly under van Gaal this year.

We have Christensen and Zouma, more potential than Stones.

Have you ever seen Stones playing? He is on the same level as Zouma is. CBs duo in shape of them both looks very bright in future.

Have you ever seen Stones playing? He is on the same level as Zouma is. CBs duo in shape of them both looks very bright in future.

Nope nope nope nope nope

There must be experience and leadership within CB's, it's the reason that when Terry retires in the next 1-3 seasons Ivanovic-Cahill/Zouma will be more likely than Zouma-Cahill as Cahill only plays well next to a Cb who tells him what to do, which is why he under performs for England and when Terry is rested.

Stones-Zouma would make too many mistakes.

Nope nope nope nope nope

There must be experience and leadership within CB's, it's the reason that when Terry retires in the next 1-3 seasons Ivanovic-Cahill/Zouma will be more likely than Zouma-Cahill as Cahill only plays well next to a Cb who tells him what to do, which is why he under performs for England and when Terry is rested.

But but there are so many on here who think Zouma-Varane would work...

Varane might be more experienced than Stones, but he is still 22 and even playing for Real or in cl final wont be equal of having years and years experience, not to mention stronger mentality.

Imo it will be either Zouma/Varane/Stones plus experienced CB and then in few years, maybe we will see two of these three play together.

I mean not now but in future. I know that such a young pair in centre defence won't work at all. But if we sign him now and send on loan for 2 seasons to team in BPL and let him become experienced player.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You