John Stones

Sidzeret

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the hate around Cahill, clearly people forgot how good Cahill has been for us. Cahill had poor form in December- January part where Zouma replaced him and did a great job but then Cahill's form hit back and Zouma wasn't able to replace him, he is just that good. You guys are hating Cahill just because he

is not allowing Zouma to get into our side and not because of his form

Me either, he had a comparable season to Willian. Both played their role in our success this season.

Really similar if you consider both played their best football in the second half of the season, and the majority of our fanbase were down on those two players in the first half of the season. By most they were considered our weak links.

I honestly rate them the same amount. Good players, not great though and not ideal first names teamers.

30m is ridiculous. we laughed at PSG paying 40m for Luiz, who was a Brazil International, Champions League winner, and a big part of our team already, both as a CDM and as CB.

This is a joke.

We laughed at PSG because despite Luiz winning trophies, everyone in world football knew he couldn't defend for shit. It was as plain as day they got fleeced...

30m for Stones is a lot of money but its not exactly a joke by today's standards.

I understand why everyone likes the player. I like him too but I don't think the defenders market has inflated to the point where 30m for Stones is a good deal.

It is a slight overpayment but Everton doesn't have to sell him. We have to make them a compelling offer. In the end the money doesn't really matter to us anyway, its about getting the right player. If you can see why everyone likes him then you can also see why no one is all that fussed over a slight overpayment.

Everton could be a good team to give on loan a young player from our academy or one of the players we have on loan across Europe. An English team and that player could play more than 30 games in Premier League. Maybe that can reduce the price a bit.

Another good news is that it seems Stones wants to join to us. If the reports are true, we are offering 26 million pounds because we've talked with Stones and Jose has convinced him. We would have the halfway done.

Regards.

I disagree. They're about developing their own players.

IF I were John Stones I would run far far away, Chelsea is the last place you want to be if you are a young player, rather be bought in 3 years time when his fully established than now when his all potential. For his own career's sake he should say no Chelsea

How many can you can name with that criteria that you'd want at Chelsea that would cost us £10-15m or less?

Milner, Ings, Trippier, Delph have all had moves this summer for reasonable prices but I don't think any of them would get any real time here.

I didn't say this year. We have no issues meeting the home grown quota this year.

I'm talking about phasing it out. As in, when Terry leaves, bring in proper Euorpean CB and then a squad player to take the HG spot. Do this whenever a world class HG leaves.

Paying for 20 year old English players is bad business. Arsenal payed more for Calum Chambers than we did for Luis. That's just insane.

We laughed at PSG because despite Luiz winning trophies, everyone in world football knew he couldn't defend for shit. It was as plain as day they got fleeced...

30m for Stones is a lot of money but its not exactly a joke by today's standards.

on his day David Luiz is top 5 best defender in the world, he is fast, uses both feet, ball player, proactive, a leader, an assister, can play in the midfield too. So if I were PSG I would not really say I have overpayed rather I can turn his potential and experience into a world class player in the right system

The best thing for Kalas would have been a loan move to a more competitive league (e.g. Germany)

Doing well in the Dutch league doesn't mean anything if you're a defender.

Going to a more competitive league and you gave Bayernliga as an example

on his day David Luiz is top 5 best defender in the world, he is fast, uses both feet, ball player, proactive, a leader, an assister, can play in the midfield too. So if I were PSG I would not really say I have overpayed rather I can turn his potential and experience into a world class player in the right system

Ya and his day is Feb 29th.

If we look at the market and watched the rest of TOP centre-back, like Varane, Otamendi, Godin, Alderweireld, Sergio Ramos, Thiago Silva ... the price of them would be roughly between 35 and 45 million pounds (or even something more). And there are no better options on the market.

An amount of money 25/30 million would be a good deal to sign Stones. A young boy (21 years), English, adapted perfectly to the rhythm of Premier League and with capabilities to be one of the best centre-back in the next decade.

Watching the market, and realistically, John Stones is one of the best options in terms of quality / price / expectations.

Regards.

we didn't lose to PSG because of anything to do with Cahill. We lost to PSG because we couldn't retain possession, were afraid to attack and lose our away goal advantage. It's on Jose.

Maybe zouma wouldn't mark his own player at a corner

I disagree. They're about developing their own players.

Hi friend!

Yes, but for example, they accepted Deulofeu on loan from Barcelona. Surely they would accept Traore (to give an example)

Although it is only a possibility / hypothesis.

Regards.

I don't understand the hate around Cahill, clearly people forgot how good Cahill has been for us. Cahill had poor form in December- January part where Zouma replaced him and did a great job but then Cahill's form hit back and Zouma wasn't able to replace him, he is just that good. You guys are hating Cahill just because he

is not allowing Zouma to get into our side and not because of his form

Wrong, our back four have no pace, the lack of pace in defence holds the team back. Cahill and Terry both lack pace, having two slow, old CB's is stupid.

Maybe zouma wouldn't mark his own player at a corner

Maybe Zouma wouldn't have made a backheel assist for Ivanovic's goal, or for that matter, actually score a goal.

of all the people to single out, you are going to pick on a player that was involved in 2 of our 3 goals in that tie? wow. How about blaming Jose for starting Ramires at home? and then taking off Oscar when he got a yellow instead of leaving him out there because without Oscar we can't keep possession, a fact known to everyone.

Cahill hate is just silly now. He has one dip on form and people want him gone. He recovers from that dip in form and performs well to end the season and still the hate.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You