John Stones

Sidzeret

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we buy him, I hope to god that Mourinho will actually put him into the team. Having him alongside Terry will be valuable to a player already showing remarkable ability. If he's bought just to be benched then this a horrible idea for both club and player alike!

I'm positive we'll get him , Everton could turn 30m into 3 or 4 good defenders / players (for their standards)

You are fine with paying 30m for a 20 year old?

Azpi: 7m

Cahill: 7m

Ivanovic: 9.7m

Zouma: 12m

Luis: 15m

That's what a a proper defender goes for.

United just signed Darmian for 12.7m.

English teams sell young players at a ridiculous price.

I'd buy young European prospects at the 10-20m price range, and buy established English players for homegrown quota after they've had their 15m fee for potential future ability tax taken off.

30m is ridiculous. we laughed at PSG paying 40m for Luiz, who was a Brazil International, Champions League winner, and a big part of our team already, both as a CDM and as CB.

This is a joke.

I don't understand the hate around Cahill, clearly people forgot how good Cahill has been for us. Cahill had poor form in December- January part where Zouma replaced him and did a great job but then Cahill's form hit back and Zouma wasn't able to replace him, he is just that good. You guys are hating Cahill just because he

is not allowing Zouma to get into our side and not because of his form

You are fine with paying 30m for a 20 year old?

Azpi: 7m

Cahill: 7m

Ivanovic: 9.7m

Zouma: 12m

Luis: 15m

That's what a a proper defender goes for.

United just signed Darmian for 12.7m.

English teams sell young players at a ridiculous price.

I'd buy young European prospects at the 10-20m price range, and buy established English players for homegrown quota after they've had their 15m fee for potential future ability tax taken off.

30m is ridiculous. we laughed at PSG paying 40m for Luiz, who was a Brazil International, Champions League winner, and a big part of our team already, both as a CDM and as CB.

This is a joke.

I'm fine with us buying , what I believe to be a great defender , who will grace our team for a decade.

It's not like we have other big deals lined up , and we can recoup the money easily with our vast resources.

Not like city who signed lescott for 25.

The other best young cbs , laporte , giminez , varane would all cost more anyway.

I'd rather not settle for a lesser player like rudiger.

I'm positive we'll get him , Everton could turn 30m into 3 or 4 good defenders / players (for their standards)

Even Chelsea can. And have done so. Look at the current back four. They don't cost 30m put together

I don't understand the hate around Cahill, clearly people forgot how good Cahill has been for us. Cahill had poor form in December- January part where Zouma replaced him and did a great job but then Cahill's form hit back and Zouma wasn't able to replace him, he is just that good. You guys are hating Cahill just because he

is not allowing Zouma to get into our side and not because of his form

No , cahill came bumbling back into the squad , uncalled for , his form improved but still was nowhere near as impressive as zouma was. No one wanted cahill reinstated for psg , but he was , and we lost , not blaming him, but the team would have been more positive with zouma , who isn't terrified of anyone with above average pace.

Even Chelsea can. And have done so. Look at the current back four. They don't cost 30m put together

But sooner or later , we have to stop dodging the English players

I'm not so sure I believe that but you're more than entitled to that opinion

I understand why everyone likes the player. I like him too but I don't think the defenders market has inflated to the point where 30m for Stones is a good deal.

I'm fine with us buying , what I believe to be a great defender , who will grace our team for a decade.

It's not like we have other big deals lined up , and we can recoup the money easily with our vast resources.

Not like city who signed lescott for 25.

The other best young cbs , laporte , giminez , varane would all cost more anyway.

I'd rather not settle for a lesser player like rudiger.

Why must we only buy the top rated prospects? Was Azpi a top rated prospect?

This idea that only the best 20 year olds will make the best 26-32 year olds is silly, as the world of football is littered with mediocre 26 year olds that were once the future stars at 20 years of age.

At 20, did you think Matic would be the best DM in the world? Nope.

You don't always have to pay exorbitant amounts for players in hopes of them turning out great. All it takes is smart scouting. Just look at Juve.

I'm just hope we won't pay 30m, or anything over 20m, which is already too much given the price of Zouma.

But sooner or later , we have to stop dodging the English players

we can keep dodging 20 year old English players. Buy 26-30 year old English players and keep them for 3-4 years and then replace them with more 26-30 year olds that have lost the hype and shine they had at 20. Move out Mikel, Ramires, Falcao, and Cuadrado, and fill those squad places with good English players.

No , cahill came bumbling back into the squad , uncalled for , his form improved but still was nowhere near as impressive as zouma was. No one wanted cahill reinstated for psg , but he was , and we lost , not blaming him, but the team would have been more positive with zouma , who isn't terrified of anyone with above average pace.

we didn't lose to PSG because of anything to do with Cahill. We lost to PSG because we couldn't retain possession, were afraid to attack and lose our away goal advantage. It's on Jose.

Everton could be a good team to give on loan a young player from our academy or one of the players we have on loan across Europe. An English team and that player could play more than 30 games in Premier League. Maybe that can reduce the price a bit.

Another good news is that it seems Stones wants to join to us. If the reports are true, we are offering 26 million pounds because we've talked with Stones and Jose has convinced him. We would have the halfway done.

Regards.

we can keep dodging 20 year old English players. Buy 26-30 year old English players and keep them for 3-4 years and then replace them with more 26-30 year olds that have lost the hype and shine they had at 20. Move out Mikel, Ramires, Falcao, and Cuadrado, and fill those squad places with good English players.

How many can you can name with that criteria that you'd want at Chelsea that would cost us £10-15m or less?

Milner, Ings, Trippier, Delph have all had moves this summer for reasonable prices but I don't think any of them would get any real time here.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You