Galatasaray 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

You know if we lost and put a brave performance, I would like it more than what I saw tonight in second half. Its not always about the results. Its about enjoying watching team you support and if you enjoyed what you saw tonight? Well so be it. But I wasnt happy with the performance. It wasnt Barca we were playing against. It wasnt that we couldnt play better. It was tactical decision to go defensive, hoof the ball and waste time. That is not what I expect from Chelsea. We could destroyed them, but Mou told Hazard and others to play like defenders. Its not what they are and our potential is much bigger than what we showed tonight. Its not that we dont have players who couldnt play attractive. We have them but we still played like a 3rd tier scottish team with no fucking football skill. If you enjoy that, cheers but many dont and that is not reason why should any go support other team.

Mourinho played Gala last year and lost 3:2. Ancelotti played them this year and won 6:1. See the point? Nearly same squad and different result. I am surprised how long will Hazard like to play this defensive tactics, when we could defeat them big time.

SORRY but this competition is ALL about getting results .. An away SCORE

draw is an EXCELLENT result Fuck the quality feel the width

LOL, what do people expect? Do you all think we will play amazing football and win all our games??

Give us a fucking break and just accept that 1-1 puts Chelsea in a very good position to qualfy at home!

I prefer to read the delusional Galatasaray fans trolling than to read you lot moaning...

How many games this season have we played even decent football? Not many. It doesn't have to be amazing, but what we saw tonight was fucking cowardly. Where is the "evolution" in this team. What was the difference between that second half and the CL final against Bayern? Nothing much. And no neutral remembers that Chelsea side too fondly because of the turgid bullshit we played. If you ask me for my favourite game in the CL that season, I will go with Napoli at home, because we played with balls. We are basically an expensively assembled team that can string two passes together. Why? Why was Cech hoofing so many balls forward, even though we kept on losing aerial duels?

This is a CL match. A match that the whole world watches (players of other teams, fans of other teams, football journalists, Roman, Roman's football loving friends, celebrity chelsea fans etc). We've parked the bus again, but we've packed it with Hazard, Willian, Schurrle and Torres. The so-called counter attack hardly ever worked in the second half and we had no plan B.

If you think this sort of games are only about results, then you're wrong. This is not some random PL game. A lot of football people watched this match and we were shit, again.

Can't be disappointed at all. Wasteful, yes, but we probably played at 50% capacity today, which is just enough to get the job done. Would have been happy with that ahead of the game. A clean sheet and we're through - a lovely equation compared to the last time we played in the UCL round of 16. We should win, and win handsomely, in the return leg.

Willian is the problem to be honest, he offers a lot defensively but he is just non-existent in attack, teams have figured this out and are marking Hazard out atleast Mata would punish them if that was the case

I know Salah is cup tied, but for me he should be given the chance on Saturday to make the role his.

"Proper football" is the biggest load of self-righteous bullshit I have ever heard. The aim of the game is to put the ball in the net and prevent the opposition from doing just that with out breaking any rules. The team that puts the ball in the net more than the other wins, which is the main objective of sport competition.

The suggestion that the game should be played in a certain manner is just a load crap for losers to claim a moral victory that does not exist.

This is the aim of the game for the players. The aim of the game for the fans is to watch something that will enjoy them (not always of course). Winning is a great feeling but it is not everything in life, at least for me.

This is the aim of the game for the players. The aim of the game for the fans is to watch something that will enjoy them (not always of course). Winning is a great feeling but it is not everything in life, at least for me.

No, the aim of the fans is to get behind their team, support them, and push them into winning. You don't support a team when they entertain you and then stop when they don't. When you support a team, you become part of it and its success becomes your success and similarly its pain, yours.