Galatasaray 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

I think he has every right to be angry with the performance. It was really poor and we've lived up to the stereotype of a team that play, boring, negative, defensive, turgid football. And with Hazard, Schurrle, Torres, Willian feeding off scraps for 90 mins? Pathetic. Fuck the 1-1 result. That was disgraceful "football".

Give me the Chelsea of Zola, Di Matteo, Poyet, anyday over this bullshit I just watched.

Whether you like it or not, football is about results and we got a good one tonight. So naturally, as a Chelsea supporter, I'm happy my team have an advantage in the tie.

We need Oscar to start most of our games. We need someone who can play the killer pass to our CF's, instead of always going for goal themselves. Mata filled that void last season, but Oscar has to do it now.

Agreed, but Oscar wasn't 100% fit.

I thought chelsea was a good team, i thought wrong. chelsea is the weakest team of the last 16.Mourinho is a coward and his pussy team parked a bus in their goalpost. In the second leg we should have no problem to beat those pussies and qualify last 8

goodnight ..

Give it a fucking rest. We could've gone with Mikel in the middle but we didn't. We could've gone with 3 in the midfield and killed it but we played an attacking team.

I'm sorry you weren't entertained but these away games are about getting a result so you're still in the tie come the second leg. The fact is we have the advantage going back to the Bridge and I'm sure we'll play a much more attacking game there.

And I could give a fuck if some journalists are going to give us a bad write-up tomorrow because the same cunts were going on about how great Arsenal were a couple of weeks ago and look how that turned out.

We don't have to be entertaining and there is no problem in playing for a result in an away tie but why can't we do that by controlling possession even if it's not incisive. Why can't we do it where we at least look like we are a good team. We got a result today but it was get bodies back, win the ball and hoof the ball forward. You've got Torres, Hazard, Willian, Schurrle running more miles than they've made passes, that's pathetic.

0,,10268~10085159,00.jpg

69% Passing accuracy.

Dont put all bullshit to Ramires. Team pass acc. was 73%. 73! What kind of joke of players is that? We spend every year just to watch this boring play or what...and its not just players but also Mou. His tactics are disgrace sometimes.

Who won much less than this team. Yay we beat United 5-0....who won the title? Yay we beat Galatasaray 5-0....and then Barca thumped us 5-1.

That was also the Chelsea of Chris Sutton and Jes Hogh.

But at least we played proper football with an inferior team. The football for most of the season has been shit and forgettable. The only fun part is that we are winning. But if we win no silverware this season, it will be a failure. Mourinho speaks of evolution in style of play, nothing so far. It's not just my opinion, Roman must feel the same way too. You don't invest an insane amount of money to watch THAT football. Why do you think Roman bought the club? To win AND to play good football.

The second part has been missing all season. And this is not a go at Jose, because I love the guy, but I just call it as I see it. We shouldn't just accept that display. 1-1 is nothing special away to this Gala side. Madrid destroyed them in their home, and they were lucky to beat Juve on a mud pitch.

Can any Chelsea fan seriously say he's happy with that game? If we lost 2-1 and we had a proper go, played proper football and kept the ball on the freaking ground, I would have been happier. And I say that sincerely. Mourinho keeps talking about "proactive" football but I only see "reactive" football. There is no evolution in the team's style of play. Maybe Mourinho just doesn't know how to make his sides play good football. Food for thought

biggums.png

C'mon old sport.

Well, result is good. not best, but it'll do. But I don't get it how is everyone ok with the performance, i don't even know where to start!

I'm never mad at the players but, holy shit, how is mikel still here? Absolutely zero impact, not even one good pass, why do we keep playing same players that don't perform? Even 50% boys from U21team would perform better than him.

I'm really sorry that i'm criticising our players(which is not what i used to do) but it's shocking how some of them doesn't give a fuck about anything! Maybe i'm just overreacting but when i keep seeing same basic mistakes over and over, it really pisses me off.

Feel like Cech needs some rivalry, hope Courtois will be here next season.

Torres scored, but besides that..... as expected

Willian was good at first half but at the second he made some really strange runs, also hazard needs some rest, he's magic but today he was clueless...

Schurrle was really trying but i don't know, last months he's not even close to his form from start of the season...

Our defense was okay, maybe some mistakes by terry, but he saved our asses that much times, i'm not blaming him, everyone can have an off day... Iva was okay

Ramires/Lampard: Well, really don't know what happened to ramires but that guy is not what he used to be(obviously) With all respect to Lamps i'm just gonna say that it was average permormance, not really sure if he's able to be here another year, maybe if we manage to get some other options, he can be back-up...

Gala was really shit 1st half, we should've killed game even before 2nd half, also Mancini is one clueless manager, we made his team looking far better than they actually are...

In the end, good result i guess, little frustrating performance, looking forward to next game, we have a lot of things to improve...

Something is wrong somewhere. We've played to many poor games this season. Is Mourinho incapable of putting out a side that plays good football? I know the CM pairing of Ramires and Lampard is not ideal at all, but the team was clearly set-up to play defensive football. What's the point of having flair players if we can't use them properly at the highest level?

Remember Schalke away (we won, but they out-passed us senseless. we won purely through individual brilliance) Basel away? Man City away? As soon as a team pressures our midfield, we collapse. Mourinho has to be more flexible than this. Remember, this was the reason why Roman's first choice was Guardiola, a manager whose teams play proper football..

Can any Chelsea fan seriously say he's happy with that game? If we lost 2-1 and we had a proper go, played proper football and kept the ball on the freaking ground, I would have been happier. And I say that sincerely. Mourinho keeps talking about "proactive" football but I only see "reactive" football. There is no evolution in the team's style of play. Maybe Mourinho just doesn't know how to make his sides play good football. Food for thought

You make some good posts but you can't be serious about Guardiola.

Mourinho should always be number one, give him another season he can do it. Guardiola would crumble in this league, a league where it's real competition not where he is in a league where he has all the best players and can do what he wants. Look at how he left Barcelona, he left because it was so much hard work, jesus christ look at the amount of pressure the likes of Ferguson and Wenger have been under in the past. Ferguson has had half of his squad injured but still managed to just win the league. Guardiola had one bad season and quit. I really hope we never get that man here, he lives in a dream world and has never had true competition. I don't think he's a bad manager I just then he's unproven. He did a fantastic job at Barcelona it wasn't as easy as some say, but it's still unproven, he hasn't went through the likes of what Mourinho, Wenger and Ferguson have went through.

What is your problem? If you read my comment again, I said that I didn´t like our performance tonight. And that is why I´m not satisified. Who are you to tell me to support anything else? Really? Mature..

you sound just a typical glory boy .. tell me why do you "support " Chelsea

I'm sure we'll be in the next phase, so much working against us tonight. To be fair to the Galatasary trolls the atmosphere was very unlike the one our players are used to and the ref was afraid to get stabbed after the game.