Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

Also he has contributed to some of our trophy's won, remember 06/07 when he saved us from going out of the FA Cup at home to Spurs, likewise in 2009 at home to Southend? he saved us elimation and we went on to win the tournaments.

His early brace against Stoke in that crucial match for the title, had he not scored them 2 there was every chance we would not have broke Stoke down which would have meant goodbye title.

Any player in and around the first team of a club for five years should make some contributions and impacts. I think the problem is there have not been enough.

I don't think Kalou would ever be good enough as a regular starter, but if he was more consistent he would be a good squad player. Unfortunately inconsistency is one of his biggest weaknesses!

God Tomo this is getting old.

So's the constant bashing, not even Bogarde got this much shit.

Goals are still goals, you dont get one extra goal for every 10 yards you score from, for a subsitute "pure shite" player i'd say 9-11 goals a season is a pretty decent return.

So's the constant bashing, not even Bogarde got this much shit.

Goals are still goals, you dont get one extra goal for every 10 yards you score from, for a subsitute "pure shite" player i'd say 9-11 goals a season is a pretty decent return.

Good old resorting to stats, don't we just love that? Especially when the same people who'd rather dig up stats than trust their own eyes and football intelligence consistently ignore that the vast majority of those goals were tap-ins in games that were already killed off.

I'm not sure you even realize that the Stoke game that you mentioned was won by 7 (seven) goals and Kalou's supposedly vital hat-trick was a result of two tap-ins the much maligned Emile Heskey would have scored and a point-blank header.

Kalou is not the best of players i think even his most die hard fan would admit that and 95% of his Chelsea career if not more he has been awfully frustrating to watch but he has made impacts coming off the bench before, having said that he should never start a match (ever) and i do think January is the right time to let him go.

Also he has contributed to some of our trophy's won, remember 06/07 when he saved us from going out of the FA Cup at home to Spurs, likewise in 2009 at home to Southend? he saved us elimation and we went on to win the tournaments.

His early brace against Stoke in that crucial match for the title, had he not scored them 2 there was every chance we would not have broke Stoke down which would have meant goodbye title.

Die hard Kalou fans? :lol:

Even liking the fella is a bit extreme if you ask me.

I couldn't understand either how AVB put him in instead of Drogba.

Well, I don't know what he did in order to impress all these managers Krypt is talking about, but I know that last night he made everything in his power to make me wanna throw my TV out the window.

So, please, could we use him as a part of a deal in the winter?

This overblown situation would only have happened with Kalou and Torres. If it was anyone else we would have complained for 5 mins and forgotten it.

It is sad that many of us crucify our own players.

I truly didn't want to intervene in this thread, but here I have to.

I'll just give you an example. Do you know why everybody would have complained for 5 minutes and then would have forgotten it, if it was Lampard who would have given away this penalty ? The answer is simple. Because this player as achieved something with the club. Kalou steals £60m-per-week and has failed to score countless easy goals. That's the difference.

I have always tried to defend Kalou but last night was the last straw. What he did was utterly stupid and it shows lack of respect to the team to do something so stupid so late on. People point out the good things he has done like:

• Last minute header vs Watford in the FA Cup
  • Very good goal vs Birmingham last season
  • Tap in vs Spurs last season

apart from those 3 he pops up with the odd goal but we could have somebody else do that job as well as be twice the player he is. As people have pointed out he has not improved since coming here and has frustrated the hell out of people with his dreadful first touch, selfishness, pure stupidity (the number of times he has dribbled the ball off the pitch is beyond me) and often incredible misses. Does this bring back any memories?

I hate slating players which play for our club but he just does not cut it!