Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

My initial reaction after the handball incident was fuck off Kalou, which I think is only natural being 3 minutes away from the end of the match and bearing in mind we were 1-0 up at that point. It doesn't mean that I hate Kalou, and that I don't want him to play in a Chelsea shirt ever again, it's just an instant reaction, which I suspect a lot of people would have had at that precise time.

My initial reaction after the handball incident was fuck off Kalou, which I think is only natural being 3 minutes away from the end of the match and bearing in mind we were 1-0 up at that point. It doesn't mean that I hate Kalou, and that I don't want him to play in a Chelsea shirt ever again, it's just an instant reaction, which I suspect a lot of people would have had at that precise time.

it usually calms down the next day

I'm not sure I grasp the concept of a player deserving sympathy after being nothing but horseshit for over 5 years while earning MILLIONS, playing for one of the biggest football clubs in the world and enjoying all the perks of being a professional football player at the highest level.

If anything the fans deserve a break instead of him.

I don't mean in a poor guy as in not being rich, I mean the fact that people keep on at him just because they don't like him as a player and continually saying negative things about him.

Regular workers who are paid 1/1000 of Kalou's wages don't exactly get a pat on their back after doing their job shitty, especially when making this a habit. Sure this public attention will get to your head, but as a pro footballer you expect that, especially in England... Mind you, they do get hefty paychecks in compensation. At least he went on the pitch and didn't start bitching like a certain Argentine who refused to do his job for what he gets paid 285K/week, so props to Kalou for at least trying ;)

I truly didn't want to intervene in this thread, but here I have to.

I'll just give you an example. Do you know why everybody would have complained for 5 minutes and then would have forgotten it, if it was Lampard who would have given away this penalty ? The answer is simple. Because this player as achieved something with the club. Kalou steals £60m-per-week and has failed to score countless easy goals. That's the difference.

That is pretty much what I was trying to say, sorry if I wasn't clear enough. When I write I often infer things in my mind, and what I try to infer often gets "lost in translation".

You are comparing Kalou with Torres?, you do realize most Chelsea fans have backed Torres. He’s been playing exceedingly well as of late, and has proven his quality throughout his career. It's rival fans (Liverpool fans) and the media who attack Torres, not Chelsea fans. Kalou is a con-artist, who has somehow managed to stay here for 5 seasons. His development as a player has been non-existent, and on a consistent basis has been the worst player of the roman era.

I was also trying to say, that if something that stupid is going to happen, it's either going to happen to Kalou or Torres. I know most Chelsea fans back Torres, but the media would have created the shitstorm and not us as Chelsea fans as it happened with Kalou.

I'm not comparing the two, I would pick Torres 10/10 over Kalou. I like Torres, I always have and I've never liked Kalou. I have nothing against the bloke, he is just terrible and often counter-productive.

For someone who gets such high marks in English, my writing sure is shit.

:lol:

It was only the way you phrased it, like you was happy that Chelsea conceded the Penalty just so you can bash Kalou.

I was over the moon that he did it. This guy has been nothing but a complete liability for years now and finally i will not have to watch him for Chelsea much longer. Kalou's poor control is one of the reason's why our team has had inconsistent attacking cohesion for a long time. If we had a decent right winger for the 5 years he has been at the club i think that would of made such a difference that we could of won more trophies.

^ At 60,000 a week, I'm sure he's fine. :rolleyes:

Real Chelsea fans want what's best for the football club, rather than blindly defending the undefendable.

Has anyone told you you're a boring bastard?

This is exactly why I didn't want you to have that Legend tag, because for someone who preaches about logic and perspective, you're pretty narrow-minded yourself.

Anyway I'm locking this topic, sick of it to be honest.

Why exactly was the other Kalou thread closed in the current squad forum? In hope that he won't be our player for much longer? :Goober: It's strange that an admin decides to close legitimate threads by his own moods, what if there will be something to discuss about him (other than bashing him)? For now this thread will do :) And if people decide to bash him, then that is the people's will and a natural run of discussion.. something like freedom of speech. And I didn't see anything out of the ordinary there, same shit just different day.

Why exactly was the other Kalou thread closed in the current squad forum? In hope that he won't be our player for much longer? :Goober: It's strange that an admin decides to close legitimate threads by his own moods, what if there will be something to discuss about him (other than bashing him)? For now this thread will do :) And if people decide to bash him, then that is the people's will and a natural run of discussion.. something like freedom of speech. And I didn't see anything out of the ordinary there, same shit just different day.

Because certain members can't keep on topic & use it to attack eachother. This thread will be closed if the same thing happens here.

Because of petty squabbles between members as opposed to legitimate discussion.