Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

"No, no, no, no,'' he said. "Putting on a striker is nothing to do with being more offensive or putting on a defender sometimes is nothing to do with being more defensive.

I think it was the right choice bearing in mind what we were looking at, which was the fact that Valencia were coming out on the left side and doing a lot of two against ones against Bosingwa.

I'm not going to criticise him [Kalou]. These things sometimes happen in football.

The biggest problem pinpointed though. With no stability between managers, it's like playing chess with a different person every move - they all have different techniques to try and win and if they don't, then they are done. I think Carlo was under a restriction in terms of transfers, and also, he promised to use the youth - which he rarely did. I think many saw Kakuta as the holy grail so much, they never comprehend the large amount of development it is to step-up. And i doubt Carlo had the balls to do something, while AVB has already shown he isn't afraid to get into people faces if need be - dropping Lampard, did Carlo ever drop Lampard last season?

Come January, he would either be loaned out to some shitty French club or sold, imo.

Hes an impact sub, cant deny that ! Changes games single handedly.

(Why couldnt he do a Tevez and refused to come on !)

I don't condone some of the comments people are making, but I must admit I've never rated Kalou. For me just watching Sturridge this season and how dangerous and a goal threat he poses justifies my opinion.

I fully agree with the comments that so many managerial changes cannot help, but there have been a lot of players who have flourished at Chelsea despite the number of managerial changes.

I do believe though that AVB is going to be given a real fair crack of the whip and Kalou's limited chances so far are not a coincidence. After the penalty, his general play was also dreadful and you could easily see how badly his confidence was effected by it.

This incident could go one of two ways. It will either be the end of Kalou, and therefore AVB will keep him much on the periphery until he can offload him. In this instance I could see a loan move in January which will hopefully help us sell him for a decent fee in the summer (say £6-8m). We could always bring Kakuta back, who although hasn't shined like was expected, hasn't really had the opportunities yet.

OR if AVB still views Kalou as part of his plans, I can see him starting with him on Sunday. This could well prove to be a masterstroke as Kalou is very much a confidence player, and may give him the boost he needs.

Cus you are THICK!!
Honestly speaking,...You are the best poster out here. Your posts are on topic, terse and to the point. Dont ruin it for a tag

Congrats to all Legends...btw

:rolleyes:

This overblown situation would only have happened with Kalou and Torres. If it was anyone else we would have complained for 5 mins and forgotten it.

It is sad that many of us crucify our own players.

You are comparing Kalou with Torres?, you do realize most Chelsea fans have backed Torres. He’s been playing exceedingly well as of late, and has proven his quality throughout his career. It's rival fans (Liverpool fans) and the media who attack Torres, not Chelsea fans. Kalou is a con-artist, who has somehow managed to stay here for 5 seasons. His development as a player has been non-existent, and on a consistent basis has been the worst player of the roman era.

Kalou is not the best of players i think even his most die hard fan would admit that and 95% of his Chelsea career if not more he has been awfully frustrating to watch but he has made impacts coming off the bench before, having said that he should never start a match (ever) and i do think January is the right time to let him go.

Also he has contributed to some of our trophy's won, remember 06/07 when he saved us from going out of the FA Cup at home to Spurs, likewise in 2009 at home to Southend? he saved us elimation and we went on to win the tournaments.

His early brace against Stoke in that crucial match for the title, had he not scored them 2 there was every chance we would not have broke Stoke down which would have meant goodbye title.