Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

Watching that video its noticeable just how quickly he does everything. Really adds a different dimension to us going forward and was reminiscent of a young Giggs at times. Still very early days but I like what I'm seeing from him.

On another day he scores two and gets a few assists too.

Watching that video its noticeable just how quickly he does everything. Really adds a different dimension to us going forward and was reminiscent of a young Giggs at times. Still very early days but I like what I'm seeing from him.

On another day he scores two and gets a few assists too.

He definitely needs work. That is why the moderate Egyptian fans wanted him to join Chelsea and not Liverpool,Spurs or Atletico (rumored). We have a great talent foundation in Egypt at very young ages. But because we lack so much in the professional aspects of football, kids start picking some bad football habits as far as technique is concerned. Under Mourinho, he will develop better and mentally be stronger and more aware. If he had went to pool, I doubt he will develop much. If you noticed in that video, when he tries to pass to Demba and Eto, he usually doesn't try to pass where the player is exactly but a step or a couple ahead of him. He needs to adjust. These passes would work with Oscar, Willian, Schurrle, or Hazard (players with pace), but not with Eto and Ba.

You can see why he's going to be a very important weapon for us for a long time.

I hope he spend the entire summer working on his right foot to add another dimension to his game.

It is funny you say that. It is true. He plays ok with his right but he doesn't trust it well. You would see him attempting to use the outside of his left foot, more than he goes with his right. That was ever since he was in Egypt. Good eyes mate

Although I understand why Salah started the match, I don't understand why he was left on the pitch in the second half.

The idea was obviously that Salah would be able to exploit any spaces left behind Swansea's defense line. That was not going to happen after they were a man down so early on. At that point on, composure was far more important than anything else. Andre would have been far more of a threat than Salah at this stage.

He wasn't bad or anything. He did miss a open net chance, but both Ba and especially Eto missed them too. Eto was absolutely ridiculous and sad esp for those like me who watched Liverpool and City's match few minutes before.

@Seif : I really don't get it! I know it was his first away game against an angry mob and he's not going to be WC at a glimpse of time but ...... he had a very cool finishing in the two matches before! and much better passing rate! it's confusing! he has tons of creativity but chose this day against ten players since the 15th min to make ppl question his decision making! why the hell was that?!

@CHOULO, yeah maybe that was it.

Judging on the first half performance, Salah was moving better than Schurrle and finding the right spots. The two BAD misses he had in the first half, came from him being in a good spot and ofcourse good passes. Schurrle by all means makes good runs, but he wasn't doing that in the first half as much as he usually does. I think that was why he stayed. Schurrle had nothing. Another thing is, I think it is wise to rest as much players as possible for the upcoming game. I know that the 3 points are crucial, but the difference between Salah's game and Schurrle's is not that big.

Right, but I don't rate any of our strikers, so having a player like Andre, who can score from distance (as he has), could've been important in a game where the opponent was defending in their own half.

It was a horrible performance against a very poor opponent. We were very fortunate to have gotten the 3 points. Swansea only got like 3 good players and that's pretty much it. What a terrible defender Williams is: so poor on the ball... Swansea want to play possession, but you can't do that with defenders like that.