Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

lets judge him when he plays when the entire team is playing good and starts in his regular position. I like his pace and his ability to attack space but I have doubts about his technical ability and decision making in the final 3rd(but this can improve especialy playing with elite players). If hes good enough great; if not, hes 21 and we would get money back in resale and have back up options like traore,moses etc..

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/02/15/chelsea-fans-react-on-twitter-to-salah-performance-against-manch/

Some silly comments on Salah on Twitter too after the City game but at least there are more sensible ones than here.

I'm by no means 100% convinced by the signing of Salah either but to jump the gun so fast and criticize him is really ridiculous. For goodness sake, at least wait till he gets a fair run of games to prove himself before passing judgment on him!

Fucks sake really?

Already slating him!

You guys are NOT Chelsea supporters! Give the lad a fucking chance!!! At least 1 year!!!

The funny(sad) thing is that those are the same people criticizing the club for not giving chances to youngsters.

People should be really careful with their expectations.

For instance:

Salah. Do you really expect Salah, a player who had total of 0 assists in 28 Swiss League and Champions league games this season with his pace and all the space he could have exploited thanks to that, to rock the Premier League with his passes?

Hardly, goals are more likely.

Maybe his final ball isn't poor but 0 assists in nearly 30 games for a winger I would tend to say it is but I suppose I haven't seen much of him other than the Europa League and Champions League as well as some Olympics games for Egypt but that was close to 2 years ago. Still though I think its wrong to blame him for the City match, he came on for a bit and couldn't get into the game as well as most of our team.

Hes a young lad, Mourinho will mold him into the player he wants him to be and I'm certain he'll be a very good one.

Salah actually has 4 assists this season - 3 in 18 league appearances for Basel and 1 in the Champions League.

Swiss League:

Streller's goal vs Lausanne Sport (2-0)

Xhaka's goal vs St. Gallen (1-1)

Streller's goal vs FC Sion (3-1)

Champions League:

Sio's goal vs Ludogorets Razgrad (4-2)

That Champions League assist came in the qualifying rounds though and from the highlights, not 100% sure if it was Salah who assisted the goal but it look like him. Otherwise, he definitely has those league assists!

lets judge him when he plays when the entire team is playing good and starts in his regular position. I like his pace and his ability to attack space but I have doubts about his technical ability and decision making in the final 3rd(but this can improve especialy playing with elite players). If hes good enough great; if not, hes 21 and we would get money back in resale and have back up options like traore,moses etc..

He's scored against us a few times ;) he did well both times :)

He will come good!

Salah actually has 4 assists this season - 3 in 18 league appearances for Basel and 1 in the Champions League.

Swiss League:

Streller's goal vs Lausanne Sport (2-0)

Xhaka's goal vs St. Gallen (1-1)

Streller's goal vs FC Sion (3-1)

Champions League:

Sio's goal vs Ludogorets Razgrad (4-2)

That Champions League assist came in the qualifying rounds though and from the highlights, not 100% sure if it was Salah who assisted the goal but it look like him. Otherwise, he definitely has those league assists!

I gues I was wrong but I didn't do it on purpose.
I was fooled by goal com site.
When I saw those stats I found it hard to believe so I tried to find Swiss League stats. I didn't make it.
Then I left to Champions League site.
There he doesn't have assists just 5 goals like goal com showed.
So I believed those stats were true.
I find that relieving because it didn't made sense to me him not having assists with that pace.
However it's still pretty weak league compared to Premier League and pretty weak clubs therefore my point remains the same : nobody should expect much of him this season and he is better goal scorer than passer.

I gues I was wrong but I didn't do it on purpose.
I was fooled by goal com site.
When I saw those stats I found it hard to believe so I tried to find Swiss League stats. I didn't make it.
Then I left to Champions League site.
There he doesn't have assists just 5 goals like goal com showed.
So I believed those stats were true.
I find that relieving because it didn't made sense to me him not having assists with that pace.
However it's still pretty weak league compared to Premier League and pretty weak clubs therefore my point remains the same : nobody should expect much of him this season and he is better goal scorer than passer.

No worries. :)

It's normal for sites not to have the full statistics record of players if they are playing in the lesser known league like the Swiss league, for instance, and it's easier for them to record down goals than say assists. Only have to check the score results and not watch the highlights/matches to know. Lazy bastards! :rant:

Who knew about Willian when he was 21? I cant believe your shooting this kid down already. After not even 90 minutes.

Not shooting him down. I believe he should stay and try to show what he can do but from what I have seen, I am not sure the Preimer League is the right stage for him. He should play in La Liga, would suit him better and also, Willian right now is at his best 25 almost 26 and I don't see him as a world-class player.

Tc logic - fine to have a dig at rambo and mikel but dare anyone say anything abour the new guy.

Ramires and Mikel have played hundreds of games for us. The criticisms against them are based on things they have done dozens and dozens of times.

Salah is new to the club, new to the team, new to the manager and new to this country. He hasn't even started a game yet so quite how anyone can judge him is beyond me. He's a young player, bought for the future and he needs the support of the fans.

From my experience, transfermarkt.com is the most reliable website when it comes to goals/assists and minutes played etc. and it says Salah has 6 assists this season for club only here is his profile on the website http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/mohamed-salah/profil/spieler_148455.html

From my experience, transfermarkt.com is the most reliable website when it comes to goals/assists and minutes played etc. and it says Salah has 6 assists this season for club only here is his profile on the website http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/mohamed-salah/profil/spieler_148455.html

Actually, it's only 3 in the league. They were rather 'generous' in giving the other 2 where one - in the 2-1 away win vs Lausanne - was when his shot cannoned off the post, hit the GK's back and went into the net for a Basel goal while the other - in Basel's 4-1 home win vs FC Thun - saw his pass to Andrist who then shot first time but saw it saved by the keeper before managing to score on the second attempt after the ball fell back to him from the save.

Ramires and Mikel have played hundreds of games for us. The criticisms against them are based on things they have done dozens and dozens of times.

Salah is new to the club, new to the team, new to the manager and new to this country. He hasn't even started a game yet so quite how anyone can judge him is beyond me. He's a young player, bought for the future and he needs the support of the fans.

Ramires had been BRILLIANT for us in the firat 3months. I still remember the meltdown here before the pool match when rambo got suspended. Mikel is a different issue altogether.

Anyways my point was that salah was deemed ready enough and good enough by jose to replace etoo ahead of both torres and schurrle. And he was poor. Simplt can't remember one thing that he did that was good.

Salah can't hide bejind the young player argument. We have EH who is 23, oscar 22, willian 25, schurrle 23. Salah is 21. Barely much difference.

Yes, he does need time. I don't argue on that, and yes I did go ovwrboard in critisizing him, rather than mou who chose to put salah in the deep end of the pool espexiallt when he had good enough options in schurrle and torres or even lamps who could have helped us get settled in midfield.