Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

Very nervous it seemed but he got into good scoring positions, so it was a decent enough debut.

He looks very adept at getting in behind defences with that ridiculous pace. A lot of players as fast as he is can end up running around rather aimlessly, but his timing of runs seemed very good. That run in between the two CBs was brilliant. It's the sort of run that can cause absolute chaos at the back. If he was to improve his finishing I think we may have a little gem on our hands!

Very nervous it seemed but he got into good scoring positions, so it was a decent enough debut.

He looks very adept at getting in behind defences with that ridiculous pace. A lot of players as fast as he is can end up running around rather aimlessly, but his timing of runs seemed very good. That run in between the two CBs was brilliant. It's the sort of run that can cause absolute chaos at the back. If he was to improve his finishing I think we may have a little gem on our hands!

Exactly. I like how he was pointing to where he wanted the ball in his first chance while making the run. We would be a lot dangerous if he continues to get behind defenses like that.

What a speed merchant. His face might have been 'I'm calm, whatever, just a kick-about with the boys', but you could see he was so pumped for this, too pumped, adrenaline sky high. Newcastle might not be the easiest team to make a debut against either, very physical team - a Stoke with a bit of flare and elegance and less robust, bandage around their head Englishmen. Happy for him, I'm confident he will be a successful player.

I didn't like when he threw his hands up after a play broke down. That needs to be cut out immediately. But his potential is obvious, he showed 90% of his highlights video content in about 10 minutes for us...sans finishing.

I didn't like when he threw his hands up after a play broke down. That needs to be cut out immediately. But his potential is obvious, he showed 90% of his highlights video content in about 10 minutes for us...sans finishing.

Stop looking too deep into things, he's played one fucking game.

What do you mean threw his hands up?

He was mad because he missed is chance (if we're talking about the same thing).. that's fine with me, I even like it.

He was frustrated that he missed, like he should have been.

Thought he was good for his first game, alhough he was (very understandable) nervous. Too bad he didn't score, because it would have been a huge confidence boost.

Also let's not forget that he's only 21 years old, so I'm sure he will make a lot of progress training on a higher level with better players.

What do you mean threw his hands up?

There were clear chances and I think one of them he looked frustrated, that's NOT what I'm talking about. One of the plays petered out towards the end and we lost the ball high up the field about 10 yards from him. Instead of him putting his head down and tracking back (which is what our newly defensive-minded-superstar eden does regularly nowadays) he just threw his hands up and looked the other way. Not a major thing, but I'll be looking forward to seeing a positive change in that respect.