Nemanja Matic

.Cee

19 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Kante plays A LOT bigger than his actual size. He has a fearlessness about him that many people in that role don't possess

he does and so did Ramires.... while Yaya looked mostly bored, he still came out with the football most often than not.

I get that Kante is fearless just like Ramires was, and Kante can play football too (unlike Ramires)!

Look there is a reason Boxing has divisions by weight.

And then there is the aerial game which cannot be compensated by will alone - NFL prob proves that point well enough.

clubs are well aware of these details and make sure they have a squad that has few limitations, being power, pace, or height. The PL is especially affected by virtues other than technique, or at least that's the rumor.

We are already on the short side, so letting Matic go would only made sense if we had adequate replacement. 

LOL.

2 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Look there is a reason Boxing has divisions by weight.

This is football brother. If you hit someone its called a foul and you are penalized...

Can you tell me who the big beasting players were for Leicester? What about the defending European Champs Real Madrid?

There is more than one way to skin a cat, even Conte's Juve team didn't have huge hulking midfielders... Well unless you consider 19yr old pogba huge and part time Khedira

5 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

LOL.

This is football brother. If you hit someone its called a foul and you are penalized...

Can you tell me who the big beasting players were for Leicester? What about the defending European Champs Real Madrid?

There is more than one way to skin a cat, even Conte's Juve team didn't have huge hulking midfielders... Well unless you consider 19yr old pogba huge and part time Khedira

The fact that you found my point funny suggests we should stop discussing as we strongly disagree on this one. And you conveniently ignored the other points I made, about height and aerial disputes.

there are infinite types of disputes that lead to no foul that favor the stronger/taller player, depending on refereeing style and league. I've lost the football countless times to players who were not more technical or faster than I, just taller and stronger. YMMV. PL is also known to be a league where power plays more of a part than in other leagues.

Yes, you can compensate with a lot of technique. That's what Barcelona and Bayern do, but we are as far from them as Leicester is from us. Leicester city will come again and again as example to be followed, and I strongly believe it should not be.

8 hours ago, Robguima said:

The fact that you found my point funny suggests we should stop discussing as we strongly disagree on this one. And you conveniently ignored the other points I made, about height and aerial disputes.

there are infinite types of disputes that lead to no foul that favor the stronger/taller player, depending on refereeing style and league. I've lost the football countless times to players who were not more technical or faster than I, just taller and stronger. YMMV. PL is also known to be a league where power plays more of a part than in other leagues.

Yes, you can compensate with a lot of technique. That's what Barcelona and Bayern do, but we are as far from them as Leicester is from us. Leicester city will come again and again as example to be followed, and I strongly believe it should not be.

ya this needs to end... I found your point about boxing and football amusing because it made ZERO sense. So because boxers have weight classes are you advocating the same should apply to football? 

Has it ever dawned on you that the reason you lost the ball countless times has more to do with the fact that the player is better than you? Fellaini is 6'6 and an awful midfielder. So bad that he's most commonly used as a target man in the 18 yd box.

I think what is traditionally known as power is changing in this league. Power doesn't mean physically outmuscle your opponent, if it did Pulis' Stoke teams would be winning outright every year. Power in this era has more to do with fitness levels which is why Kante was so coveted and got nominated for player of the year.  

The thing that is separating the Prem from the other leagues is the speed with which it is played at. Kante has the ability to read plays and close in on an attacker faster than anyone I've seen in this league.  It is this that makes him so successful especially when couple with his fearlessness.  Matic is big but he hasn't been effective in reading plays the last year and a half he's been a step slow and constantly looks like a headless chicken. 

Many people here say 'its just one season, everyone had a bad one' well the same can be said for his good season. When we reacquired him in January 2014 he played like a beast right up until January 2015, perhaps that good form was also just a year? I hope he can bounce back but I'm glad we got Kante.

2 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

ya this needs to end... I found your point about boxing and football amusing because it made ZERO sense. So because boxers have weight classes are you advocating the same should apply to football? 

Has it ever dawned on you that the reason you lost the ball countless times has more to do with the fact that the player is better than you? Fellaini is 6'6 and an awful midfielder. So bad that he's most commonly used as a target man in the 18 yd box.

I think what is traditionally known as power is changing in this league. Power doesn't mean physically outmuscle your opponent, if it did Pulis' Stoke teams would be winning outright every year. Power in this era has more to do with fitness levels which is why Kante was so coveted and got nominated for player of the year.  

The thing that is separating the Prem from the other leagues is the speed with which it is played at. Kante has the ability to read plays and close in on an attacker faster than anyone I've seen in this league.  It is this that makes him so successful especially when couple with his fearlessness.  Matic is big but he hasn't been effective in reading plays the last year and a half he's been a step slow and constantly looks like a headless chicken. 

Many people here say 'its just one season, everyone had a bad one' well the same can be said for his good season. When we reacquired him in January 2014 he played like a beast right up until January 2015, perhaps that good form was also just a year? I hope he can bounce back but I'm glad we got Kante.

That's called an analogy. To make a point weight and height play a big part in sports like it or not. Dunno how you got the idea of changing the game from it... :)

Yes the players I lost the football to were indeed better than I Because they were stronger! :)

I got outmuscle out of plays by bigger fellas.... Not that hard to believe is it? Now if you think that can't happen, nothing else to say really.

yes had I had better technique I might have been able to avoid that, but that's the compensating part-given same technique physically wins.

really don't understand why you are going on an on kante tbh.

7 minutes ago, Robguima said:

That's called an analogy. To make a point weight and height play a big part in sports like it or not. Dunno how you got the idea of changing the game from it... :)

Yes the players I lost the football to were indeed better than I Because they were stronger! :)

I got outmuscle out of plays by bigger fellas.... Not that hard to believe is it? Now if you think that can't happen, nothing else to say really.

yes had I had better technique I might have been able to avoid that, but that's the compensating part-given same technique physically wins.

really don't understand why you are going on an on kante tbh.

Dude stop embarrassing yourself. 

Height and weight in football does not apply in the same fashion as it does in boxing... Your 'analogy' makes zero sense. 

I don't give a rats ass about you as a footballer and to mention your ability as part of an argument when we're comparing Kante and Matic is so ridiculous. Firstly no one knows what you look like and secondly no one has ever seen you play. I can easily say I'm 5'2 and 100lbs and that I find it easier to play against big strong players because I can dribble past them much easier. Whether or not that is true is neither here nor there.

And if you go back and look at what I quoted you will see exactly why I'm talking about Kante and not boxing or my football ability. 

23 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Dude stop embarrassing yourself. 

Height and weight in football does not apply in the same fashion as it does in boxing... Your 'analogy' makes zero sense. 

I don't give a rats ass about you as a footballer and to mention your ability as part of an argument when we're comparing Kante and Matic is so ridiculous. Firstly no one knows what you look like and secondly no one has ever seen you play. I can easily say I'm 5'2 and 100lbs and that I find it easier to play against big strong players because I can dribble past them much easier. Whether or not that is true is neither here nor there.

And if you go back and look at what I quoted you will see exactly why I'm talking about Kante and not boxing or my football ability. 

you keep reading things I did not write... :) 'in the same fashion' wtf?

it is very easy to dismiss someone's point by saying ' don't give a rats ass about...' Kinda childish too. 

when did I say, in my original post that you disputed, that kante is not pacey, that he does not read the game well ... That he is not a great player?!

what I said and maintain is that he cannot do certain things that taller and bigger players can, esp in tight spaces where his running won't help much. Such as aerial game !

that matic and kante are complementary because they have different virtues and deficiencies.

Nemanja Matic warms to Chelsea stay after being given 'special feeling' by new boss Antonio Conte

• Matic admits Real Madrid would not have suffered same slump as Blues 

I wish he would hold his hands up and admit that the players should hold some responsibility tho

I would also like to see a formation of 3-1-2-4 used at some time with Cescy behind Matic/N'Golo - just as long as we got the right defenders brought in

He must start imposing himself much more this season, and should IMHO never try and get ahead and involved in attack.

Keep the middle of the pitch in control, intercept and move ball forward. Stay there. Do it again.

His runs ahead are always detrimental to our attack. not good at running with the ball or crossing it, most of the time, gets the ball runs ahead a few yards, checks back and passes backwards.

#Juventus expects conversation between Matic and Chelsea, which will take place in coming days: he pushes to go away (via @DiMarzio) #CFC

There is an obstacle, Conte, who at the time does not want to let him go. Matic would be the first choice for #Juventus (via @DiMarzio) #CFC

#Juventus expects conversation between Matic and Chelsea, which will take place in coming days: he pushes to go away (via @DiMarzio) #CFC

There is an obstacle, Conte, who at the time does not want to let him go. Matic would be the first choice for #Juventus (via @DiMarzio) #CFC

Give us Bonucci then we can talk.

27 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Why would Matic said what he said a few days ago about Conte giving him a special feeling if he had wanted to leave in the first place? Sounds like BS rumours from Di Marzio.

Matic's Olympics

Nemanja Matic is the next player to answer questions about the Olympics as the Games draw near, including which of his team-mates would do best in certain disciplines... 

What are your earliest Olympic memories? I was very young, and I really enjoyed watching not only sports with a ball but also athletics. When Olympics starts on the television you can watch all the sports all day and it is a special feeling watching it.

Who will do well from your part of the world? I am sure Novak Djokovic will do well for Serbia. I don’t know if he will win gold but he always represents our country very well. I am sure he will give his best and if he is on his best game he will get a medal.We have a lot of good sportsmen and women. In the shooting we have Ivana Maksimovic, she always gets medals. In the long jump we have Ivana Spanovic, she is one of the best in the world. I am sure they are going to do well.

What would your event be? Maybe boxing! I have never done it but I would give my best!

And finally, if you had to choose one of your teammates to represent Chelsea in the Olympics this summer in each of these sports, who would it be?

Shotput – I am actually good at that. I tried that a few times.

100m – Maybe Willian or Hazard. The attackers are the fastest.

1500m – There I can compete! Us midfielders would be good for that.

Swimming – Azpi.

Judo – Ivanovic. He’s tough. 

chelseafc.com

matic-s-olympics.img.png