Nemanja Matic

.Cee

12 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

I think he was just okay. Nothing like a great performance from what I was watching. A good performance is what wayanma did against arsenal today, not giving away easy passes and looking slow on the ball. 

Wanyama always looks slow on the Ball to me. Comes naturally, when someones a chunky Athlete I believe.

Wanyama is a classic Strongman, I like that ... but he lacks the Vision, Technique and Creativity of Matic.

Everyone has good and bad games .. But Matic is the DM whos going to lead his Team to EPL Glory this Season.

Just as he did in 14/15.

1 hour ago, Belgiannutt said:

Disagree, we dominated the midfield because of Koeman's decision to have Gueye man mark Hazard and leave the midfield battle up to players like Barkley and Davies.

They are not mutually exclusive. (Doesn't our golden boy hate man-marking?)

weekend before matic did similar against spurs. A couple of seasons back and he did it for us to win the league - no kante either.

I can certainly understand the wish to improve on him, but he's a good Who gets a lot of imo undeserved criticism.

32 minutes ago, mashimaru161 said:

We are not going to "dominate" any team ...

It's not necessary.

Dominating the League is more than enough fore us.

On 26/04/2017 at 2:40 PM, TheWiz said:

...As fore your Question ... Well, Conte could bring in some good prospects fore that Position ... but in my Opinion the Way Matic provides Security and Vision in Midfield, I can't see anyone who can adequately replace him...

As you rightly imply later in your post, no one here has any right to claim that their opinion outranks yours. So, despite the fact that there are big differences between your thoughts on Nemanja and mine, you'll be glad to know that I'm not aiming to show why I think you have this one wrong. Instead I just want to say it as I see it. It is genuinely fascinating that two people who take a keen interest in football, can watch the same player, in the same games, and yet reach completely opposite conclusions about what they see.

I don't see Nemanja provide a level of security that many others could not also offer. He is clearly competent, but no more than that in my view. Certainly I see no excellence in what he does defensively.

You commented favourably on Nemanja's vision. To try to narrow down what is meant by that I'm defining vision as the ability to spot a pass. With that in mind I say what I've said many times, Nemanja is as good as most professionals at spotting passes and that, when things are in his favour, he is as good as most at completing them. I see no exceptional levels from Nemanja in this regard either however. Worse, when things are not in his favour; when his body shape does not suit the pass required, when he needs to manipulate the ball with quick precise touches to open up the angle, or when the ball is on his wrong foot, then the only way for me to honestly express my opinion of Nemanja's capabilities, is to say that I see him as a long way below the desired standard.

It's clear that Antonio feels Nemanja is currently his best option for the majority of games. I'm interested to see if the manager goes shopping for a replacement, as opposed to a backup, in the summer. I certainly hope that he does.

P.S. I hope you won't see the following observation as patronising. It is not meant to be. Where you have used the word fore above, you need the word for. If fore was just a typo, then it happens to all of us of course but, if my mentioning this is useful for future reference then I'm pleased.

On 01/05/2017 at 7:58 AM, TheWiz said:

Wanyama always looks slow on the Ball to me. Comes naturally, when someones a chunky Athlete I believe.

Wanyama is a classic Strongman, I like that ... but he lacks the Vision, Technique and Creativity of Matic.

Everyone has good and bad games .. But Matic is the DM whos going to lead his Team to EPL Glory this Season.

Just as he did in 14/15.

Watch the North London derby and look how creative Wanyama was on top of his usual strong presence in midfield. Don't remember the last time Matic dominated a game like that for us. 

1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

Watch the North London derby and look how creative Wanyama was. Don't remember the last time Matic dominated a game like that for us. 

The match at Etihad where Matic was such a monster seems like a distant memory now.

7 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

You commented favourably on Nemanja's vision. To try to narrow down what is meant by that I'm defining vision as the ability to spot a pass. With that in mind I say what I've said many times, Nemanja is as good as most professionals at spotting passes and that, when things are in his favour, he is as good as most at completing them. I see no exceptional levels from Nemanja in this regard either however. Worse, when things are not in his favour; when his body shape does not suit the pass required, when he needs to manipulate the ball with quick precise touches to open up the angle, or when the ball is on his wrong foot, then the only way for me to honestly express my opinion of Nemanja's capabilities, is to say that I see him as a long way below the desired standard.

It's clear that Antonio feels Nemanja is currently his best option for the majority of games. I'm interested to see if the manager goes shopping for a replacement, as opposed to a backup, in the summer. I certainly hope that he does.

P.S. I hope you won't see the following observation as patronising. It is not meant to be. Where you have used the word fore above, you need the word for. If fore was just a typo, then it happens to all of us of course but, if my mentioning this is useful for future reference then I'm pleased.

I dont know what you mean by "Ability to spot a Pass" ... Maybe the same as I do.

By Vision I mean ones Ability to read the Space and the Movement your own Players and your Opponents, in order to predict Pathways for Passes, that open up Defenses and create Chances.

I believe in that regard he is in a very, very small Club with Players (Glenn Hoddle comes to mind immediately, as Matic reminds me a lot of him) .. who had the same Ability. It's just, that him being shackled to strict defensive Duties by Conte, the Chances of him throwing in some Genius Moments are very few over a long Stretch of Matches.

I don't know, maybe Conte sees it the same way as you and many others, and he's going to replace him come Summer. I also see bad Passes from Matic, as I see useless Ball-Losses by Kante, epic chance wasting by Costa, the choice fore Dribbles, when a Pass is the better Option by Hazard and horrendous Positioning by Luiz .. It doesnt matter. Thats Football and noone is perfect. Thats why its most important fore the Team to function in a Heartbeat in the Long Run. Thats how Titles are won.

I dont see your observation as patronising. I wonder how you are being the only one who realized it. :-)

Its just that I feel like the Guy who invented English spelling made a Mistake there leaving the Letter e out fore the World "for". Dunno why but fore me it makes much more sense to write it with an e .. Its a better read somehow ... and it makes more sense phonetically.

2 hours ago, TheWiz said:

I dont know what you mean by "Ability to spot a Pass" ... Maybe the same as I do.

By Vision I mean ones Ability to read the Space and the Movement your own Players and your Opponents, in order to predict Pathways for Passes, that open up Defenses and create Chances.

I believe in that regard he is in a very, very small Club with Players (Glenn Hoddle comes to mind immediately, as Matic reminds me a lot of him) .. who had the same Ability. It's just, that him being shackled to strict defensive Duties by Conte, the Chances of him throwing in some Genius Moments are very few over a long Stretch of Matches.

I don't know, maybe Conte sees it the same way as you and many others, and he's going to replace him come Summer. I also see bad Passes from Matic, as I see useless Ball-Losses by Kante, epic chance wasting by Costa, the choice fore Dribbles, when a Pass is the better Option by Hazard and horrendous Positioning by Luiz .. It doesnt matter. Thats Football and noone is perfect. Thats why its most important fore the Team to function in a Heartbeat in the Long Run. Thats how Titles are won.

I dont see your observation as patronising. I wonder how you are being the only one who realized it. :-)

Its just that I feel like the Guy who invented English spelling made a Mistake there leaving the Letter e out fore the World "for". Dunno why but fore me it makes much more sense to write it with an e .. Its a better read somehow ... and it makes more sense phonetically.

On the phonetics first since that is not a question of opinion. I doubt I'm the only person who spotted the incorrect spelling but perhaps I am the only one who is interested enough to comment on it and to risk being thought patronising, or just plain rude. The pronunciation of the two words is different and this dictates their spelling. These words have entirely different meanings and, when annunciated correctly, are audibly different. That difference allows the two to be distinguished in speech, and, together with context, allows the correct meaning to be received by a listener. To claim that an "e" is missing from the word "for" is to ignore the rules of English spelling concerning vowel sounds when the word of which they are a part ends with an "e". I fail to see what you hope to achieve by deliberately misspelling the word. If the purpose of writing is to communicate meaning, then inventing your own lexicon can hardly help.

As to Nemanja being similar to Glen Hoddle. I doubt you'll find a single sighted person on the planet who agrees with your claim. Certainly not Nemanja, and not even his mother. The opinion is nonsense. Having read that comment I can no longer take your views seriously on this issue. Indeed I can only imagine that you are having a good laugh at me for having taken them seriously in the first place.

7 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

On the phonetics first ...

As to Nemanja being similar to Glen Hoddle. I doubt you'll find a single sighted person on the planet who agrees with your claim. Certainly not Nemanja, and not even his mother. The opinion is nonsense. Having read that comment I can no longer take your views seriously on this issue. Indeed I can only imagine that you are having a good laugh at me for having taken them seriously in the first place.

Yeah, thanks fore your Opinion on the Word for. But I'll continue repairing words, that are spelled wrong in my mind. I do it in German and I'll continue doing it in English. I guess you'll respect that.

However, could you be so kind and upload an Audio of the two Words .. since you appear to be English/Brtish ... maybe I'll change my mind then.

As for the second Part. If you don't see similarities between Matic and Hoddle, I can't really help you anymore. There a similarities in Stature, there are Footballing Similarities (Touch, Vision) and there are certainly Things that Hoddle was clearly better at ... Headers come to mind ... while Matic is certainly the better Dribbler.

I'm not having a laugh at your, don't worry. I respect your Opinion.

6 hours ago, Styles said:

The Wiz isn't even a subtle troll. It's just so blatant it's not funny.

Just becasue you don't like my Opinion, doesn't mean I'm a Troll.