Am I the only one hoping for Liverpool to fall at the last moment here and us sneaking the title at the last second? :ph34r:

Everybody is hoping for that, but I think not many still believe it is possible!

We had our chances and we blew it. Truthfully, we dont really deserve the title...

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I feel gutted about the loss to Sunderland, and also blaming it on the conspiracy that the whole England wants Liverpool to win the League....

lets just keep the faith that Liverpool might screwed up and we will win the rest of the games to win the title. (:

But still I prefer to concentrate on CL though

Liverpool finish like train.

As things stand we are not away from finishing above City, the hopeless-to-chase opponent of a few weeks back according to some, but Liverpool manage to take all points in their matches.
Somehow we buckled, as shown by the injury list as well.

This is called a bounce.

The biggest bounces in the history of football were Brazil losing to Urguay in 1950, Hungary to Germany in 1954 and France to Germany in 1986. Just when everything was going well, disaster came along.
Can that be explained ?

Some people tell me it's because you read so much about Brazil, Hungary and France that those events are stuck in your memory, but I wonder. Maybe there is an explanation for all those Jeckyll-Hyde transformations.

I am so disappointed by our recent run of form in the league that I've been mostly avoiding these forums.

For a while it seemed like this team had a lot of grit to it, and would go all the way, but the way we've rolled over in the last few weeks has left me bitter about a season that, in all truth, has gone a lot better than most of us would have expected.

Hopefully next season when we have a proper goalscorer we won't find it so hard to beat the shit teams.

At least we might still be able to prevent Liverpool from being crowned champions. Not that I'm a huge fan of City either.

If Liverpool win the title im avoiding MOTD next season. The mere thought off Gerrard lifting that PL title is making me feel ill.

Ill be avoiding facebook, media and any other place were there's an off chance i will clamp eyes on that monstrous sight.
If someone posts a picture on here...............

The squad is good enough to win small games, you cant blame lack of striker. The approach was wrong, from players and from Mou. We played too defensive against bottom teams, should gone all attack to make win easier and boost stats, improve attacking tactics.

Either Mou lost his winning mentality vs small teams, or players cant follow him. Or everyone is too busy with world cup...

Slightly off topic but with Everton's 2-0 defeat to Southampton, a Top 4 finish is pretty much secured. 6 points clear, have a better GD (41 to 21) and played a game less than Everton. Now to ensure a Top 3 finish.....

...so what results would we need now that would lead us to becoming champions?

Title permutations:

For Chelsea to win:

1. Must win both remaining games - Norwich(H) and Cardiff(A)

2. Need Liverpool to lose 1 of their 2 remaining games - Palace(A) or Newcastle(H)

3. Need Man City to lose 1 of their 3 remaining games - Everton(A), Aston Villa(H) or West Ham(H)

For Liverpool to win:

1. Must win both remaining games

2. Need Man City to draw or lose 1 of their last 3 matches

3. OR win last two matches and outscore City in the process (current GD is 8 worse off than City, as it stands with them playing Palace right now)

For Man City to win:

1. Must win remaining 3 games to win title on GD

2. Must also not be outscored by Liverpool

P.S. Did that with the thought that City have beaten Palace today. Currently leading 2-0 anyway.

Even if we win our last two matches, it's out of our hands now. sigh.

We've still come far regardless of our incompleteness. What a difference a good manager makes, ey.

It's just like what Gary Neville said of Alex Ferguson before, Mourinho is worth 10 points alone in a league campaign.

Title permutations:

For Chelsea to win:

1. Must win both remaining games - Norwich(H) and Cardiff(A)

2. Need Liverpool to lose 1 of their 2 remaining games - Palace(A) or Newcastle(H)

3. Need Man City to lose 1 of their 3 remaining games - Everton(A), Aston Villa(H) or West Ham(H)

For Liverpool to win:

1. Must win both remaining games

2. Need Man City to draw or lose 1 of their last 3 matches

3. OR win last two matches and outscore City in the process (current GD is 8 worse off than City, as it stands with them playing Palace right now)

For Man City to win:

1. Must win remaining 3 games to win title on GD

2. Must also not be outscored by Liverpool

P.S. Did that with the thought that City have beaten Palace today. Currently leading 2-0 anyway.

Looking at the remaining games, it's highly unlikely that Liverpool and City will mess up those home games. If they are to drop points - draw/lose - it all come down to next weekend's games.

City go to Everton on Saturday. We'll face Norwich on Sunday. And Liverpool will be at Palace on Monday. The pressure will be piled on one another I guess.

Do wonder though how motivated will Everton be against City with their Top 4 hopes look to be over, especially if Arsenal win tomorrow. Same thought goes to Palace. Already safe from relegation and the team don't look capable of coming from behind if they concede first given their limited squad.

Tbh I'd say more, considering he plays such a big role in our on-pitch and off-pitch battles. His man-management, motivating skills, tactical skills, mind games, decisions regarding buying/selling players (and that's something you need a very special awareness for. I don't think there are many other managers out there who'd sell the players we did for the betterment of the club)...to name a few.

There are so many factors to consider when you take into account that an entire team of millionaires and dealing with the executives, the owner, the fans, the press...

So yeah, definitely more than ten points. I'm so thankful that we have him, even when we lose, can't help but love him. :heart:

I believe Gary Neville meant that on average anyway rather than the manager is exactly worth 10 points alone. Otherwise, agree with points.

double over city, pool. 4 points against united, spurs and arse. AND WE STILL WONT BE WINNING THE TITLE. :(

that villa game was such a horror. after that game, never seemed like we ll be able to do it.

nonetheless, proud of the team. proud of jose.