• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it just me or this season feels alittle shorter than the former?!

Europa league, CWC,deeper runs in the carling and fa cup last season might have something to do with it afterall we played more competitive matches than any other team in Europe last season.

If you don't want to get suspended, you should never insult people around here again.

Just because the staff lets some things slide doesn't mean we don't see it, nor does it mean that it's alright to continue doing it.

What are you talking about? Just because the staff lets some things slide? It means just because the staff does not care about some insults (a while ago this gary gordon guy called someone a cunt, and days ago someone was labelled "old cunt"), I can't reply to a post from gary gordon? Just check his record he is one of the most outrageous forum members around, despite his cute baby avatar.

Did he send a PM for you? So its okay for some people to have xenophobic like comments about "not having english blood", or suggesting that non-english players are idiots. If you think I should get suspended, okay, thats your forum after all, but I'm sure that would be 100% biased and unfair. Its not secret that you are not my biggest fan.

ps: You should instead tell everyone why Tommy was banned, I thought everyone who gets the ban have their names on "banned members" topic.

You know, title talks aside for one minute, we gotta make sure we don't mess things up any further if we are to ensure a Top 3 finish and not 4th. In case anyone haven't noticed, we are only 5 points ahead of Arsenal as it stands and our run-in is arguably just that bit tougher than theirs.

Us - Liverpool(A), Norwich(H) and Cardiff(A)

Arsenal - Newcastle(H), West Brom(H) and Norwich(A)

even 4th isnt guaranteed yet .. Maybe take out insurance by winning CL

Wow this thread has escalated in a few hours

As I'm on 10 warning points already (do these have a shelf life? - like speeding points? :))

I would advise ALL members to not get caught up in it! The reason I spend so much time here is the diverse background of so many supporters and the widely ranging opinions - some I like, some I don't.

I think it's testament to how far we have come this year, that we are all hurting a little that we seemed to have let the Prem slip through our grasp. I hope we don't let emotions get the better of our normal debates.

It's so easy to get caught up in the moment - but lets all step back and take some time.

Sure, life is full of people you don't agree with - but the human brain is a super computer - just filter out the 'noise'

Our only focus should be tomorrow night.

Hope you guys/girls read this and take it in the spirit meant - not condescending or patronising - just a genuine plea.

Some of you will think this post makes me appear 'weak' - I don't mind ;) I'm used to widely ranging perceptions of me ;)

I have a good feeling that a win over Athletico and 1 foot in the champions league final will cure that.

I do hope so mate. That and a lot of alcohol after we trounce them tomorrow!

I do hope so mate. That and a lot of alcohol after we trounce them tomorrow!

Costa is on a streak but honestly 90% of the la liga teams wouldn't make it in the premier league. If the midfield keep koke quiet and with Turan almost 100% certain to be benched or out I don't see any way they score past the best defense in England.

Costa is on a streak but honestly 90% of the la liga teams wouldn't make it in the premier league. If the midfield keep koke quiet and with Turan almost 100% certain to be benched or out I don't see any way they score past the best defense in England.

Nor do I, matic being unavailable could alter that but i have full confidence in our defence regardless. Ramires must not see the capital of Spain, woefully poor this season. Lampard-Luiz has to start.

If we can nick an early goal it'll make atletico open up and come onto us, where we can hopefully counter and finish the tie before we're back at the bridge!

They did a great job against Liverpool and I expect them to continue fighting for their lives especially in the run in. IMO the most dangerous teams at this stage of the season aren't the one looking for champions league places or even the title it's the relegation battlers because they have to lay it all on the line every game to stay up. We all know Liverpool vs Chelsea will be an epic that may decide the title but norwich is probably the team that will pose the greatest challenge just because of the stakes for them. Don't know if anyone else agrees but norwich is a game no one at Chelsea should treat as easier than Liverpool.

They did a great job against Liverpool and I expect them to continue fighting for their lives especially in the run in. IMO the most dangerous teams at this stage of the season aren't the one looking for champions league places or even the title it's the relegation battlers because they have to lay it all on the line every game to stay up. We all know Liverpool vs Chelsea will be an epic that may decide the title but norwich is probably the team that will pose the greatest challenge just because of the stakes for them. Don't know if anyone else agrees but norwich is a game no one at Chelsea should treat as easier than Liverpool.

Merged the thread with this one. Don't need to have two threads that is gonna basically discuss the same thing.

even 4th isnt guaranteed yet .. Maybe take out insurance by winning CL

We should also be thankful that Everton lost to Palace the other day. Otherwise, the situation would be even more dodgy than it is now.

Am I the only one hoping for Liverpool to fall at the last moment here and us sneaking the title at the last second? :ph34r:

we beat pool. everton beat city, palace beat pool. we win the league (given that we can beat norwich and cardiff, which at the moment seems very hard)

I just think we really need to win our last three games, whatever happens with the other teams results happens, cant worry about that, be amazing if we win it, but if we dont it would also be very satisfying to take it away from Liverpool.

Been a good season though, team has definitely improved from the last few seasons and will be even better in Mourinho's second season.