• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bitterness of Rodgers is matched only by his naivety. He didn't need to win the game. If he draws that match then Liverpool control their destiny but he fell into the same trap that Mourinho has set for so many managers over the years. Maybe it's pride, maybe it's arrogance or maybe he's just buying into that bullshit he's been selling about 'the Liverpool Way' in recent weeks but to suggest that Liverpool were the only team who wanted to win that gam is just bitterness.

Jose knows that there's more than one way to win a match and it showed Rodgers for what he is when he spoke about wanting to win the match a certain way. You can't always do that. Sometimes you have to put your ego to one side and win ugly. We did that yesterday, we did that at City but at home to Arsenal the way to win was to tear them apart.

This is why we're probably hated by other supporters. Fuck them.

Rodgers' bitterness is nothing new. It's just the usual comments being made whenever a supposed football 'purist' loses a game. Perhaps when he manage in the Champions League next season, he might learn a thing or two about the importance or need to be defensive a little bit. If he tries to be proactive and continue the attacking approach in Europe, he's gonna get horribly found and see his side getting thrashed.

I'm telling you there is a twist again, I'm thinking City and/or Liverpool, not us. City can easily drop points to Everton and Palace will give Liverpool a damn sight better game than they did with City.

We are 16/1 with some bookies :delight:

Just this year (2014), not including the earlier part of the season...

eGTxskc.png

Add Newcastle (L), West Brom (D), and Stoke (L) to that from 2013, and you'll see why people including myself harp about us not being good enough against the smaller teams as the reason why we're probably not going to win the PL this year.

Edited by The Skipper

91 chances in 3 games - 1 goal.

Apart from the West Ham game where we weren't clinical enough, in the other games we just weren't good enough, barely created any quality chances. The amount of shots do not indicate proper chances either.

Despite of missed chances, I am very proud of Chelsea under the best tactician Jose. I am honored to support this team, Jose brought many happy moments in my life in this season. Thrashing of Arsenal, double over Citeh, Liverpool, eliminating PSG to name a few. Whether Chelsea wins the PL in this season or not, it´s to remain to be seen. I am still proud of Chelsea´s achievements of this season. This club has no place to go, but stardom awaits them. Thank you for memorable games.

In the space of a month Aston Villa, Crystal Palace and Sunderland all beat us... haha to be fair that's absolutely shocking.

It is, but at the start of the season had someone told me we would be 90 minutes away from a CL final and in with a chance of the league with two games left I would of been delighted.

This Everton v City game is the game that decides the title IMO.

Given all the history, and the injury list Everton has right now, they probably will end up throwing the game to City.

Hope I'm wrong though.

As long as we are talking about games that might cost us the title, the swansea game can't be far behind. We need pool to lose rather than draw cos of our GD which we could so easily have improved that day. That match should have ended 4-0/5-0 easily. Which would mean we had a -3/-4 goal difference. A 3-0/4-0 win over norwich and pool drawing their match against palace would have seen us almost on the same level.

It might be a very minor thing, but nonetheless important.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/303589.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

^Read that if you all want a bit of a cheer up.

Schurrle and Schwarzer hitting the nail on the head, they're both so right. It's all jealousy - lap it up, Jose loves it!

Schurrle - "If people look at us and say 'Chelsea can't play' even when we win, it's just because they're jealous.".

Schwarzer- "It's quite amusing to hear the criticism because the bottom line is there was a tactic we employed and it worked down to a tee. We played within the rules and we played the best way we thought we could get a result, tried to frustrate Liverpool and it worked."

The three historical upsides of Greece:

Panionios - AEK 3-2 in 1960

Ethnikos Piraeus - Panathinaikos 4-2 in 1962

Panionios - Panathinaikos 2-1 in 1966

The last one sparked political crisis with the Panathinaikos manager Stephan Bobeck accused of disseminating communist propaganda (of all things) to the players and hence make them lose.

It was however one team involved. In our case we need two together !