Do Everton hate Liverpool enough to throw their game against City? 4th is slipping away but I don't see them doing that

If Arsenal win tomorrow it will logically be over for Everton. 4 points gap with two matches to go. And I'd imagine they'd be mentally broken after the two OGs yesterday.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what the worst thing is.. history never remembers the losers, Pellegrini has blasted Mourinho this season, no respect, no class.. yet his smug little face will lift the title because of him. City will be celebrating, and our contributions this seasons will be for fuck all. We have done no better than Arsenal, CL football..

....So what? there's only one champion, and there's next season. City could say: "We destroyd the league this season in such style, we have the best squad, that was for nothing", Liverpool could say "that was our chance after 25 years, we played so great in the end and bottled it".

This is football, thats a competitive league. and the good thing about that is there's always next season. Our league campaign was good, but not great, not better than City and Liverpool for sure. we played some poor football in most our games and literally did the minimum to take points (apart from the big games, we were fantastic at those)

Arsenal will do nothing in the next seasons too, we will, and it wont come like a surprise, there's a process in football.

Liverpool loosing at Palace though?Could happen but unlikely plus we've got Norwich and we seem to mess up the likely winnable ones

If we win, it will put big pressure on Liverpool next Monday.

You know what the worst thing is.. history never remembers the losers, Pellegrini has blasted Mourinho this season, no respect, no class.. yet his smug little face will lift the title because of him. City will be celebrating, and our contributions this seasons will be for fuck all. We have done no better than Arsenal, CL football..

You are wrong. There is a winner where there is a loser. I remember great teams that were losers: Holland in 1974, Brazil in 1982, Chelsea 07/08 season.

Pellegrini will win the league not because of Mourinho, but because City got more points. Mourinho defeated Liverpool and City, but lost to Crystal Palace and Sunderland at home.

And yes, we did a lot better than Arsenal.

Win our last 2 and we finish on 84 points, whether or not that is enough for the title is one thing, but it would be good to b be back on the 80's line points wise, it's been a long few years.

Just imagine if City and Liverpool lost at the weekend. And we won. With a Champions League final in the bag aswell.

Could turn out to be one of the best seasons in the clubs history, and its in May. This season has been special.

Just imagine if City and Liverpool lost at the weekend. And we won. With a Champions League final in the bag aswell.

Could turn out to be one of the best seasons in the clubs history, and its in May. This season has been special.

too many stars have to align there

will be in the champions league final though

the crappy thing is the order of the remaining league games...if city slip up, liverpool will smell blood and raise their game against palace. wish liverpool played first, followed by city, and then us.

Gutted that Liverpool play on Monday! I wish it was City who had to play that day! now i don't know if i want Everton to win, because i really don't wont the title to go back into Liverpool hands! of course best case scenario would be for us to win, City to lose and Liverpool to bottle it and lose on Monday! but i feel if City lose then I cant see Palace stopping Liverpool from beating them!

So i would probably prefer us and City winning this weekend and for Palace to beat Liverpool, Then for City to bottle their game in hand against Villa somehow! I just dont want to see the title go back in the Scoucers hands!

If Arsenal wins tomorrow, I seriously doubt Everton will do much to try to stop City...

Arsenal - Newcastle 0-2

Everton - City 3-1

Crystal Palace - Liverpool 2-0

Better? :P

The bitterness of Rodgers is matched only by his naivety. He didn't need to win the game. If he draws that match then Liverpool control their destiny but he fell into the same trap that Mourinho has set for so many managers over the years. Maybe it's pride, maybe it's arrogance or maybe he's just buying into that bullshit he's been selling about 'the Liverpool Way' in recent weeks but to suggest that Liverpool were the only team who wanted to win that gam is just bitterness.

Jose knows that there's more than one way to win a match and it showed Rodgers for what he is when he spoke about wanting to win the match a certain way. You can't always do that. Sometimes you have to put your ego to one side and win ugly. We did that yesterday, we did that at City but at home to Arsenal the way to win was to tear them apart.

This is why we're probably hated by other supporters. Fuck them.