Considering everyone has that (well, City with two more), the odds are perhaps not in our favour. I still believe it's City's to lose, especially when we beat Liverpool.

yaya toure out for season (not sure, apparently said by pelegrinni in his post match) and a trip to goodison plus palace left... i think it is more probable that city drop points rather than not.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yaya toure out for season (not sure, apparently said by pelegrinni in his post match) and a trip to goodison plus palace left... i think it is more probable that city drop points rather than not.

True. But you also have to remember, most those guys now know how to win a title. Especially in such a dramatic way. They don't actually have a hurdle as big as us and Liverpool. Also key is, our trip to Liverpool and our last game of the season is away. The only time we've lost this season has been away.

City finish at home to West Ham, who are presumably safe now so West Ham will have no trouble taking an ass whooping. Liverpool are at home to Newcastle who are exactly like West Ham and have nothing to lose. We've got Cardiff who are fighting by the skins of their teeth to avoid relegation which means they're going to looking for a win more than anyone

True. But you also have to remember, most those guys now know how to win a title. Especially in such a dramatic way. They don't actually have a hurdle as big as us and Liverpool. Also key is, our trip to Liverpool and our last game of the season is away. The only time we've lost this season has been away.

City finish at home to West Ham, who are presumably safe now so West Ham will have no trouble taking an ass whooping. Liverpool are at home to Newcastle who are exactly like West Ham and have nothing to lose. We've got Cardiff who are fighting by the skins of their teeth to avoid relegation which means they're going to looking for a win more than anyone

good as long as they don't park the bus.

the thing is, we will not always be gifted a one-man advantage (yet we struggled) in an away match, so Mou has to pull something off really special. He needs to balance our resources in the curucial pool-altetico week + he has to find a new gameplan that let us win away matches more comfortably.

Considering everyone has that (well, City with two more), the odds are perhaps not in our favour. I still believe it's City's to lose, especially when we beat Liverpool.

City already lost it. They wont even beat Sunderland midweek. Its Liverpool to lose. I dont think we will beat Liverpool, and I think our players will be more concerned about UCL semi-finals. Liverpool probably will get a massive 3-0 result.

Liverpool again getting all the decisions and "luck". It seems the powers that be are hell bent on giving them the title this season. How Suarez was not booked for diving and sent off for a second yellow, I will never know. Man City should also have had two penalties. But I can't complain because a Liverpool win suits us the most.

Still, one can't help but to hope for a fair ref when we go to Anfield.

In recent times, scoring lots of goals and basically outscoring your opponent has been the key to winning the league. The last5 winners have generally being the highest scoring team in the league. man utd got by last season by outsocring everyone as their defence was god awful and liverpool are doing the same again. Hope I'm wrong regarding lfc.

City really are under pressure since its not theirs but Liverpool's title to lose after today's result. Now I'm pretty sure they are going to drop points at least in one of their remaining fixtures. Plus, if Yaya misses out, its gonna be even difficult to bridge the gap between defense and midfield.

We just have to focus on our games and the title is ours. Us- Pool at Anfield is going to be the title decider.

i dont care about pool. the point is, this is being discussed IF AND ONLY IF we win all our 4 remaining matches. like i said in my first post, IF we win all 4, we win the league. simple as that. if we cant win and infact IF we stumble against cardiff on the last day, knowing what the odds are, we dont DESERVE to win the league. so i dont get why you are taking other fixtures into account. cos if we win all 4 games, we finish above pool no matter what.

and in that case, city have everton away. the form in which everton have been. add to that a 4th spot fight, there u have your match equilvalent to pool vs chelsea. cant see city winning that match.

Am I missing something. Man City have two games in hand. If they win both, they go 1 point ahead of us, so we are still relying on them to draw one more game.

yes but they have to face everton and palace away.

when i said we WILL win the league, that was taking into account that city sans yaya is very likely to stumble and not win all 6 matches.

i dont care about pool. the point is, this is being discussed IF AND ONLY IF we win all our 4 remaining matches. like i said in my first post, IF we win all 4, we win the league. simple as that. if we cant win and infact IF we stumble against cardiff on the last day, knowing what the odds are, we dont DESERVE to win the league. so i dont get why you are taking other fixtures into account. cos if we win all 4 games, we finish above pool no matter what.

and in that case, city have everton away. the form in which everton have been. add to that a 4th spot fight, there u have your match equilvalent to pool vs chelsea. cant see city winning that match.

Because it's all relevant. You're right though, your post was on the assumption if we win all 4 games, which does make Liverpool irrelevant. But your conclusion is wrong if City win their remaining 6.. Which I believe they can do with Aguero returning.

City already lost it. They wont even beat Sunderland midweek. Its Liverpool to lose. I dont think we will beat Liverpool, and I think our players will be more concerned about UCL semi-finals. Liverpool probably will get a massive 3-0 result.

No way they will score 3 past a mourinho side. Honestly, they might have good, fast attackers, but playing without a real defensive midfielder like today, was a huge gamble and could easily have backfired. It will if Rodgers does this again vs us. We have more pace than City and we can punish pool. Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge running at our Matic-shielded record defense strikes me with less fear, than Hazard, Willian, Oscar running at a defense with Johnson and Flanagan that is protected by Gerrard. We got more experience in the squad and we got Mourinho. Liverpool and Rodgers know nothing about winning trophies. Their only advantage is our fatigue.

In recent times, scoring lots of goals and basically outscoring your opponent has been the key to winning the league. The last5 winners have generally being the highest scoring team in the league. man utd got by last season by outsocring everyone as their defence was god awful and liverpool are doing the same again. Hope I'm wrong regarding lfc.

But Mourinho defences are also just as likely to win the league.

Because it's all relevant. You're right though, your post was on the assumption if we win all 4 games, which does make Liverpool irrelevant. But your conclusion is wrong if City win their remaining 6.. Which I believe they can do with Aguero returning.

I don't think they will with Yaya probably out for the season.

P.S. I think you've said that your dad is a Liverpool fan? Scenes at your house probably. :lol:

yes but they have to face everton and palace away.

when i said we WILL win the league, that was taking into account that city sans yaya is very likely to stumble and not win all 6 matches.

Toure is out for the rest of the season apparently but Aguero is coming back. Having said that, you're right. At this stage, Liverpool is a greater threat and we have our destiny in our hands against them

my post was more what i believe WILL happen.

city can win all remaining 6 games but simply cant see them doing that with yaya out. he is their heart and soul.

No way they will score 3 past a mourinho side. Honestly, they might have good, fast attackers, but playing without a real defensive midfielder like today, was a huge gamble and could easily have backfired. It will if Rodgers does this again vs us. We have more pace than City and we can punish pool. Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge running at our Matic-shielded record defense strikes me with less fear, than Hazard, Willian, Oscar running at a defense with Johnson and Flanagan that is protected by Gerrard. We got more experience in the squad and we got Mourinho. Liverpool and Rodgers know nothing about winning trophies. Their only advantage is our fatigue.

But Mourinho defences are also just as likely to win the league.

Henderson will probably be suspended though, so they will start a real holding midfielder in Lucas Leiva. But I agree with your thought process. Fatigue is the biggest issue for us.

Henderson will probably be suspended though, so they will start a real holding midfielder in Lucas Leiva. But I agree with your thought process. Fatigue is the biggest issue for us.

The work Hendo puts in game changing though, there a reason he's started to so much on that team. Hendo has a been a great engine for them, rather have him out the Gerrard to be honest. Gerrard is sloppy we could use the fouls he gives away, it will be away but the refs are always watching him.