Can't believe people still think there's a title race. Nothing bar a season ending injury to Hazard will prevent us from winning the League.

Arsenal aren't going to win 14 League games in a row.

exactly.

Title over. Time to begin thinking about the team next season

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Memorable dates in Manchester City's Illustrious History:

1937: Division 1 Title Winners for the first time, under Wilf Wild

1956: FA Cup Winners under Les McDowall

1968: Division 1 Title Winners under Joe Mercer

1969: FA Cup Winners under Joe Mercer

1983: Yaya Toure is born

1984: Yaya Toure's 1st Birthday

1985: Yaya Toure's 2nd Birthday

1986: Yaya Toure's 3rd Birthday

1987: Yaya Toure's 4th Birthday

1988: Yaya Toure's 5th Birthday

1989: Yaya Toure's 6th Birthday

1990: Yaya Toure's 7th Birthday

1991: Yaya Toure's 8th Birthday

1992: Yaya Toure's 9th Birthday

1993: Yaya Toure's 10th Birthday

1994: Yaya Toure's 11th Birthday

1995: Yaya Toure's 12th Birthday

1996: Yaya Toure's 13th Birthday

1997: Yaya Toure's 14th Birthday

1998: Yaya Toure's 15th Birthday

1999: Yaya Toure's 16th Birthday

2000: Yaya Toure's 17th Birthday

2001: Yaya Toure's 18th Birthday

2002: Yaya Toure's 19th Birthday

2003: Yaya Toure's 20th Birthday

2004: Yaya Toure's 21st Birthday

2005: Yaya Toure's 22nd Birthday

2006: Yaya Toure's 23rd Birthday

2007: Yaya Toure's 24th Birthday

2008: Yaya Toure's 25th Birthday

2009: Yaya Toure's 26th Birthday

2010: Yaya Toure's 27th Birthday

2011: Yaya Toure's 28th Birthday; FA Cup Winners under Roberto Mancini

2012: Yaya Toure's 29th Birthday; Premier League Champions under Roberto Mancini

2013: Yaya Toure's 30th Birthday

2014: Yaya Toure's 31st Birthday; Premier League Champions under Manuel Pellegrini

ermmm I quite don't like this type of digs because that's the same nonsense Liverpool fans say to us as we got no history.

Can't believe people still think there's a title race. Nothing bar a season ending injury to Hazard will prevent us from winning the League.

Arsenal aren't going to win 14 League games in a row.

I think people don't truly realise Chelsea have lost only 3 games all season, 2 of them in the league. The team is not going to fall apart all of a sudden and lose 3 or 4 matches. 1 L max in the remaining 8 games.

And like you said, Arsenal are bound to drop points. They've won 7 (?) in a row, it's inevitable. They're not going to win next week. And the same goes for Utd and City.

ermmm I quite don't like this type of digs because that's the same nonsense Liverpool fans say to us as we got no history.

Not really it's just a piss take mainly of Toure. Don't take anything serious Scousers say mate the main thing there fans are known from history is bringing and using Stanley Knifes at football.

Let's not count our chickens before they hatch! It's a dangerous game.

Look at City and winning it in the last minute a few years back - you can be sure the TV companies and 'powers that be' would love a re-run of that scenario

Also opposition managers now have something else to motivate their team - don't let them win the title against us - blah blah.

This will test our mental strength to the limit

Expect a few twists and turns yet.

At 39 years old - all I can say is that the only guaranteed thing in life is death and taxes :)

It would take a collapse of Gerrardian proportions for us not to lift the title. If Arsenal reel off 15 straight wins one could say they deserve the title... Not gonna happen. Sorry. Not on Jose's watch.

Look at Arsenal Mania. They are really believing they can get the title off us. I'm sorry but we must win at QPR and Arsenal. Or at least draw with Arsenal. We cannot afford to lose to these teams. We must beat United as well, meaning our next 3 games will define the title race.

I'm being serious, no more playing average (or worse). We HAVE to win our next 3 games, then the title is 99% ours. And we must not lose at the Emirates.

But those tiny goons from Mania...wow. They really think we will drop a tonload of points and they will win all their games. LOL

We can afford to lose to all three, provided we win the other five :lol:

It would take a collapse of Gerrardian proportions for us not to lift the title. If Arsenal reel off 15 straight wins one could say they deserve the title... Not gonna happen. Sorry. Not on Jose's watch.

Well at least you acknowledge it's possible. :)

I'm pretty confident we will do it - but knowing Chelsea - we will not make this easy - when have we ever made anything easy.

That's my point though - if we start dropping points and the pressure builds - who knows how our team will react - we're still unproven in that respect.

Well at least you acknowledge it's possible. :)

I'm pretty confident we will do it - but knowing Chelsea - we will not make this easy - when have we ever made anything easy.

That's my point though - if we start dropping points and the pressure builds - who knows how our team will react - we're still unproven in that respect.

We've been the most consistent team in the Prem by far this year, of course its possible for us to slip up but the likelihood is highly unlikely.

I just can't see our squad blow this lead, 7pts and a game in hand is too much to lose at this point.

I think we got it wrapped up but I'm sure the mentality of the players and the manager will be completely different to that of mine.

Man U fan in here: This season was a wrap weeks ago. Congrats to Chelsea, you guys were truly the most consistent team in EPL. United and Arsenal had their fair share of ups and downs throughout the season. I just don't see how anyone can catch you guys. Next year will be different under the leadership of LVG.

Man U fan in here: This season was a wrap weeks ago. Congrats to Chelsea, you guys were truly the most consistent team in BPL. United and Arsenal had their fair share of ups and downs throughout the season. I just don't see how anyone can catch you guys. Next year will be different under the leadership of LVG.

It ain't over until the trophy is lifted in JT's arms.

Btw LVG seems to have turned a corner now with the team and finishing strong. Mata is a quality player that will do well for you guys for a long time yet. LVG will be given the funds to strengthen big in the summer. I expect you guys to have the biggest transfer kitty ever seen for your club.

Some of you need to be reminded that this is the Premier League. As I was reading through the pages of this thread it sort of reminded of all Liverpool fans last year where they thought the league's results were already decided before playing us and Palace.

We have some tough fixtures, QPR, United, Arsenal, Liverpool AND West Brom. Playing Tony Pulis' team away one week before the last fixture of the league makes me nervous as hell. I don't want to sound negative but with our recent form it wouldn't be surprising to see us drop points in most of these games. I want Jose the play fearlessly in these matches and not be conservative, it's about time we show what the champions look like...

Come on Chelsea!

Recent form?

We've lost 2 games, yes 2! All season. Why would we begin to lose games now?

If only losing 2 games doesn't show what champions look like, then what does?

Dont reckon we'd loose though when we have this year not exactly a small scoreline.Its the draws we need to avoid.So nearly drew against Hull and after being 2-0 up been so crap.My only concern is our ability to throw away a lead so many times.Cant do that especially with the games we have coming up.Need to remember how to defend hopefully starting with QPR

Our performances have turned a corner. The results might not be as flattering as some people would like. But starting second half of Southampton match and all of Stoke match we looked pretty much close of early season form.

I have absolutely no worries now, players have seemed to got by the tough period and are back on form.

Our 14-game unbeaten run at the start of the season is the longest made by any team in the Premier League this term.
We are currently unbeaten in 10 league games.

Second half of the season may have not been fancy football but the results are still there. Another reason why we deserve to win it.

Btw LVG seems to have turned a corner now with the team and finishing strong. Mata is a quality player that will do well for you guys for a long time yet. LVG will be given the funds to strengthen big in the summer. I expect you guys to have the biggest transfer kitty ever seen for your club.

I don't really get the praise that Van Gaal is getting all of a sudden.

All he has done is really what he should have done from the start - stop playing shitty tactics and play people in their right positions.

It's not rocket science really...