• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you need to be reminded that this is the Premier League. As I was reading through the pages of this thread it sort of reminded of all Liverpool fans last year where they thought the league's results were already decided before playing us and Palace.

We have some tough fixtures, QPR, United, Arsenal, Liverpool AND West Brom. Playing Tony Pulis' team away one week before the last fixture of the league makes me nervous as hell. I don't want to sound negative but with our recent form it wouldn't be surprising to see us drop points in most of these games. I want Jose the play fearlessly in these matches and not be conservative, it's about time we show what the champions look like...

Come on Chelsea!

Some of you need to be reminded that this is the Premier League. As I was reading through the pages of this thread it sort of reminded of all Liverpool fans last year where they thought the league's results were already decided before playing us and Palace.

We have some tough fixtures, QPR, United, Arsenal, Liverpool AND West Brom. Playing Tony Pulis' team away one week before the last fixture of the league makes me nervous as hell. I don't want to sound negative but with our recent form it wouldn't be surprising to see us drop points in most of these games. I want Jose the play fearlessly in these matches and not be conservative, it's about time we show what the champions look like...

Come on Chelsea!

b46346.jpg

A lot of people here will look stupid if we don't win the title :)

“Why are you so pessimistic in life? It's more difficult to succeed. You have to be optimistic. Maybe you are a guy with great potential and you don't move on because you're pessimistic. Be optimistic.

"Believe in yourself, be positive. We want to win against Southampton. We have 11 matches to play, an advantage of five points and one match in hand. We cannot promise we'll win every game, or even that we will win the PL, but we are optimistic. You look very pessimistic. I think you have to enjoy life in a different way.

Why are you so pessimistic in life? It's more difficult to succeed. You have to be optimistic. Maybe you are a guy with great potential and you don't move on because you're pessimistic. Be optimistic.

"Believe in yourself, be positive. We want to win against Southampton. We have 11 matches to play, an advantage of five points and one match in hand. We cannot promise we'll win every game, or even that we will win the PL, but we are optimistic. You look very pessimistic. I think you have to enjoy life in a different way.

:clap: one of the Mourinho quotes of the season :lol:

Am I being stupid or can we win it against Leicester?

If we win against QPR, United and Arsenal. A win against Leicester will take us 13 clear with 4 to play.

I am right there, right?

not quite City can still get to 82 under that scenario so it wouldn't be clinched unless they dropped points which could happen this weekend,

not quite City can still get to 82 under that scenario so it wouldn't be clinched unless they dropped points which could happen this weekend,

Which is a big possibility the way they and United are playing right now. Lol! So realistically we are looking at the Palace game. If not, Liverpool the week after.

Memorable dates in Manchester City's Illustrious History:

1937: Division 1 Title Winners for the first time, under Wilf Wild
1956: FA Cup Winners under Les McDowall
1968: Division 1 Title Winners under Joe Mercer
1969: FA Cup Winners under Joe Mercer
1983: Yaya Toure is born
1984: Yaya Toure's 1st Birthday
1985: Yaya Toure's 2nd Birthday
1986: Yaya Toure's 3rd Birthday
1987: Yaya Toure's 4th Birthday
1988: Yaya Toure's 5th Birthday
1989: Yaya Toure's 6th Birthday
1990: Yaya Toure's 7th Birthday
1991: Yaya Toure's 8th Birthday
1992: Yaya Toure's 9th Birthday
1993: Yaya Toure's 10th Birthday
1994: Yaya Toure's 11th Birthday
1995: Yaya Toure's 12th Birthday
1996: Yaya Toure's 13th Birthday
1997: Yaya Toure's 14th Birthday
1998: Yaya Toure's 15th Birthday
1999: Yaya Toure's 16th Birthday
2000: Yaya Toure's 17th Birthday
2001: Yaya Toure's 18th Birthday
2002: Yaya Toure's 19th Birthday
2003: Yaya Toure's 20th Birthday
2004: Yaya Toure's 21st Birthday
2005: Yaya Toure's 22nd Birthday
2006: Yaya Toure's 23rd Birthday
2007: Yaya Toure's 24th Birthday
2008: Yaya Toure's 25th Birthday
2009: Yaya Toure's 26th Birthday
2010: Yaya Toure's 27th Birthday
2011: Yaya Toure's 28th Birthday; FA Cup Winners under Roberto Mancini
2012: Yaya Toure's 29th Birthday; Premier League Champions under Roberto Mancini
2013: Yaya Toure's 30th Birthday
2014: Yaya Toure's 31st Birthday; Premier League Champions under Manuel Pellegrini

Come on Chelsea!

When were Liverpool 7 points clear of 2nd place with a game in hand?