• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truly, all we can hope for is fatigue becomes a factor for City. They will have more games to navigate but the opposition isn't exactly stellar. The London derbies we have coming up will be the key if you ask me.

If we go 9pts clear of City (albeit with 3 games in hand) the pressure will start to mount and then all we can do is hope mental fatigue and physical fatigue take their toll.

I said this laat week and I ll say it again. I am far more worried about pool than arsenal.

Arsenal are a bunch of fuckups who simply don't have the mettle to win. Pool on the other hand have fpund a system to work in despite glaring holes in defense n mid. Add to that the trip to anfield and it simply is not easy.

Most people have thought that Mourinho's been saying one thing to the media ('we can't win it') and another to the players ('we can win it') and I suspect this quote does imply that to be true:

"The first half was really bad for us, I didn't know if Fulham controlled us or we didn't start. I was really disappointed because before the match we said they cannot have more motivation than us because although they have big motivation because they need points to stay in the Premier League, they cannot have more desire than us because we also have our objectives."

Potentially a massive step next weekend.

No game for liverpool till they go to old trafford March 16th.

Citey have their FA cup game on Sunday.

Chels have sp*ds on the Saturday -with the enticement of another 3 points.

One Step Beyond...

You've all probably have already heard this, but I'll say it again: "Whenever a Mourinho team finishes February top of the league, they go on to win it."

I realize that counts for very little, but it's something to get hope from :)

Liverpool don't have any games apart from the league ones, huge advantage over us,City,Arsenal.

I know this has been discussed many times before, but I'd like to point out again that that isn't necessarily the case. For example, our congested fixtures last season really helped us achieve our objectives of top 3 and winning the EL. Our players always looked sharp and up for it and anyone who came into the team was in good form.

As Jose says (paraphrased because I can't remember the exact quote): You only get tired when you lose. Winning has a magical effect on players. You never get tired if you win no matter how close the games are.

The run-in...

RF_zpse55e6101.png

We could open up a 10-point gap on Arsenal and Liverpool if we win our next 2 games before they play because we face Villa on 15th March (Sat) and they play their respective matches on 16th March (Sun).

Also, needless to say that Arsenal's next 4 league games are massive and that is not even including the fact that they face Everton in the FA Cup and Bayern in the Champions League before those 4 games.

P.S. By the way, that City game against United is one of their 3 games in hand and it's a midweek game. Hence why the other 3 have no games then.

Edited by BluesMaster

I know this has been discussed many times before, but I'd like to point out again that that isn't necessarily the case. For example, our congested fixtures last season really helped us achieve our objectives of top 3 and winning the EL. Our players always looked sharp and up for it and anyone who came into the team was in good form.

As Jose says (paraphrased because I can't remember the exact quote): You only get tired when you lose. Winning has a magical effect on players. You never get tired if you win no matter how close the games are.

Our results after only 48 hours' rest have been really poor this season though. And Liverpool's results after their usual 1-week rest have been very good and like Mourinho said this is a big advantage because not only do they have more energy for the game they are better prepared tactically also.

Stoke, Sunderland... gives me more fear than Tottenham or Arsenal

Villa away as well. They were the better side in the game at the Bridge and we only won with a huge help from the ref (not sending Iva off) and the lino not spotting the offside for the winner.