They still have to play us and citeh at home and United away, so should be ok. But just the thought of it is like, fuck, the firsy time you saw The Exorcist or something, or when you know youre going to be sick.

Yesterday was bad enough!!Stuff of champions...ooooo its in the air...okay they won but they won due to a penalty!Werent the most amazing omg comeback....Its a horrible thought!

God knows when City going to play yesterdays game.Though guess if they get out the Champions League do it then?Or something..pick a result out the hat

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's their weakness at full squad strength, go on and enlighten us since you want to be a smart ass.

Its not about being a smart ass its about being realistic and not overrating City as if they are the best team on the planet!

Where do i start, well first of all there GK isn't world class, enough said. Kompany hasn't been great this season and the rest of City's CB's are no where near world class! and can easily be exposed by a bit a quality in the final third. Their LB's are decent but nothing special! and leave alot of space to get in behind them especially Kolarov. Their wide-men are also not great, Navas is decent but nothing special. Silva on the other side is one of their biggest weakness as he doesn't track back and always comes inside leaving his LB exposed! (see Ivanovic's goal against them) Y.Toure is also very average defensively, and has poor stamina, and as we can see without Fernandinho it leaves them more exposed as they have no replacement for him.

Then look at their style of play and see how open they leave themselves to get counter attacked and you can see, if any team defends well against them and counter attacks them with pace they can cause City so many problems as Chelsea and Norwich have shown in recent weeks!

They are a very good team, but to say they have no weaknesses is a joke! even the most biased City fans wouldn't make such a crazy statement!

Liverpool's sole advantage is the fact they don't have European football to contend with.

By the time the league cup final comes around, City will have two games in hand. The onus is on us to be six points clear by the time they come to play those matches, if not more than that. Technically, it's our's to lose, seeing as though if we match the results of the next best team, we'll win the league...

And that is why we gotta hope Arsenal and Man City beat Bayern and Barcelona respectively and progress further into the Champions League. If they get KOed in the Last 16 now, they can focus on the league and will be tough for us if we are to win the league (assuming we beat Galatasaray of course).

Yesterday was bad enough!!Stuff of champions...ooooo its in the air...okay they won but they won due to a penalty!Werent the most amazing omg comeback....Its a horrible thought!

God knows when City going to play yesterdays game.Though guess if they get out the Champions League do it then?Or something..pick a result out the hat

Can see it now, the media slomoing Sturridges spastic dance..history...blabla destiny...blabla. I will put my foot through the tv.

Tbh it's city's to lose. They have no weakness in any area of the pitch and bar a major injury crisis, I expect them to win it. They have also built the fear factor that utd enjoyed for so many years which many people underestimate in football. most teams fold mentally due to inferiority complex before the ball is even kicked which causes panic which leads to mistakes . . . .. .

You seriously couldnt noticed their awful defensive midfield? Toure and Fernandinho are both quality, but their defensive job. especially when teams counter attacking City, is just poor. Thats mainly because of Toure's laziness and poor stamina, and also the not-so-sophisticated Pellegrini and his tactics. I also think Navas is an average AM to have as a starter, he realy makes them predictable when they're struggle (whenever they're playing away), and their Central Defense is also quite poor as well.

If they had no weaknesses they would have had more points than us, at least.

And that is why we gotta hope Arsenal and Man City beat Bayern and Barcelona respectively and progress further into the Champions League. If they get KOed in the Last 16 now, they can focus on the league and will be tough for us if we are to win the league (assuming we beat Galatasaray of course).

I agree on ManCity... as for Arsenal their fixtures are enough to make them drop points like crazy. I've predicted them to drop 12 points in February/March. They've already dropped 5 and we're only mid-February.

I expect them to drop points to Stoke (a) (2), Tottenham (a)(2 or 3), Chelsea (a) (3), Manchester City (h) (2).

In April I think they'll be really challenged against Everton away and Hull away may be complicated too.

Now City is the one who's really challenging and I think the farther they go in UCL (no farther than SF though) the best for us. They've got two EPL matches postponed as it is now - one because of League Cup and the one against Sunderland. They'll have a crowded schedule and their depth isn't that great imo, especially in midfield and defense. The only position they have good depth (more than needed actually) is striker, but strikers alone won't make it when they need to rotate the team.

I agree that Liverpool may be concerning, but I'm still too much in they 'may' rather than they 'will'. One thing I'm completely sure, regardless of what their final positions will be, Liverpool will finish the league ahead of Arsenal. Liverpool have no other competitions (which is why it's important for them to advance in the FA Cup against Arsenal). They literally will play only once a week from March on (unless they continue in the FA) when all other teams fighting for the title have UCL matches in the mix playing twice a week. At the end of the season when the players are getting burnt out, that makes a whole difference imo.

Its not about being a smart ass its about being realistic and not overrating City as if they are the best team on the planet!

Where do i start, well first of all there GK isn't world class, enough said. Kompany hasn't been great this season and the rest of City's CB's are no where near world class! and can easily be exposed by a bit a quality in the final third. Their LB's are decent but nothing special! and leave alot of space to get in behind them especially Kolarov. Their wide-men are also not great, Navas is decent but nothing special. Silva on the other side is one of their biggest weakness as he doesn't track back and always comes inside leaving his LB exposed! (see Ivanovic's goal against them) Y.Toure is also very average defensively, and has poor stamina, and as we can see without Fernandinho it leaves them more exposed as they have no replacement for him.

Then look at their style of play and see how open they leave themselves to get counter attacked and you can see, if any team defends well against them and counter attacks them with pace they can cause City so many problems as Chelsea and Norwich have shown in recent weeks!

They are a very good team, but to say they have no weaknesses is a joke! even the most biased City fans wouldn't make such a crazy statement!

Thought i was the only one who saw this. Their is something in the water when it comes to over rating City.
I have seen people claim they will win the quad, some even suggesting they could turn out to be the best off all time, i have never seen a team have so much hype for so little.
Dont get me wrong they are a top team that will be up there this season and beyond, but quad? best team in the world? best team ever? not even close.

Thought i was the only one who saw this. Their is something in the water when it comes to over rating City.

I have seen people claim they will win the quad, some even suggesting they could turn out to be the best off all time, i have never seen a team have so much hype for so little.

Dont get me wrong they are a top team that will be up there this season and beyond, but quad? best team in the world? best team ever? not even close.

^This.

While city have a great squad they don't even come close to as great as some people have claimed them to be. I think a lot of it comes down to how much city had dominated us in the previous seasons that makes some of the posters here go OTT. City might very well be on their way for a domestic treble But it still does not justify saying things like city have no weakness. That is just wrong on so many levels.

^This.

While city have a great squad they don't even come close to as great as some people have claimed them to be. I think a lot of it comes down to how much city had dominated us in the previous seasons that makes some of the posters here go OTT. City might very well be on their way for a domestic treble But it still does not justify saying things like city have no weakness. That is just wrong on so many levels.

They've gotten lucky in so many big games aswell. Decisions going their way against Liverpool at Christmas, The game against Arsenal was crazy, and before our game at the FA Cup, They played us and Norwich without even scoring.

Think they'll crumble under pressure during the run in aswell.

Thank you. I laughed hard when I read people saying they'll win the treble. lol forever at how some overrate them.

Top team, but in no way they'll win the treble. Yeah, the EPL title is theirs to lose - and I think they might. They were never real contenders in UCL. They're faves in the domestic cups though. My bet is they'll end the season with two titles

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4G using Tapatalk