Well, that seems more like for personal pleasure as opposed to something that would benefit the team...

We had GC sayibg that we are on the right track to win titles after our win against city and something similar being said by JT after newcastle when on the same day jose said that we won't qin the title or something on that tune. What jose actually telss the players is unknown. The pressers are for the media, fans and external pressure on others. Don't think it effects our players ( benefits/ or not) in any way. I am pretty sire someone like jose would rather have a heart to heart with players than say something about them or the tean in the pressers.

So entertainment value aside don't aee how it would make a difference on our own players.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had GC sayibg that we are on the right track to win titles after our win against city and something similar being said by JT after newcastle when on the same day jose said that we won't qin the title or something on that tune. What jose actually telss the players is unknown. The pressers are for the media, fans and external pressure on others. Don't think it effects our players ( benefits/ or not) in any way. I am pretty sire someone like jose would rather have a heart to heart with players than say something about them or the tean in the pressers.

So entertainment value aside don't aee how it would make a difference on our own players.

Even you said it wouldn't make a difference and so, why even bother wasting time sending this message out?

Mourinho would obviously know the team is in it but don't think he needs to shout that out in any way at all. The media, pundits, journalists etc all know we are in it and they will only crank up the pressure in whatever way possible on the team to win the title. Being in the title race now is already a pressure itself and if we can minimize the pressure from external 'factors', the better. We all know the others like to see us fail and can't wait for it to happen. Such pressure, at least for now, could affect the team in a negative way when this group of players are still immature if you like in winning league titles and dealing the pressure that comes with it. And about pissing other managers off, well just look at what happened with Pellegrini few weeks ago when Mourinho was drilling in the 'little horse' analogy and all. Better when others get riled up by a not-so-obvious comment as opposed to an obvious one.

Even you said it wouldn't make a difference and so, why even bother wasting time sending this message out?

Mourinho would obviously know the team is in it but don't think he needs to shout that out in any way at all. The media, pundits, journalists etc all know we are in it and they will only crank up the pressure in whatever way possible on the team to win the title. Being in the title race now is already a pressure itself and if we can minimize the pressure from external 'factors', the better. We all know the others like to see us fail and can't wait for it to happen. Such pressure, at least for now, could affect the team in a negative way when this group of players are still immature if you like in winning league titles and dealing the pressure that comes with it. And about pissing other managers off, well just look at what happened with Pellegrini few weeks ago when Mourinho was drilling in the 'little horse' analogy and all. Better when others get riled up by a not-so-obvious comment as opposed to an obvious one.

I said it would not affect our players. My whole point is about jose getting the others riled up and adding preaaurr on TheM. The little horae analigy was vefore the nirwich match and I am pretty sure jose will have a new awesome analigy when he changes his tune about us being right there. I for one simpmt cabt wait for that day to hear whT he says then to add that pressyre.

As for "external" presaure and player mentality, I just can't see it affecting us wrongly when u have josr.

I said it would not affect our players. My whole point is about jose getting the others riled up and adding preaaurr on TheM. The little horae analigy was vefore the nirwich match and I am pretty sure jose will have a new awesome analigy when he changes his tune about us being right there. I for one simpmt cabt wait for that day to hear whT he says then to add that pressyre.

As for "external" presaure and player mentality, I just can't see it affecting us wrongly when u have josr.

Pressure has a funny way of messing people up especially in such cases when this team hasn't won league titles together. There are things even Mourinho himself can't control or manage 100%.

Pressure has a funny way of messing people up especially in such cases when this team hasn't won league titles together. There are things even Mourinho himself can't control or manage 100%.

Same things apply for our competitors too. Arsenal and piol have not won anything for ages except for maybe a carling cup. City barely won the league deapite being in cruise control and theb bottling it badly.

Arsenal and pool are still in our hands. We have a game against those 2 each and those results will now have a mega pact on the title race. Plus u do expect arsenal ( atleast if not pool) to self destruct. Obe team that might not do so is city and jose's war of words will have some part to play. Atleast that's what I feel.

Infact of these 4 teams , the team I least expect to fall prey to external pressure is us.

Same things apply for our competitors too. Arsenal and piol have not won anything for ages except for maybe a carling cup. City barely won the league deapite being in cruise control and theb bottling it badly.

Arsenal and pool are still in our hands. We have a game against those 2 each and those results will now have a mega pact on the title race. Plus u do expect arsenal ( atleast if not pool) to self destruct. Obe team that might not do so is city and jose's war of words will have some part to play. Atleast that's what I feel.

Infact of these 4 teams , the team I least expect to fall prey to external pressure is us.

Couldn't care less about how others deal with pressure and just know that inviting any unnecessary pressure from outside to ourselves is just plain silly. Mourinho will only look silly if he continues to rile up others and either Arsenal, City or even Liverpool win the title.

Arsenal may have a self-implosion record and it might well happen again but not jumping into the bandwagon like others thinking they will bottle it like always. This season has been crazily unpredictable enough and sooner or later, Arsenal will break that mental barrier anyway. Nothing is a foregone conclusion at this point.

Couldn't care less about how others deal with pressure and just know that inviting any unnecessary pressure from outside to ourselves is just plain silly. Mourinho will only look silly if he continues to rile up others and either Arsenal, City or even Liverpool win the title.

Arsenal may have a self-implosion record and it might well happen again but not jumping into the bandwagon like others thinking they will bottle it like always. This season has been crazily unpredictable enough and sooner or later, Arsenal will break that mental barrier anyway. Nothing is a foregone conclusion at this point.

Seems like we have 2 very differenr approaches here. I woukd like jose to go on the offensive whicj I have no doubt that he will before the end of the season even if its at the expense of addibg a littke pressure. On the other habd u woukd take a no risk approach. Simply never sits right with me.

Arsenal have AKREADYA bottled a lot this season. 9 points in 8 games against top 7 teams with trips to sb, goodiaon and white hart lane left. The trend of bottling when it matters the most has unsuprisingky continued.

Seems like we have 2 very differenr approaches here. I woukd like jose to go on the offensive whicj I have no doubt that he will before the end of the season even if its at the expense of addibg a littke pressure. On the other habd u woukd take a no risk approach. Simply never sits right with me.

Agree to disagree then. Perhaps, I'm just more of a conservative thinking person.....

Arsenal have AKREADYA bottled a lot this season. 9 points in 8 games against top 7 teams with trips to sb, goodiaon and white hart lane left. The trend of bottling when it matters the most has unsuprisingky continued.

Yet they are only 1 point off top spot. United, after all, won the title few seasons ago by bashing up the smaller teams while failing to beat the bigger ones.

Yet they are only 1 point off top spot. United, after all, won the title few seasons ago by bashing up the smaller teams while failing to beat the bigger ones.

I probably dint put the point well. It should have beeb that despite being so consistent against lower teams ( with all due respect), arsenal still find thensekves a point behind us and 2 pointa ahead of city with a game nore. That has to be the definition of bottking. Anyways its atsenal with a game at the bridge left, so not as worried as about city or even pool for that matter.

I probably dint put the point well. It should have beeb that despite being so consistent against lower teams ( with all due respect), arsenal still find thensekves a point behind us and 2 pointa ahead of city with a game nore. That has to be the definition of bottking. Anyways its atsenal with a gane at the bridhe left, so not as worried as I about citt or even pool for that matter.

Doesn't change the fact they are still in the title race and have a good chance of winning it...

Doesn't change the fact they are still in the title race and have a good chance of winning it...

yes but tge argument was more about arsenal not bottling it. I never once said arsenal are not in the race but simply that its the continuation of the same old trend.

yes but tge argument was more about arsenal not bottling it. I never once said arsenal are not in the race but simply that its the continuation of the same old trend.

But one of the points you made earlier was on about Arsenal eventually self-destructing in the title race and I disputed it which eventually led to this whole 'bottling it' notion against big/smaller teams..

But one of the points you made earlier was on about Arsenal eventually self-destructing in the title race and I disputed it which eventually led to this whole 'bottling it' notion against big/smaller teams..

the self destructing and the bottling argumwnt were the sane ones. Just different terminologies. And I gave facts for that arfgumwnt. Arsenal have been pathwtic against top teams, plus out of the 11 left matchea they have 4 matxhea against top 7 twams left which includea 3 away trips (including onw to sb) while the only homw game is against city. If they xontinue the trend, they won't be able to simply make up for it by other teans dropping points against snaller teams.