I still dont understand. So if we lose our next 3 games and Arsenal catch up but then lose their last game, we still win the league by winning more points. What difference does it make? People will literally bring up any excuse to discredit us winning the league.

What Boshman is saying is he wants us to win the title on our own terms. So when we went to Bolton in 2005 win the game win the league, same as Man U in 2006 and Wigan in 2010. The last thing you need is a City- United scenario of a couple of years ago injury time United champions Aguero scores City champions.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still dont understand. So if we lose our next 3 games and Arsenal catch up but then lose their last game, we still win the league by winning more points. What difference does it make? People will literally bring up any excuse to discredit us winning the league.

I'm not trying to discredit us winning the league. What are you talking about? In fact if you read every post I have made on this forum it is the complete opposite.

I'm not talking about literally handing being handed the title like City last season. Look at the examples I gave. We drew with Arsenal 1-1 in 07. United won the title without even playing.

Again, you actually read my previous posts the most important thing is the title is secured any which way possible. My point is, I would prefer to go out there and pick the points up ourselves. Like against Bolton in 05.

One was one of the biggest FA Cup shocks and the other, one of the best Premier League goals in history. No Chelsea fan is going to enjoy them but these things happen. It happens to other teams as well. Take it on the chin and move on.

and in a way Bradford wasn't a shock as we were so poor!

Let's hope we don't have any more moments by going stupid and letting the league go..

Because every time the F.A. cup is mentioned they will show that bloody Bradford game, and i've already seen that fucking Charlie Adam goal about 30 times and it's only 12 hours ago.

Now just imagine being a Liverpool fan and seeing that Gerard slip over and over and over again :D

Winning the league with the table being as it is right now with Arsenal second seems like a sweeter scenario to me than having City second. Second place is the one that hurts the most some say.

Its almost over. Its shocking that Arsenal is not going to win this year, because they squad is just better than ours, specially in attacking terms. Mourinho factor will explain the table at this moment.

Its almost over. Its shocking that Arsenal is not going to win this year, because they squad is just better than ours, specially in attacking terms. Mourinho factor will explain the table at this moment.

lol what? Arsenal have more options in midfield, i'll give them that, and i would also say Sanchez-Ozil-Cazorla is equal or maybe even better AMs trio than Hazard-Oscar-Willian (only when Ozil is actually playing, not sleeping like he did in most of this season), but thats it.

Matic-Cesc are miles better than what they got in Central Midfield, our GK is far better, our Strikers are better, our RBs are better, our LBs are better. In CBs i would call it a tie, but still JT is the best out of both teams imo (and than Koscielny).

So, i would call it another nice try from you to be the provocative one, not more.

Winning the league with the table being as it is right now with Arsenal second seems like a sweeter scenario to me than having City second. Second place is the one that hurts the most some say.

don't think hurt arsenal so much given their record at just making top 4.City however

Am I the only one who doesnt give a fuck about that Adam goal, since we are finaly set to win the title again?!?

Relax, barca got destroyed by bayern two years ago, bayern got destroyed by real last year, we won vs psg last year, lost this year...things in football likely go around and come around.

Seriously I couldnt give a flying fuck if we conceded best goal ever in history of football. Because at the end of season, we will stand and raise the trophy. And FA can put something in their arse for all I care. I dont care if whole world and every single media puts all possible shit on our team, Im used to it, we are Chelsea after all. But in the end, seeing Terry, Drogba, Cech, Mou and rest lifting title (some for last time) will bring smile to my face, becuase all I care about is Chelsea.

It happens, but its ok as long season finishes of well, and with PL and Carling, Im more than happy if we manage to complete finish it.

P.S.: I hope this wont jinx our title run :blue scalf:

This is my opinion on championships: don't get choosy over how you win them.

Whether you win it in your own game or via help on the out-of-town scoreboard, you take it however you can get it. Some people go their whole lives without seeing their team win a title.

I can't understand how anyone can consider Arsenal to be title contenders. Their max points is 84 and that is if they win all of their remaining games which includes us and United.

It ain't gonna happen, they are a bunch of chokers. As soon as they get a sniff of the title they'll start dropping points again. Almost none of their players have the spine and character necessary to carry them through tough moments

don't think hurt arsenal so much given their record at just making top 4.City however

I spoke to some friends who are Arsenal fans. They think they can challenge for the title and that they will beat us easily at the Emirates. Said to me that when Stoke was 1-1 hopes were rising.

The scenario of giving hope to Arsenal and taking that away soon after just excites me more.

I don't like City either but since

1) i don't have any friends that are City fans, 2) they are recent rivals compared to others, i don't care about hurting them that much.

I can't understand how anyone can consider Arsenal to be title contenders. Their max points is 84 and that is if they win all of their remaining games which includes us and United.

It ain't gonna happen, they are a bunch of chokers. As soon as they get a sniff of the title they'll start dropping points again. Almost none of their players have the spine and character necessary to carry them through tough moments

Because they are really hot at the moment, 7 wins in a row isn't nothing. They are only 1 pt behind City if City wins tonight. Plus Arsenal have the easiest fixtures left, they only have United and us as tough games.

To be honest, without the FA campaign there wasn't a title race at all.

Burnley - 2 pens not awarded, cards not given to that cunt but to Matic. Lost 2 points.

Southampton (a) - pen not awarded, 2 points lost.

Southampton (h) - our pen not awarded but their doubtful pen given, 2 points lost.

Spurs - pen not given, we lost in the end but could've had 1 point at least.

7 points taken away from us at least, for whatever reasons. I was really suprised with the penalty against Stoke, our first in 5 months.