Jase

Man of the Match  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic performance. Looked solid in defence (goal aside) and played some beautiful stuff going forwards, but had our fair share of luck too. Eto'o took his goal well but Mignolet should've done better, and Webb did us a massive favour not giving them a penalty at the end.

Oscar and Hazard were absolutely fantastic and Mourinho's decision to leave Mata out seems entirely justified now which begs the question whether we need a £35 million player in demand on the bench.

Great to see progress being made in what we're trying to do on the pitch though. We just need that striker.

Howard Webb has always been a pretty shit ref..nothing new and shocking has come from today

Webb's a great ref.....today he made some bad calls though and we seemed to benefit from the major ones. The scousers have a right to feel aggrieved but we really should've been out of sight.

Bloody fantastic win, bloody fantastic display. Thought Cahill was great in defence and Luiz was superb in midfield.And Hazard ?? What a performance. His goal was a joy to behold. This is how I want to see Chelsea play in the future. We actually looked menacing today and no team could have stayed with us. When we play at that pace we are unbeatable. 7 points from 9 over Xmas, not a bad return.

Maybe now we will have the belief to on and really show how we CAN play...You know it's really gives me a warm feeling to beat them scouse fu@kers :blue scalf:

He is a ******* horrendous ref, can't stand him

There are refs who would've sent off both Oscar and Lucas but he tends to be a lot more lenient and allows matches to run freely, especially the big ones.

The only criticism he deserves today should come from the Liverpool fans. We should just say thank you and keep our heads down because we got away with some stuff today.

He's only lenient on their side, Lucas had done a bung if bad tackles already and should have been off. Suarez's constant diving he should have been booked. The times he did give us a free kick he never bloody booked them.

Let's forget Howard, we did brilliant today that is all that matters.

If you have to bring a 16yo as a sub in the (what?) 70th minute of a match against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, you deserve to lose.

I mean, as good as we were, that kid was completely out of his depth.

It was a naive decision be Rodgers, very naive. That kid probably has talent, but mentally he couldn't have been less ready if he tried.

It's a cliche saying 'kids aren't ready', but 99 times out of 100 they aint. We made the right decision letting McEachran and Chalobah especially develop their skills away from the spotlight.

The only criticism he deserves today should come from the Liverpool fans. We should just say thank you and keep our heads down because we got away with some stuff today.

True, but last season Suarez equalized in this fixture after fouling Ramires, and im not even going to bother commenting on the Anfield game.

They got lucky against us last season, now it's the other way around, they should just accept what comes around, goes around and move on.

No one will say it but Lampard's injury hurt us in the 2nd half. We seemed to lose control of the game when he went off.

And it's not just in this game that Frank's presence in central midfield has been influential. I said it before in the Lampard thread & I'll say it again, lately (particularly this month) he's been among our top performing players. It could be because Mourinho has been rotating him more with Mikel & Essien which might explain why he's looked sharper than he did before when he was basically playing every game. Whatever the reason is, he's put in a couple of really top performances this month. According to Choulo though, that's a "largely unpopular opinion". :dunno:

And it's not just in this game that Frank's presence in central midfield has been influential. I said it before in the Lampard thread & I'll say it again, lately (particularly this month) he's been among our top performing players. It could be because Mourinho has been rotating him more with Mikel & Essien which might explain why he's looked sharper than he did before when he was basically playing every game. Whatever the reason is, he's put in a couple of really top performances this month. According to Choulo though, that's a "largely unpopular opinion". :dunno:

Dee I was never arguing with you !!! :blush::blush::blush:

Absolutely brilliant. These sort of wins are the best, so much more satisfying than a 6-0 against someone shit. When jt, luiz and Cahill are all on their knees, barely able to stand up for the last few minutes of added time you know they've given everything and that we deserved to win. The whole team was brilliant, especially the attacking midfielders. So proud of them. Support was very good too, we showed the self proclaimed best fans in Europe what real support is.

Don't give a fuck if Suarez should have had a penalty. He's a cheating bastard. He almost cost us a place in the Champions League when he scored last season when he shouldn't have been on the pitch.