Jase

Man of the Match  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite the goal Eto'o was still quite poor. Luckily his stupid tackle on Suarez didn't cost us the game.

I love this stuff. The guys the match winner and he calls him poor... LOL The objective of every striker is to score goals, when they do, particularly when its a match winner its job done.

I love this stuff. The guys the match winner and he calls him poor... LOL The objective of every striker is to score goals, when they do, particularly when its a match winner its job done.

LOL as hard as you want, if you don't think he was poor then we were clearly watching different match. Good goal though I will give you that.

My two cents worth...

A few things really stuck out for me today, Eden Hazard is blossoming right before our eyes. Every time he gets on the ball, whether it be in space or in tight spots, he's looking extremely dangerous. This team is ever so slowly starting to become his team... You can tell everyone is starting to elevate their game at this time of year but he's taking it to another level.

If we actually cultured David Luiz in a midfielder would there be any need for Pogba or whoever else you can throw out? Here's what I see about him, he has great ball winning instincts but is sometimes a bit too rash. He has good defensive awareness for a CB but as a DM it is exceptional. He's at his best when he has the ball in possession and loves marauding forward. He is a fantastic long range passer and can deal with aerials well... Honestly, Chelsea need to do the right thing after the world cup and train him for DM... it will save us from having to buy big (€45m for Matic??? really??) And focus on other areas on the pitch. He can play there and can probably be one of the best in the world if given time to adjust.

Eto'o was fantastic today. The goal is precisely what has been missing from our strikers, not the actual goal but how it was scored. Timed it perfectly to get in front of Skrtel and just stabbed at it with his left. That sort of hunger and awareness got the ball across the line, kudos to him.

Its says something about our squad when we lose Ivanovic at RB and his substitute is Ashley Cole... That is the reason I feel we're gonna win the league, by comparison Liverpool lost Joe Allen and brought on some dude name Brad Smith?

I didn't like Oscar game all the much today. Felt like on the key areas on the pitch to manufacture a scoring chance he often picked the wrong option, dwelled on the ball or gave it away. He worked hard but his final third work wasn't quite there....

Vital win where we basically showed our depth of squad against a top 4 contender, if we manage to get a striker, with Hazard an emerging world beater, we can be deadly... Disgustingly DEADLY

LOL as hard as you want, if you don't think he was poor then we were clearly watching different match. Good goal though I will give you that.

You got Drogba on your kit but you don't know what a striker is... Objective: Score goals and provide outlets for midfielders, did that to a tee... Almost had two goals today as a matter of fact.

My two cents worth...

A few things really stuck out for me today, Eden Hazard is blossoming right before our eyes. Every time he gets on the ball, whether it be in space or in tight spots, he's looking extremely dangerous. This team is ever so slowly starting to become his team... You can tell everyone is starting to elevate their game at this time of year but he's taking it to another level.

If we actually cultured David Luiz in a midfielder would there be any need for Pogba or whoever else you can throw out? Here's what I see about him, he has great ball winning instincts but is sometimes a bit too rash. He has good defensive awareness for a CB but as a DM it is exceptional. He's at his best when he has the ball in possession and loves marauding forward. He is a fantastic long range passer and can deal with aerials well... Honestly, Chelsea need to do the right thing after the world cup and train him for DM... it will save us from having to buy big (€45m for Matic??? really??) And focus on other areas on the pitch. He can play there and can probably be one of the best in the world if given time to adjust.

Eto'o was fantastic today. The goal is precisely what has been missing from our strikers, not the actual goal but how it was scored. Timed it perfectly to get in front of Skrtel and just stabbed at it with his left. That sort of hunger and awareness got the ball across the line, kudos to him.

Its says something about our squad when we lose Ivanovic at RB and his substitute is Ashley Cole... That is the reason I feel we're gonna win the league, by comparison Liverpool lost Joe Allen and brought on some dude name Brad Smith?

I didn't like Oscar game all the much today. Felt like on the key areas on the pitch to manufacture a scoring chance he often picked the wrong option, dwelled on the ball or gave it away. He worked hard but his final third work wasn't quite there....

Vital win where we basically showed our depth of squad against a top 4 contender, if we manage to get a striker, with Hazard an emerging world beater, we can be deadly... Disgustingly DEADLY

Eto'o was poor today, other than the goal which was a good finish, he was fairly quiet.

Also, when Ivanovic got injured, the only real option from the bench was Ashley Cole.

Eto'o was poor today, other than the goal which was a good finish, he was fairly quiet.

Also, when Ivanovic got injured, the only real option from the bench was Ashley Cole.

Really? Are you forgetting the effort that was parried away in the second half? Are you forgetting the link up plays he had with Oscar and Hazard? What about his game was poor?

You're confusing... That's the point!!! Ivanovic comes off and his sub is an England international. Who were you expecting, Mata?

Really? Are you forgetting the effort that was parried away in the second half? Are you forgetting the link up plays he had with Oscar and Hazard? What about his game was poor?

I thought his game overall was one of his worse here, usually what Eto'o brings that Torres and Ba don't is vastly superior technical ability, even if he is not playing well he will atleast get the ball and keep the ball firmly planted to his feet before giving it to a teammate, today i felt he lost it cheaply, which wasn't like him atall.

But like you said he got the winner (Cardiff was a winner because he got the 2nd in a 4-1, Schalke was a winner because he got the first in a 3-0), so happy days.

Doesn't matter. The fact is, Chelsea didn't have enough in centre midfield before the summer window closed. I'm happy that Frank has been doing well recently, but he shouldn't have been expected to play as a starter in a 4231 formation every week or sometimes more than once per week. Chelsea need someone quicker who can drive past defenders with the ball and come up quickly for support on the left side while also being strong in front of the CBs.

But makelele has retired.

Doesn't matter. The fact is, Chelsea didn't have enough in centre midfield before the summer window closed. I'm happy that Frank has been doing well recently, but he shouldn't have been expected to play as a starter in a 4231 formation every week or sometimes more than once per week. Chelsea need someone quicker who can drive past defenders with the ball and come up quickly for support on the left side while also being strong in front of the CBs.

We need another central midfielder. Most would probably agree.

But it's sad to see how much under-appreciation there is for Frank on here sometimes. His performances hasn't all been stellar, but also doesn't merit the criticisms he's received. There's a reason why, behind Hazard & Terry, he's our 3rd highest rated player on squawka.

This month though, he's taken his game up to a higher level & his performance in the 1st half against Liverpool is the kind of performances he's been putting in regularly all month. I'm just happy that he seems to be finally getting some recognition. Hopefully he can maintain this good form when he returns from injury.

In any case, we put in a very good team performance against Liverpool and it looks like more of the players are beginning to raise their game. We've been lucky that Terry has been so consistent, but now's the time we really need to see that consistency from the others.

But makelele has retired.

If Maka was around today, he would have to adapt a bit and work on his attacking side a bit more, such is the demand for players to be good at both aspects of the game these days.

Even the CB's are expected to chip in with their fair share of goals, Nesta for example only ever got 13, how many CB's playing today (over 25) have that low a tally? Varane is already half way there and he's 20.

Also with every passing year it's getting more important that keepers are good with their feet, that aspect is only going to continue evolving, give it 10 years and 'sweeper keepers' will be an important tactical aspect off the game.

Is there any talkchelsea manager who got something to say?? don't be shy. i am really sorry for it seem you some of them if not all have faint heart that why are shaking their ass off

get yourselves together and be strong backing the one Chelsea manager

Put your transfer in, pull your transfer out,

In out in out, you fuck your club about,

You do the Luis Suarez and you change your mind,

That's what its all about!!!

Ohhhh, Suarez is a wanker,

Knees bent, arms stretched.

DIVE! DIVE! DIVE!