Fredy Guarin

xPetrCechx

I would like him a lot more if he didn't attempt so many long range shots, really ridicules the amounts of attempt he takes. But he is definitely an upgrade to what we have. A Ramires and Guarin partnership is something i am looking forward too.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen him play a few times. I don't have much of an opinion on him.

I would rather a cheaper player turn out to be a good player, rather than an expensive one turning out to be another flop.

Nothing can be worse than our current midfield

If we got Fellaini for £28m in the summer I wonder how people will react now...

Upgrade maybe, but he offers nothing different, nothing new.

Nothing new, no, but at least he can run (which makes him a better option than Essien) and he can also shoot (which makes him infinitely superior to Sideways-Pass-Obi-Mikel).

If we got Fellaini for £28m in the summer I wonder how people will react now...

Not too long ago, Fellaini was considered as a fantastic (possible) addition by the majority on here. Gotta love the football world haha.

Not too long ago, Fellaini was considered as a fantastic (possible) addition by the majority on here. Gotta love the football world haha.

And people were championing the idea of spending £40m plus on hulk before he joined zenith.

I have always said, we could buy Andy Carroll for £45m and the "always look on the bright side of life" fans will still put a positive spin on it. "Carroll was a beast at newcastle before joining the scousers, he will regain his old form as he's still young so have faith. jose knows what he's doing.

I don't get this sudden obsession with new and different deep lying playmakers. We've always done very well without one, and we need power and strength, especially now that our attacking midfielders don't provide any. The problem right now isn't that we have players like Lampard and Essien. It's that we have old and broken-down versions of them. I would take guys like Matic and Guarin any day of the week because that's Chelsea football to me.

We need someone world-class in that position, no more mediocrity... It might sound spoiled but this is so important for this team.. no reason to gamble.

Why buy another workhorse when we'd have Ramires next to him?

I don't get this sudden obsession with new and different deep lying playmakers. We've always done very well without one, and we need power and strength, especially now that our attacking midfielders don't provide any. The problem right now isn't that we have players like Lampard and Essien. It's that we have old and broken-down versions of them. I would take guys like Matic and Guarin any day of the week because that's Chelsea football to me.

Because every top and dominant team in the ever evolving modern game has/had one. Domestically or in Europe with the exception of Utd. Barca-Xavi, Bayern-bastian, Dortmund-sahin/Gundogan, Juve-Pirlo, Madrid- Alonso etc. In the modern game where possession is key, you need atleast one of these type of players in your team as they are the glue that knits everything together and central component to possession based teams. It's no coincidence that we always struggle to control games against other top teams and even against some lesser teams regularly.

Because every top and dominant team in the ever evolving modern game has/had one. Domestically or in Europe with the exception of Utd. Barca-Xavi, Bayern-bastian, Dortmund-sahin/Gundogan, Juve-Pirlo, Madrid- Alonso etc. In the modern game where possession is key, you need atleast one of these type of players in your team as they are the glue that knits everything together and central component to possession based teams. It's no coincidence that we always struggle to control games against other top teams and even against some lesser teams regularly.

Utd had Scholes.

And even if you do want go for power, Lampard and Essien in their prime were in a different class compared to Guarin. And I'm sorry but a midfield-three consisting of Ramires, Mikel and Guarin sounds awful.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You