Fredy Guarin

xPetrCechx

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that, friend :)

So......I make the exact same points and get slated, he makes the points and gets a whole bunch of likes? :lol: I'm just glad that someone proved that what I was saying is what Inter fans think.

The Inter fan provided an unbiased analysis of him as a player whereas you were saying stuff like him being technically poor and just saying he's a below average player etc.

The Inter fan provided an unbiased analysis of him as a player whereas you were saying stuff like him being technically poor and just saying he's a below average player etc.

Alright, quote one of my posts where I said either of those things. The only thing I said differently was about his passing which I still think is below average if Jose wants to play him in the pivot.

LOL Seriously? To start with he's more naturally an attacking midfielder than a CM. That's where he's played for most of the season. Second, he's no where near Chelsea quality. He's strong and can run all day, but apart from that, he brings next to nothing.

BS story, imo.

The difference is that Guarin does not have the natural ability of a CM, especially on the ball. That's why Matzarri is playing him as an attacking midfielder when Inter are seriously lacking a central midfielder. He prefers to play Kovasic, who is an attacking midfielder, at CM for his passing and general ability on the ball and plays Fredy as an attacking midfielder to use his physical attributes for Inter's pressing system.

LOL Seriously? To start with he's more naturally an attacking midfielder than a CM. That's where he's played for most of the season. Second, he's no where near Chelsea quality. He's strong and can run all day, but apart from that, he brings next to nothing.

BS story, imo.

And that is exactly what the Inter fan said: He plays as an attacking midfielder not a CM and what his brings to the team is his physical attributes.

People thinks Guarin is a CM, but in Inter with Stramaccioni and Mazzari had played / is playing as attacking midfielder centre

- He's a bull! very phisical player, opponets has difficult to stop him.

I still believe he is not Chelsea quality and I bet if you ask I bet if you ask the Inter fan if Guarin can be a player for a team who wants to win the PL and compete in Europe he'll say the exact same.

Alright, quote one of my posts where I said either of those things. The only thing I said differently was about his passing which I still think is below average if Jose wants to play him in the pivot.

The bold part is not really true. He's very strong and can run all day, but his technical ability on the ball is rather weak. His best attribute is his pressing and defending. Just don't give him the ball on the attack.

18m :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nope, sorry. Still a long way from buying this rumor. Jose has said twice already that we won't make any signings in Jan and I'm pretty sure we won't break that to pay 18m for a below-average player that doesn't fit in our team.

Straight from the horse's ass.

Don't really have any feeling either way to the signing.

In the past when i feel that, they turn out to be really good (Schurrle, Ramires) or flop (Pizzaro), i would say Zhirkov but the part he played in our run up to the title in 2010 (particularly against Bolton) means he was worth every penny, even if he didn't have the best of times overall.

Straight from the horse's ass.

Yeah, I said he's rather technically weak not tactically. And I still stand by it. The Inter fan didn't say any differently. He said that his best attributes are the physical ones, he said nothing about his technical ability. He said he had powerful shots (which I said as well) but he shoots too much sometimes from 50 yards and doesn't hit the target (which I think I said as well). He said that sometimes his passing is way off and he tries to dribble too much and loses possession. All I did was translate those three things into " his technical ability on the ball is rather weak".

Below average player was probably an exaggeration and I didn't think I'd said it because it's really not my opinion of the guy. But he's nothing more than average and that is also the view of most Inter fans.

The main difference between my posts and his is that I was trying to highlight how he doesn't fit what we want for the pivot while he was just describing him in general.

I mean he's top assister for Inter and did a amazing pass today. He doesn't start for Colombia. But when he plays he does amazing passes more often than not.

Like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0Us1OsbFfc#t=463

or this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fuyUCTLTJQ#t=172

I mean he's top assister for Inter and did a amazing pass today. He doesn't start for Colombia. But when he plays he does amazing passes more often than not.

Like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0Us1OsbFfc#t=463

or this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fuyUCTLTJQ#t=172

Being capable of making great passes on occasions does not make a player a good passer especially when he very often misplaces regular passes. Passing is about consistency, especially if he is going to play in the pivot.

He is a pretty good crosser, though.

Yeah, I said he's rather technically weak not tactically. And I still stand by it. The Inter fan didn't say any differently. He said that his best attributes are the physical ones, he said nothing about his technical ability. He said he had powerful shots (which I said as well) but he shoots too much sometimes from 50 yards and doesn't hit the target (which I think I said as well). He said that sometimes his passing is way off and he tries to dribble too much and loses possession. All I did was translate those three things into " his technical ability on the ball is rather weak".

Below average player was probably an exaggeration and I didn't think I'd said it because it's really not my opinion of the guy. But he's nothing more than average and that is also the view of most Inter fans.

The main difference between my posts and his is that I was trying to highlight how he doesn't fit what we want for the pivot while he was just describing him in general.

I think thats the main issue...he's not going to massively improve our midfield.

The major concern with signing Guarin is that the defensive side of our pivot won't change

If we do end up signing Guarin, I expect him to be a squad player, NOT a starter at Chelsea...

Guarin: “I haven’t spoken to Mourinho. My agent has done that. I hope that Inter are thinking about how much I really want to stay here. There is something going on, I can definitely not deny that. But now I focus only on Inter and to do well here, we’ll see in the future.”

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You