Fredy Guarin

xPetrCechx

Really doubtful seeing they signed him from Porto for around 13m euros. Doubt they want to make a loss especially with him being one of their best player atm

They signed him for 11 million euros and selling him (a year later) for 15 million euros (plus bonuses). How's that a loss?

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this means no more Witsel or other world class CM?

Witsel would cost at least £35 million in January IF we could get him from Zenit which is unlikely when they still have CL football. After the season ends then there's a better chance of signing a top class midfielder at a decent price.

On a slightly less serious note, this guy apparently has the third highest combined attribute rating on FIFA 14 behind only Ronaldo and Bale.

May I point out, Jose has picked him. Therefore, get ready for the bus depot, soon.

So you spoke with Jose, that's how you know?

Only gazzete and sky italia told.this story which I believe is pure fiction..but we will see soon...

Witsel would cost at least £35 million in January IF we could get him from Zenit which is unlikely when they still have CL football. After the season ends then there's a better chance of signing a top class midfielder at a decent price.

On a slightly less serious note, this guy apparently has the third highest combined attribute rating on FIFA 14 behind only Ronaldo and Bale.

Lamps, Rami, Mikel, v. Ginkel, Romeu plus Witsel coming in at the end of the season(hopefully)....No reason to think this guy is just gonna be the biggest road in the puddle.

I reckon the only thing Guarin is gonna do is hinder the progress of Chalobah in our first team picture.

If he was just short term, we should have gone for a loan.

Fredy isn't an attacking midfielder. He is a box to box midfielder. He was very promising when joining Inter but hasn't been very good there at all. He is greedy with no vision but he can tackle and intercept very wel. This deal makes sense because he is fairly cheap and not cup tied for the Champions League. A quick fix solution untill the summer.

Not according to some reports. A quick solution until....? All for 15m, eh ?

Ramires costed about 18 million pounds, David Luiz 25, Di Maria 30... Why would Matic cost 38?

High demand and money payed for players is even more ridiculous now. Benfica's president has said he'll only leave for his clause.

How much more would Strootman cost? He wouldnt be over 30mio which is acceptable and he is much better player, suits us more and has higher ceiling.

He cost Roma 17m, they're playing really well so I doubt they'd even sell him in January...

Guarin is soo inconsistent, thats least we need right now. Also his passing is only 73% which is very low for CM. His main strenght is that he has great engine and can make those powerful runs. But if Mou wants him aa holding midfielder who plays deeper and spreads long balls (what we lack now),then Guarin's main strenght is useless.

It could work great or fail ultimately, I just hope Mou knows what he is doing because lately we are quite a mess and Mou has no idea how to improve us.

Actually warming to signing him, if we go to a 4-3-3 and play a MF of Ramires - Mikel - Guarin then our pressing would be better as Rami and Guarin are good at winning the ball back. Thats why Inter deploy him as a 10 to win the ball back when they press. Obviously hes a bit similar to Lamps was a few years ago as in he doesn't particularly excel at one thing, he can tackle, pass, shoot, etc so he could be a good signing but its still a risk as well tbh seeing as hes coming from Italy to the PL where its much faster and a lot more physical but you never know.

Actually warming to signing him, if we go to a 4-3-3 and play a MF of Ramires - Mikel - Guarin then our pressing would be better as Rami and Guarin are good at winning the ball back.

Where will Oscar/Mata play then?

---

I heard that he removed some of his inter stuff from twitter...could point at something.

Guarín, I think, is very much like Meireles... not very bad at anything, but not very good at anything.. except the powerful, long shots... he is better than Meireles in this.. I remember, when he play for Envigado, he is very good at scoring from long distance...

Guarín, I think, is very much like Meireles... not very bad at anything, but not very good at anything.. except the powerful, long shots... he is better than Meireles in this.. I remember, when he play for Envigado, he is very good at scoring from long distance...

we have enough who try the long ranges ,, WE need someone who gets a lot from inside 12 yards ,,,,,,,, Of course we had an Ivorian who did that ..

No not Drogba

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You