Mario Mandzukic

BlueLyon

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those saying Lukaku and Mandzukic are similar I beg to differ. Mandzukic is a target man capable of playing with his back to goal, he is very capable in the air as well. Lukaku is much more dangerous when running at defenders and has next to no hold up game. If this is true and we are indeed in for Mandzukic(which I'm skeptical on) we will have a very balanced strike force with Costa, Mandzukic and Lukaku... Three absolute bullies who possess different attributes

I agree with this and personally, I will be very happy to get both Manzku and Costa!! BUT if it's true (which I doubt) it wouldn't bode well for Lukaku's future at all. Right now, Romelu isn't even close to those two players. Mourinho will give him the Ba treatment if we had Costa, Mandzku and Lukaku.

And Mourinho has said that there's a good chance Torres might be staying. It doesn't really add up.

I agree with this and personally, I will be very happy to get both Manzku and Costa!! BUT if it's true (which I doubt) it wouldn't bode well for Lukaku's future at all. Right now, Romelu isn't even close to those two players. Mourinho will give him the Ba treatment if we had Costa, Mandzku and Lukaku.

And Mourinho has said that there's a good chance Torres might be staying. It doesn't really add up.

Yes he will have to fight at a high level for the jersey, if he wants to be the best that's what is required. I'd imagine Chelsea will lock him down to another long term deal this summer and give him the opportunity to fight for the role.

What people seem to ignore is Chelsea are fighting at a very high level of competition. Nowhere else in the the world is there a team fighting for league titles and a European cup with a now 21 yr old striker leading the line week in, week out. His evolution is quick but his ambition is a bit quicker, I'd keep him here as third choice and bleed him in slowly.

Give him some Champions league experience and have him in the cup games along with the odd late game run out.

Nope.

They are reliable when it comes to german football, no ?

Yes. Usually they're reliable when it's about bayern. "TZ" is a munich newspaper and they're also reporting it (referring to bild) http://www.tz.de/sport/fc-bayern/bayern-tausch-geschaeft-mario-mandzukic-david-luiz-chelsea-geplant-3558065.html

A strikeforce of Costa, Mandzukic and 'player X' is pretty decent. The first two might be a tad similar but at least, it's already an upgrade on the past few seasons!

I don't think they're similar at all.

Costa is a two footed striker with excellent movement in the box. 100% a poacher with a killer instinct.

Mandzukic is more of an aerial threat, the type that can hold up the ball and play with his back to goal.

I don't think they're similar at all.

Costa is a two footed striker with excellent movement in the box. 100% a poacher with a killer instinct.

Mandzukic is more of an aerial threat, the type that can hold up the ball and play with his back to goal.

Costa is not all about just his work in the box though. Also pretty decent out of it, similar to Mandzukic.

Costa is not all about just his work in the box though. Also pretty decent out of it, similar to Mandzukic.

Is Mandzukic good outside of the box, though? Watching him during this seasons CL he looked like a terribly clumsy oaf when he got the ball and tried to run with it. I was under the impression that he was a pure in-the-box striker in the Chicharito mould.

What aspects of Costa's game would you say are similar to Mandzukic's?

Workrate, hold up play, linking up with others, heading ability, physical like STs, not the most talented players in terms of skills/technique etc...

Is Mandzukic good outside of the box, though? Watching him during this seasons CL he looked like a terribly clumsy oaf when he got the ball and tried to run with it. I was under the impression that he was a pure in-the-box striker in the Chicharito mould.

Not sure if the Mandzukic this season is a fair representation of what he's like as a ST considering Guardiola's style of play doesn't suit him entirely. A better judgment would be the Mandzukic last season under Heynckes. There was a reason why he was the preferred ST choice then rather than the prolific Mario Gomez because he offers a lot to the team.

He's very good outside the box. One of his better attributes really... Great feet for a man his size.

Workrate, hold up play, linking up with others, heading ability, physical like STs, not the most talented players in terms of skills/technique etc...

I'd say the bolded sections are where the similarities end. Costa is not very good in the air, he likes the ball to his feet. Rarely do you see Diego play with his back to goal holding up play. Link up play they do differently I'd say...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You