OneMoSalah

Until 2008 everyone in Spain were laughing Xavi Hernandez on and they said that he was the eternal heir of Pep Guardiola, that he had no future, that he was nothing spectacular ...

That's because the type of players like Xavi or Koke make a lot of subterranean work from the shadows but are vital to a big team.

Makelele also was despised in Real Madrid because the major players was Zidane, Ronaldo and Figo. But when he abandoned Real madrid
they did not stop losing so many trophies despite having GALACTICOS.

Reports say that Juventus would be prepared to pay 30 million pounds for Oscar. I think Koke can not have a lower price.

There are players that are only appreciated by coaches. If we ask everyone what is the best player of Chelsea, everyone would say Hazard, Fabregas or Costa, but for me Azpilicueta and Matic are vital for survival.

I prefer workers than stars.

By the way, comparisons should not be taken literally.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think Koke is Scholes tbh, different players. Scholes was a pure playmaker, i dont see Koke as a playmaker. I agree with Gilvorak about Koke not a typical 60m euro player, but i do think he's a top player who could play even in the best teams in Europe. I think he could've started games in Bayern and Barcelona and you wouldn't see any difference in quality between him and Rakitic or Schweinsteiger. Koke wouldnt do alot of special things, but he would try to make the team to work better. The right passes, the right movement, the right thinking. He's a true soldier. When we have Cesc and Hazard who brings the creativity and decisiveness, i think Koke would be enough to make our central midfield, our link up play and our team a lot better. Thats why i would still pay the 60m euros, cause he would help us so much imo.

Oh, and Supporter, in your analogy Beckham is Thiago? thats crazy, Thiago reminds Scholes a lot more than Koke. And Thiago is so much more than just show. You can like Koke as much as you want, but do not underrate other players just to get your points across. Again with this "not played 100 league games", yeah lets just ignore all the facts that lead to that - injury for a year, playing the same team as Iniesta, Xabi and Cesc when he's 20-22. Lets ignore all that. Thats just rubbish and i would'nt expect that from you.

I dont think Koke is Scholes tbh, different players. Scholes was a pure playmaker, i dont see Koke as a playmaker. I agree with Gilvorak about Koke not a typical 60m euro player, but i do think he's a top player who could play even in the best teams in Europe. I think he could've started games in Bayern and Barcelona and you wouldn't see any difference in quality between him and Rakitic or Schweinsteiger. Koke wouldnt do alot of special things, but he would try to make the team to work better. The right passes, the right movement, the right thinking. He's a true soldier. When we have Cesc and Hazard who brings the creativity and decisiveness, i think Koke would be enough to make our central midfield, our link up play and our team a lot better. Thats why i would still pay the 60m euros, cause he would help us so much imo.

Oh, and Supporter, in your analogy Beckham is Thiago? thats crazy, Thiago reminds Scholes a lot more than Koke. And Thiago is so much more than just show. You can like Koke as much as you want, but do not underrate other players just to get your points across. Again with this "not played 100 league games", yeah lets just ignore all the facts that lead to that - injury for a year, playing the same team as Iniesta, Xabi and Cesc when he's 20-22. Lets ignore all that. Thats just rubbish and i would'nt expect that from you.

Hi friend!

Please, I have set an example with two players:

1. Player A (Beckham). A player known throughout the world for years rated one of the best players in the world. But, in my opinion, all those good descriptions on Player A (Beckham) was because he was mediatic and appeared on the highlights from any match. But thinking about the team, he was not an essential player.

2. Player B (Scholes). An adorable player tactically. With a capacity for spectacular teamwork and one of those players that any coach loves to have on His team. But that player has worldwide recognition much lower than Player A (Beckham) for not being mediatic and do a perfect job but from the darkness (away from the photographers).

I do not compare Koke with Scholes, Thiago with Koke or anything. Just compare two players with different awards for his work only for aspects of marketing.

If you or someone has understood this in my previous comment I apologize but that was not my intention.

About Thiago Alcantara, I can only say that I am completely in love with his style of play. If it were me, I would sign Thiago Alcantara and Koke and so we would not have problems with our midfield and Financial Fair Play.

I repeat, Thiago Alcantara is one of the best young players I've seen in my life. I'm from Spain and since before 2008 everyone in Spain we saw La Masia games just to see Thiago Alcantara. If we would sign Thiago for me would be greater happiness than when we signed Fabregas.

He has had very bad luck because the injuries, but mainly because of having Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas ahead of him. I totally agree with you on this. I pretended to say with the example of the 100 games in league is that, until now, Koke has a career which has demonstrated more than Thiago with fewer years. But the rest of the factors that you say are completely true.

I think the comparison between Thiago and Koke is not fair. Koke is a team player who should be compared with other potential signings (or for example Matic) but not with Thiago. To me Thiago Alcantara should compare players like Isco, Pogba and maybe in a few years with players like Reus or Hazard.

Thiago Alcantara is a star and Koke is a team player. No comparison possible.

I apologize if I upset you or someone with my comments, it was not my intention.

Regards.

Thiago Alcantara is a star and Koke is a team player. No comparison possible.

I apologize if I upset you or someone with my comments, it was not my intention.

No problem at all, you summed it up perfectly in this post.

He's a good player but not dynamic enough for me to suggest the club should buy him for his buyout fee. Nope sorry. Not a great athlete, no real end product, not a great ball winner. I fail to see an area in his game that will be elite in a few years.

I take it that he didnt have a good game in such a massive game against RM?

(I didnt watch the game)

Until 2008 everyone in Spain were laughing Xavi Hernandez on and they said that he was the eternal heir of Pep Guardiola, that he had no future, that he was nothing spectacular ...

That's because the type of players like Xavi or Koke make a lot of subterranean work from the shadows but are vital to a big team.

Makelele also was despised in Real Madrid because the major players was Zidane, Ronaldo and Figo. But when he abandoned Real madrid

they did not stop losing so many trophies despite having GALACTICOS.

Reports say that Juventus would be prepared to pay 30 million pounds for Oscar. I think Koke can not have a lower price.

There are players that are only appreciated by coaches. If we ask everyone what is the best player of Chelsea, everyone would say Hazard, Fabregas or Costa, but for me Azpilicueta and Matic are vital for survival.

I prefer workers than stars.

By the way, comparisons should not be taken literally.

You don't pay upwards of 40+m for workers... But I do agree Koke is more of a cog in the engine and not the spark plug

You don't pay upwards of 40+m for workers... But I do agree Koke is more of a cog in the engine and not the spark plug

Hi friend!

I think Koke is the piece that we need for our team can function perfectly in midfield.

Taking into account this, I would pay those 40 million because Koke we would be signing a versatile player capable of high performance in any position in midfield having the changing of Fabregas for the future for its youth. Koke is a player made for Mourinho as Matic or Makelele. Is better to pay a lot for a player if you consider that player would do fit your machinery.

Anyway I think the figure can be lowered signing with other players. I just woke up and I have read in several newspapers in Spain it is almost certain that Luis Filipe return to Atletico Madrid for a little less money than we paid for him. To me it does not make me happy, but if we definitely bet on Ake as Left-back could be a good choice (but we must bet heavily on Ake or it would be meaningless).

But again, sign Koke we are not incapable of signing Pogba, Thiago Alcantara, Isco ...

In addition, Koke is a worker, yes, but for me it is the best worker in midfield, and if Oscar can be worth 30 million, I think Koke can worth a few million more.

I honestly do not understand the comparison between Oscar and Koke. We sold Mata because Jose considered that we had to bet heavily on Oscar, but he did not return with effort the trust that we place in Oscar.

Sell Oscar for 30 million and sign Koke by 30/40 could be a perfect change to upgrade our team. It is practically player by player, and after that, if the market allows, try to fight for Isco, Thiago, Pogba, Reus ... But that is another story completely different.

Regards.

I think you may have those the wrong way round mate.

Pogba>Koke>Verratti (who I do rate highly fyi)

No its Verratti > Koke > Pogba

Verratti is the player i want at Chelsea more then anyone! Pogba is overrated, he is a good young player, but so over-hyped

No its Veratti > Koke > Pogba

Veratti is the player i want at Chelsea more then anyone! Pogba is overrated, he is a good young player, but so over-hyped

Funny, I feel the same about Veratti.

Although Pogba IS over-hyped, like any young talent.

Does anybody here watch the Liga BBVA regularly, as much as supporter does? No.
As far as the game goes yesterday, everything interesting for Atletico was from him.
It was like expecting to see something big from Fabregas when we are mostly defending. People like Gilvorak always want just goals and stats. Football consists of 11 player contributing in their own way, hence why, players like Ramires don't shine, but do so much work for the experts. Same goes for Oscar to be fair, when on form.

Veratti is the player i want at Chelsea more then anyone! Pogba is overrated, he is a good young player, but so over-hyped

He is good but unpleasant and i don't think he likes us. Also i think Kovacic should be mentioned , he is just as talented as the others

I think you may have those the wrong way round mate.

Pogba>Koke>Verratti (who I do rate highly fyi)

No,

5 Koke + 3 Integral of (Koke's workrate)2 >= log( 2 Veratti2 + 15 Verrati - 4th root of area of his rat face) / Oscar's current form < Pogba! - hyp(derivative of hairstyle) cos(Mikel)

Koke suits Chelsea's needs. He can play in DM with matic and give defensive screening that fabregas dreams about.

He controls the game more than any other player we have (would be our number one player at controlling possession)

His delivery and attacking passing is as good as fabregas (better at crossing) our counter attacks would become more efficient.

He has created more chances in the champions league than everyone except messi.

So improves our defence, possession, counter attacks and overall chance creation? Can't see the problem.

He's not an athlete and won't dominate a midfield like pogba, like yaya and not like matic. Even Verratti has more control of a game physically anyway. But he's far from weak and I wouldn't call him slow, just average.

Verratti is impossible to get. Pogba is very very difficult.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You