Spurs v Chelsea

Jase

Wonder if we'll score on Saturday especially with our trouble of scoring these days and this...

- Tottenham have kept 8 clean sheets in their 9 competitive matches in all competitions this season. The only time they conceded was the 1-0 loss to Arsenal.

One fine question, you have got here, I must say.

Perhaps, Mikel again ?

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if we'll score on Saturday especially with our trouble of scoring these days and this...

- Tottenham have kept 8 clean sheets in their 9 competitive matches in all competitions this season. The only time they conceded was the 1-0 loss to Arsenal.

So Tottenham lost against the only top team they've played so far? Bodes well for Saturday.

I'm much more worried against teams that will park the bus than against the likes of Tottenham. Very confident we'll get the win. They'll have spaces behind them and we'll exploit them. And their midfield is no where near as good as people are making it out to be. Rami will be a miss, but even with Mikel-Lamps we'll still win. COYB! :cfc:

Good point. Everton didn't exactly park the bus but they hardly took risks going forward and we created a host of chances against them. Spurs at home will attack us leaving them susceptible to the counter. If we are clinical we could and should win. Is Rambo definetely out then?

If we learned anything from the Swindon game.. its that Torres is a CUP kinda player. He's poor in the league ! He's scored 1 goal in the league all year...

Eto'o should start but i have a feeling that Torres might get the nod from Jose, in that case... WERE FUCKED !

Is there another Sandro because you can't be talking about the Tottenham one, surely?

He is crap and exactly the opposite of what we need in midfield. Mikel is 1000000000x better.

LOL. Mikel.

Sandro still recovering from injury.

He is exactly what we need in the midfield. MEAT!

Capoue and Sandro are better than Mikel for me, Capoue is miles ahead of him and in his first few games he was a monster in midfield. I followed him when he played in France, he'll be a hit in the PL. But i still dont think we need this kind of player.

Capoue and Sandro are better than Mikel for me, Capoue is miles ahead of him and in his first few games he was a monster in midfield. I followed him when he played in France, he'll be a hit in the PL. But i still dont think we need this kind of player.

Really? I reckon s.o. like him +s.o. like Modric would be perfect for a DP.

Really? I reckon s.o. like him +s.o. like Modric would be perfect for a DP.

A double pivot like that could work, but it means we need to get 2 new players. Can you see it happen? i dont.

I prefer and think we'll eventualy get someone to play besides Ramires. It ultimately needs to be someone with the abilities to run the game and still be a descent defender.

A double pivot like that could work, but it means we need to get 2 new players. Can you see it happen? i dont.

I prefer and think we'll eventualy get someone to play besides Ramires. It ultimately needs to be someone with the abilities to run the game and still be a descent defender.

why wouldn't sandro-rambo work?

You obviously didn't see him in the EPL, though. Before he was injured he looked no where near PL quality. Terrible first touch, zero positional awareness and dodgy passing. I'd rather have Romeu over him, let alone Mikel.

You obviously didn't see him in the EPL, though. Before he was injured he looked no where near PL quality. Terrible first touch, zero positional awareness and dodgy passing. I'd rather have Romeu over him, let alone Mikel.

The transfer market seems to strongly disagree with most of your opinions.

The valuations of the players are based on a number of factors, including the stats you point to. The weight you put on such stats contrasts drastically with such valuations though.

Sandro was starting for Brazil at one point, and once again, until Nigeria reaches Brazil level, that should be enough as a differential. Sandro was a strong Milan transfer target at some other point after a strong champions league performance against them.

Sandro is a lot more aggressive than Mikel; picks cards and plays far more physically than Mikel does (Mikel never picks up cards for a DM). He has a wider passing range (same as Essien does), and had long-range shooting again like Essien (Mikel can't shoot from distance for his life). Sandro is only 24 and his development has been hindered by a long-term knee injury so we have to wait and see.

No idea about Capoe since he's a new player and fairly young at that.

Back to Mikel, if you are right and he is indeed as good as you claim he is in what you claim he is good at, then he is still a very limited player who can only be used in certain games and situations where we are pressured for possession. NEver more than a rotation player for me. Again we will see how well he can keep possession when we are under pressure. Was not impressed against United and City last season. * The ability to keep possession is only important when the opponent actually wants to take the football from you.