Spurs v Chelsea

Jase

They haven't played anyone of any real threat except Arsenal. That defense hasn't been tested AT ALL.

True, but we parked the bus vs United and didnt really face anyone as well.

???

my bad, i meant just both teams attacking players..

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To beat the Spurs on their home ground, it just might be almost science fiction.

The Spurs are playing very defensively, at the moment. Chelsea are not scoring much & I really have some doubts here.

Am I the only one that thinks an open game favours Chelsea? If the Spurs come out and try to attack we WILL murder them on the counter. The reason we haven't seen that this season is mainly because teams sit so deep against us. Arsenal were able to catch them on the counter and I believe the same will transpire here.

Am I the only one that thinks an open game favours Chelsea? If the Spurs come out and try to attack we WILL murder them on the counter. The reason we haven't seen that this season is mainly because teams sit so deep against us. Arsenal were able to catch them on the counter and I believe the same will transpire here.

Hopefully totenham wont suprise us by playing deep in their home, if they come out, they'll play into mourinho's counterattack hands and we'll steam roll them for sure

I'm much more worried against teams that will park the bus than against the likes of Tottenham. Very confident we'll get the win. They'll have spaces behind them and we'll exploit them. And their midfield is no where near as good as people are making it out to be. Rami will be a miss, but even with Mikel-Lamps we'll still win. COYB! :cfc:

I like everything said here expect Mikel-Lamps. That midfield will be dominated... We need to play Essien with Mikel if we're without Ramires the key will be winning the ball back and getting it to our attacking players. Lamps doesn't have the defensive acumen to play in this sort of game its gonna be a REAL battle in the midfield

Got a draw written all over it.

Our pivot won't be great whoever we have in there. I personally would go with Essien Lampard. But none fil with confidence.

Well tbh i would put Oscar or KDB deep in there alongside mikel or essien but Jose won't do that.

Cech

Azpi Luiz Terry Cole

Oscar Essien

KDB Mata Hazard

Torres

Is what i would play.

Cech

Ivan Cahill Terry Cole

Mikel Lampard

Willian Oscar Hazard

Eto'o

Is what i expect to see.

Hopefully totenham wont suprise us by playing deep in their home, if they come out, they'll play into mourinho's counterattack hands and we'll steam roll them for sure

I don't think Tottenham have the ability to sit deep and soak up pressure. They are definitely more adept at attacking and having possession. We have already demonstrated that we can play both styles and for this reason I say we can and will win on Saturday.

Our pivot won't be great whoever we have in there. I personally would go with Essien Lampard. But none fil with confidence.

Well tbh i would put Oscar or KDB deep in there alongside mikel or essien but Jose won't do that.

Cech

Azpi Luiz Terry Cole

Oscar Essien

KDB Mata Hazard

Torres

Is what i would play.

Cech

Ivan Cahill Terry Cole

Mikel Lampard

Willian Oscar Hazard

Eto'o

Is what i expect to see.

Doesn't really matter, when Oscar plays with Lampard, it eventually turns to 4-3-3, rather than 4-2-3-1. So, Oscar going to be playing in the center mid a lot anyways..

Cech

Azpi Luiz Terry Cole

Oscar Essien

KDB Mata Hazard

Torres

Is what i would play.

Cech

Ivan Cahill Terry Cole

Mikel Lampard

Willian Oscar Hazard

Eto'o

Is what i expect to see.

1165.gif

With Ramires out, I'm tempted to go for:

Cech

Iva Terry Luiz Cole

Oscar Mikel

Willian Mata Hazard

Torres

I like your thinking but I don't see enough steel in that side.

Essien and Mikel with our three magicians (Oscar, Hazard, Mata) Bring on Schurrle for Essien if we're chasing the game and play with Mikel and the sole holder.

Capoue and Sandro are better than Mikel for me, Capoue is miles ahead of him and in his first few games he was a monster in midfield. I followed him when he played in France, he'll be a hit in the PL. But i still dont think we need this kind of player.

You guys are all the rage about the flavour of the month guys... lol Mikel is MILES ahead of Capoue AND Sandro.

What people fail to understand is if you diving in trying to win tackles it means you've made a mistake or been caught out. Mikel's positioning is sound he often has quiet yet highly effective games. Everyone wants headlines nobody wants shape and composure

I like everything said here expect Mikel-Lamps. That midfield will be dominated... We need to play Essien with Mikel if we're without Ramires the key will be winning the ball back and getting it to our attacking players. Lamps doesn't have the defensive acumen to play in this sort of game its gonna be a REAL battle in the midfield

No, I agree, but I can't see Essien starting ahead of Lamps.

You guys are all the rage about the flavour of the month guys... lol Mikel is MILES ahead of Capoue AND Sandro.

What people fail to understand is if you diving in trying to win tackles it means you've made a mistake or been caught out. Mikel's positioning is sound he often has quiet yet highly effective games. Everyone wants headlines nobody wants shape and composure

i love you

That was against Swindon. This against Tottenham. Different opposition altogether.

He did alright yesterday but there's probably a reason why he hasn't played this season till yesterday and besides, his match fitness and sharpness still won't be anywhere near 100% after 1 (competitive) game in more than a month!

I'd start him regardless if Ramires can't go. We need power and positioning in the midfield and Lamps doesn't offer that at all. If we're chasing the game bring in Lamps but my feeling is we're gonna try and beat them on the counter and in order to do that we need to win the ball. Lamps doesn't win enough balls for me to start him in this fixture, plus we got Steaua on Tuesday that's more a Lampard game