Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

Its not stuff that he actually says, like he said its from Panorama. Thats not hard to understand...

People already have one opinion of him, and won't change it no matter what. It's like with goal.com, even if they write clearly "as reported in another paper" people will still say, "oh goal.com, 100% bullshit" etc.

People already have one opinion of him, and won't change it no matter what. It's like with goal.com, even if they write clearly "as reported in another paper" people will still say, "oh goal.com, 100% bullshit" etc.

I agree. And if it's Sky Sources then it must be 100% legit.

Rooney has 2 years left on his deal so that piece IS off to a bad start

think you read that wrong mate.. what i got from it is that eto'o one year deal and after that rooney will only have one year remaining and be in a totally different situation with united

Yes he did say it. I distinctly remember he did. He also got most of his "predictions" wrong this summer. Especially in Italy regarding deals like Jovetic to Juve, Isla to Inter..etc.

Im not saying he cant go wrong, but he definitely didnt got most of his stuff wrong, thats just a stupid statement who doesnt reflect the reality. Sometimes he also reports whats happening in the moment, and sometimes a deal fails. And he doesnt make any "predictions", if he says something like "i think he'll go to X", you dont realy need to take it too seriously, whats important is the news he give which was this summer very reliable. I know alot of Seria A true fans who talks about him highly.

About this article he wrote about a bid of Torres+30m. You are quoting me and say "Yes he did say it", but you know what you refer to? to this: "Di Marzio was saying we'd already signed Cavani in June". Thats the quote i talked about. Now show me where did he said it in that article? He only said we are planning to bid for Cavani. Thats it. Its probably what he knew at the time.

Edited by nadavTKL

Im not saying he cant go wrong, but he definitely didnt got most of his stuff wrong, thats just a stupid statement who doesnt reflect the reality. Sometimes he also reports whats happening in the moment, and sometimes a deal fails. And he doesnt make any "predictions", if he says something like "i think he'll go to X", you dont realy need to take it too seriously, whats important is the news he give which was this summer very reliable. I know alot of Seria A true fans who talks about him highly.

About this article he wrote about a bid of Torres+30m. You are quoting me and say "Yes he did say it", but you know what you refer to? to this: "Di Marzio was saying we'd already signed Cavani in June". Thats the quote i talked about. Now show me where did he said it in that article? He only said we are planning to bid for Cavani. Thats it. Its probably what he knew at the time.

He said that we made the bid of Torres plus cash for Cavani which we obviously never made since their president said we never contacted them. And yes he does make predictions just like all other journalists. When he says that Jovetic to Juve is a done deal and a couple of weeks he moves to CIty, or Isla to Inter is done and the very same day Conte says that Isla is going no where, then he was making a prediction that the deal would go through and he failed.

He is just a journalist, just like Palmeri. When clubs or agents want to reveal information, they don't do so to one journalist alone. He is just puts 2 and 2 together and makes a prediction like the fact that Eto'o is likely to leave Anzhi and that his former manager is at Chelsea who are in for a striker and he comes up with stories and adds his "inside sources" or "his agent said". It is no different than you and me making predictions.

You are free to believe him though if you want to. But personally I choose to believe what Jose actually said publicly to all the media: It's Rooney or bust.

Guys seriously calm down. The club cannot make a move for Eto'o until they are 100% percent sure that the Rooney move is a lost cause. Since they cannot know that for sure(yet), they will not be making any approaches any time soon.

Jose clearly said he will take the Rooney battle to deadline day. All of the current Eto'o rumours are nothing more than speculation.

Edited by John1611

Don't want Eto'o at all. Probably would score a few goals however I don't want a 30+ plus striker here on wages over £100k a week. No thanks. People say Rooney will demand more wages than Eto'o however if we were to get one out of the two I would rather Rooney at the age of 27 than Eto'o at the age of 32.

Just so I'm clear with what you're saying that you don't want to sign a clinical striker for 5m because he's 32? Didier had his best year with us at that age. We don't need him to play 40 games, just 20-25 of the right games...

He said that we made the bid of Torres plus cash for Cavani which we obviously never made since their president said we never contacted them. And yes he does make predictions just like all other journalists. When he says that Jovetic to Juve is a done deal and a couple of weeks he moves to CIty, or Isla to Inter is done and the very same day Conte says that Isla is going no where, then he was making a prediction that the deal would go through and he failed.

He is just a journalist, just like Palmeri. When clubs or agents want to reveal information, they don't do so to one journalist alone. He is just puts 2 and 2 together and makes a prediction like the fact that Eto'o is likely to leave Anzhi and that his former manager is at Chelsea who are in for a striker and he comes up with stories and adds his "inside sources" or "his agent said". It is no different than you and me making predictions.

You are free to believe him though if you want to. But personally I choose to believe what Jose actually said publicly to all the media: It's Rooney or bust.

You know nothing about this subject and about Di marzio, you just choose to belive nothing, but its only your choice. Try not the make the crap you're saying a fact. Because its not.

Just so I'm clear with what you're saying that you don't want to sign a clinical striker for 5m because he's 32? Didier had his best year with us at that age. We don't need him to play 40 games, just 20-25 of the right games...

I don't want him because he will command £100k+ wages. I know Rooney is the same but he will offer us more years plus I believe he will not block the progress of strikers like Lukaku because I believe he can play that no.10 role and is proven PL quality. I still think Eto's is quality and although I don't rate it among the best, there are decent teams in the Russian league and he still scored goals however he has not played in the PL before and Rooney has. Eto'o does not have many years left and the PL is a total different league.

I know he is proven but I doubt he will be the success people expect him to bring her short term. That is just my personal opinion anyway. I would rather us invest elsewhere like Rooney or stick with our current crop of strikers than him and I think it is a kick in the teeth for someone like Lukaku as in we are basically saying you are not good enough for this season so we are looking elsewhere.

You know nothing about this subject and about Di marzio, you just choose to belive nothing, but its only your choice. Try not the make the crap you're saying a fact. Because its not.

How about you discuss with some respect and not call my opinion crap?

I don't want him because he will command £100k+ wages. I know Rooney is the same but he will offer us more years plus I believe he will not block the progress of strikers like Lukaku because I believe he can play that no.10 role and is proven PL quality. I still think Eto's is quality and although I don't rate it among the best, there are decent teams in the Russian league and he still scored goals however he has not played in the PL before and Rooney has. Eto'o does not have many years left and the PL is a total different league.

I know he is proven but I doubt he will be the success people expect him to bring her short term. That is just my personal opinion anyway. I would rather us invest elsewhere like Rooney or stick with our current crop of strikers than him and I think it is a kick in the teeth for someone like Lukaku as in we are basically saying you are not good enough for this season so we are looking elsewhere.

Just so we're clear if it comes down to Rooney OR Eto'o its Rooney all day. The problem is Utd don't look like selling him to us so as a secondary target, Eto'o is a great option.

The Premier League is great but I think people need to stop with this "he hasn't played in the PL, its a different league" b.s. Good players can play anywhere and Eto'o is one of them, he's already played at an elite level with Barca and Inter, he's maintained a goal every 2 his entire career, I sincerely doubt he'll have any trouble with Lescott, Ferdinand, Evans, Vermaellen, Caulker, Walker etc... He's handled much better players for his entire career.

100k for a guy who's scored 1 in 2 his entire career is not a bad number either, my concern will be term no more than 2 yrs with a club option at best.

It is fact. Ive put one of his wrong stories up already and we can both remember the cavani story

Just so we're clear if it comes down to Rooney OR Eto'o its Rooney all day. The problem is Utd don't look like selling him to us so as a secondary target, Eto'o is a great option.

The Premier League is great but I think people need to stop with this "he hasn't played in the PL, its a different league" b.s. Good players can play anywhere and Eto'o is one of them, he's already played at an elite level with Barca and Inter, he's maintained a goal every 2 his entire career, I sincerely doubt he'll have any trouble with Lescott, Ferdinand, Evans, Vermaellen, Caulker, Walker etc... He's handled much better players for his entire career.

100k for a guy who's scored 1 in 2 his entire career is not a bad number either, my concern will be term no more than 2 yrs with a club option at best.

Fair enough. Turned my head a little.

Edited by CFC_Lucas

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8870653/jose-mourinho-says-david-luiz-will-not-be-leaving-chelsea-for-any-price

Mourinho has been linked with a move for striker Samuel Eto'o, whom he worked with at Inter Milan. Eto'o is reportedly available as his current club Anzhi Makhachkala cut costs.

"I am always happy that somebody that worked with me previously is happy to be back and work with me again," said Mourinho.

"That is a good feeling that I have, when I read something that Samuel is keen. It is fantastic for us, but we are going to see what happens."

interesting quote by Mourinho... see what happens is new.

He normally confirms or deny rumors...

but he does say it is fantastic for us... so I guess the only thing he's waiting to see what happens is if Rooney comes or not :lol: