Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

Jose should say to him something along the lines of if you want to come then it's for the chance to win New trophies,not for the salary. Offer him two year contract for around 60k a week ,take it or leave it.

You are crazy. Why would a triple champions league winner and a player who has won the treble twice in different leagues accept 60k a week and Shrek earn 250k a week? Insulting! Eto'o is demand by other clubs either than Chelsea. Who wants to buy Shrek except us when the whole of Europe knows he wants to leave Utd. Not even Arsenal wants him. That should tell you something.

Chelsea have been heavily linked with a swoop for Anzhi Makhachkala striker Samuel Eto’o, but the Cameroon international’s agent has been quoted as saying that there has been no contact over a possible swoop and his client will be remaining in Russia. Peppino Tirri is reported to have told vesti.ru: "I can assure all that Eto'o will definitely stay at Anzhi. It would be very difficult to arrange his transfer because Samuel is not willing to move to another club for less wages.”

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/clockwatch

dont believe that he wouldnt take a pay-cut. no club would pay him 20 m.

You are crazy. Why would a triple champions league winner and a player who has won the treble twice in different leagues accept 60k a week and Shrek earn 250k a week? Insulting! Eto'o is demand by other clubs either than Chelsea. Who wants to buy Shrek except us when the whole of Europe knows he wants to leave Utd. Not even Arsenal wants him. That should tell you something.

why bring Rooney into it? I didn't.

I Don't want Eto'o that badly,Jose should play on the fact that eto'o wants to link up with Jose again.when good teams are smart they Don't have to overpay for good players. They can use the draw of winning new competitions to bring them in.winning multiple competitions elsewhere does not dismiss the fact that he could be drawn by the opportunity to win different trophies here. I Don't recall Man U paying over the odds to get Laurent blanc,Henrik Larsson etc..

Who are these other clubs that want him?

for the reported £5mill i wouldnt complain (assuming wage is also respectable). but i honestly dont think we need him. I would rather him over Rooney though. if rooney comes its gonna upset all our strikers and I really want Lukaku to get a bunch of games for us this season.

We've got a great team as we are and Jose is going to make them better players than they were last season. lets just keep it as it is and save some money.

Great piece on Eto'o, Chelsea and Mourinho by James Horncastle: http://blogs.thescore.com/counterattack/2013/08/15/horncastle-would-an-etoo-and-mourinho-reunion-at-the-bridge-work-out-for-chelsea/

Reflecting on his first spell at Stamford Bridge back in June, he revealed: “We wanted Eto’o, he was our target. The owner was more than ready to bring Eto’o here because he was the player I wanted. Do you know why? Because he was the only player I could play with Drogba, changing the system for two strikers. But he was also ready to play with Drogba in the system we had at the time with three attacking players, with Eto’o coming from the sides, the same as I did at Inter with him. Sometimes there I was playing Eto’o and Milito in a 4-4-2 system, and when I wanted to play with three attackers I was playing Pandev, Milito and Eto’o.

“We wanted Eto’o. Mr Abramovich did everything to bring him [here] and Peter Kenyon did everything to bring him [here]. In the end, Barcelona said they didn’t want to sell, forget it. One more zero, one less zero, forget it… After that we went to other options and it became the Shevchenko option.”
Confirmation of this comes from the player’s biography. According to Eto’o, an approach pre-dated Mourinho’s appointment at Stamford Bridge in 2004. “[Claudio] Ranieri invited me to London to talk,” he wrote. “The journalists were onto me and I had to invent a story to throw them off. ‘I’m here to see my friend Geremi’, I said.” Chelsea weren’t to be deterred. They would try again and again and again. “[They] wanted me before Drogba’s arrival and afterwards too,” Eto’o claimed. “But Barça wanted €50m.”

People call him a mercenary, but he did win back-to-back treble with two different clubs. If anyone could go for the money instead of the glory, it was probably him who'd achieved so much

Edited by Waterfall

why bring Rooney into it? I didn't.

I Don't want Eto'o that badly,Jose should play on the fact that eto'o wants to link up with Jose again.when good teams are smart they Don't have to overpay for good players. They can use the draw of winning new competitions to bring them in.winning multiple competitions elsewhere does not dismiss the fact that he could be drawn by the opportunity to win different trophies here. I Don't recall Man U paying over the odds to get Laurent blanc,Henrik Larsson etc..

Who are these other clubs that want him?

Inter, Roma, ManU and Monaco

So can anybody here make a decent estimation of his signing fee?

Italian magazine "Panorama" had an exclussive interview yesterday with Samuel's agent and, among other things, he said clubs interested in his player will pay no money to Anzhi as Eto'o has an agreement with Kerimov, Anzhi's owner, and he (Kerimov) promised Samuel he won't ask for any money. He'll be free to leave once he agrees terms with other clubs.

Italian magazine "Panorama" had an exclussive interview yesterday with Samuel's agent and, among other things, he said clubs interested in his player will pay no money to Anzhi as Eto'o has an agreement with Kerimov, Anzhi's owner, and he (Kerimov) promised Samuel he won't ask for any money. He'll be free to leave once he agrees terms with other clubs.

A free transfer! Then this perfect!

I hope he does not sign for us. Old, expensive and huge risk

The reports are that he would come on a free transfer, so if we could sign him for something like 100k wages for 3 years, it honestly wouldnt be that big of a risk, that's not big money we're talking about.

It'd probably be a waste of money though if he isn't much better than our current strikers, especially considering he'll only get worse.