Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

Peppino Trirri (Eto'o agent): "Napoli rumour is nonsense, they can't afford his wages. Chelsea hasn't contacted me."

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4016/main/2013/08/14/4184648/etoo-staying-at-anzhi-says-fifa-agent-tirri

That has led to links with both Chelsea and Napoli, but Tirri, who was involved in the deal that saw Eto'o move from Inter to Anzhi, insists that the striker is staying put. "Absolutely, yes," he told Tuttomercato. "Eto'o is an Anzhi player and the club have provided him with every guarantee in relation to his wage level, which would make it difficult to leave [for elsewhere]."

Well, I think Chelsea's priority should be Wayne Rooney and Jose stated this firmly, but if Rooney won't come here, I think Sami should be the right man in front of goal. I must admit he is one of my all time favourite strikers and he might be a bit past his prime, but he isn't done and dusted, guys... Some of you think of being 32-33 in football is like being 50 or 60... It isn't like that. This 32-year-old Eto'o is three times better than the actual Torres. His tank isn't empty yet and if Jose calls him, I think he can deliver a hell of a season. He is at least one big season (this season) left in his career.

He's been on a paid holiday in Russia for the past two years, but I'd love to see him back in action for a big team. Just remember Eto'o before joining Anzhi - b2b trebles with Barcelona and Inter Milano, three times Uefa Champions League winner, participated in two or three World Cups, four or five African Nations tournaments, too. He scored for fun while he was in Barcelona and Inter. He is maybe the best African player of all time. Massive player, his experience is huge.

Even though he's won a lots of trophies and awards, he still wants more. This type of players are always hungry for more. There are signs Eto'o wants a last big challenge. I mean, he could go to USA or some team in Saudi Arabia or Qatar where he would earn €20-25m a year, but from what I've read in the last few days, he wants another big challenge. Inter already enquired about him, Napoli wants him and he is keen to be playing at the highest level again. There were some speculation linking him with a move in the United States, but he denied them.

From what I've read in the russian media (hope my translate tool worked fine), he is also eager to reduce his wages drastically, but wants a three-year contract. Also the guy that owns Anzhi promised Eto'o he won't ask for a big price. Some reports say the price tag would be around €6-7m and some other reports say the owner would be willing to let him for free.

As I said, Chelsea should try anything to sign Rooney, but if United won't let him go, I'd love to see Eto'o at Chelsea. He is fit (he has had the pre-season with Anzhi and Russian championship already started), he is still a great striker, his experience would help guys like Lukaku, Oscar, De Bruyne, Hazard, Marco van Ginkel and I'm sure he would help Chelsea achieve big things this season.

I don't care about wages, I am not the one who will be paying him. Roman has enough money to buy my entire country, so I don't care if Eto'o will be on a €40m a year contract or a €12m a year one. Don't get me wrong here - I would like Rooney as our main strikers this season, but I simply can't see United letting him go. In case he is not coming, I'd love having a 32-year-old experienced beast of a striker like Eto'o over Torres, Lukaku and Demba Ba.

He's scored 36 goals in 71 appearances for Anzhi and also has 14 assists. In the league he has 25 goals in 51 games so his stats are quite good no matter how we look at them. He's definitely not the player he was in 2008-2011 when he was arguably one of the best strikers in the world but I don't believe for a second that Jose and the board would even entertain the idea of signing him if he wasn't good anymore. It's not like the Russian Premier Division is like the Chinese league where players go only to make a shitload of money and no one knows what goes on in there, the football there is actually pretty high level and there's good coverage around the world so I'm sure the scouts and management know what their investing the club's money into if they decide to go for Eto'o.

This girl here watches Russian football - what can I say? ESPN shows it and I watch because it's normally in a slot I'm doing nothing.

This girl here thinks compared to Lamps he's a step (or two) ahead when we compare what they were and what they are now. Physically he's at least two (possibly three) steps ahead of Lamps.

I do the comparison because I'm sure everyone here knows the level he used to be and the level Lamps used to be, so it gives you an idea - although of course it's only my opinion, someone else who've watched could have a different one.

So the question is there for you to answer, lads. Would you like to have a striker version of Lamps who's slightly better technically and plain better physically?

And please I'm not implying when at their best Lamps and Eto'o were the same level (or weren't). I'm just comparing where they are currently in their careers.

Well I would prefer we have an experienced player to take some responsibility off Lukaku's shoulders, if Eto'o takes a much lower wage than he is currently making(lets say 100k p/w max) and at maximum he is happy with a 1 or 2 year contract with options to extend - I would like him here.

As I have mentioned else where after Cavani/Lewa/Falcao didn't pan out - I wanted us to bring Zlatan over to secure the EPL title, since there is no links to Zlatan at this current time Eto'o is another good short term measure. He might not have been playing at a top level in the past 2 years but provided he hasn't gain 20 pounds he should be physically; technically proficient for the EPL - besides Eto'o has far superior movement than 99% of strikers and I very much doubt he would have forgotten how to find himself in good positions.

I really doubt Eto'o is the solution to our striking problems at the minute, and Mourinho already said its Rooney or no one.

I wouldn't take that as gospel. He's trying to woo Wayne, to show he's wanted here.

Of course Mourinho has other options lined up! :)

Gianluca Di Marzio, very reliable journalist, says "Chelsea are infront of everyone for Eto'o".

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=&sl=it&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gianlucadimarzio.com%2Fsenza-categoria%2Fetoo-chelsea-davanti-a-tutti-gli-aggiornamenti%2F&sandbox=1

He's a Sky Italy journalist but dont judge him for that, he discovered A LOT of things this summer. A LOT. He also says Man u are interested btw.

From yesterday (probably picked up Sky Italy news, from Di Marzio):

@tancredipalmeri

Watch out: talks between Chelsea and Eto'o are getting very serious...

Eto'o agent have also contacted Roma, according to tomorrow Corriere dello Sport (Chelsea still way ahead though)