Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

Free transfert or not, we move forward.

Eto'o is not world class anymore.I prefer to splash extra money on Rooney then to have this second-choice buy.Eto'o is not a solution to our problem in attack, it is only a quick fix.

Yeah just give ManU around 40-45m and bring him and we are safe for 4-5 years.

How can we even consider him? Has everyone gone mad?

His game has always relied on pace, and since when do we need fast players for our team? Our game doesn't really rely on counter attacks, at least there is some sense in getting Rooney as he at times is a team player. This guy is the exact model of Fernando Torres, someone who runs off defenders and gets played through.

Not to mention he's like 32 years old, so he hasn't got much pace anymore, probably explains why he hasn't been that good.

I don't want him because he will command £100k+ wages. I know Rooney is the same but he will offer us more years plus I believe he will not block the progress of strikers like Lukaku because I believe he can play that no.10 role and is proven PL quality.

Eto'o could also play on the right of the 3 like he did for Inter. Rooney last season whined about getting dropped and having to drop deep for Van Persie, so he's hardly likely to ever accept having to play second fiddle to Lukaku in any way shape or form at any point.

Eto'o could also play on the right of the 3 like he did for Inter. Rooney last season whined about getting dropped and having to drop deep for Van Persie, so he's hardly likely to ever accept having to play second fiddle to Lukaku in any way shape or form at any point.

Its a good point however to play in Juan Mata's role time to time may even benefit him, he scored a lot of goals coming from behind, and one of two motivational words from Mourinho will change his mind and view of the game.He needs to feel he is a big part of the team and we need such leaders on the pitch no matter his personality off it.His versatility isnt negligible and Mourinho knows this, he is the perfect striker for us at the moment.

Edited by BlueArmy

His game has always relied on pace, and since when do we need fast players for our team?

He had great pace, but to say his whole game was reliant on it is just simply not true. Technically he was extremely underrated, his dribbling & close control has always been very good.

etoo is way too slow to play on the right. he would have to run a lot if playing on the right, defending etc and also he hasnt got the pace anymore to get past players. people still think this is the Etoo from Barca or Inter lol.

He had great pace, but to say his whole game was reliant on it is just simply not true. Technically he was extremely underrated, his dribbling & close control has always been very good.

Once you lose a vital part of you, you lose just about everything with it.

Why are you taking a little bit out of my post and just implying i meant that. Have a bit of common sense yeah?

Look at Torres, lost his pace and lost just about everything with it, he can't even finish now.

Edited by Kojo

[1] Once you lose a vital part of you, you lose just about everything with it.

[2] Why are you taking a little bit out of my post and just implying i meant that. Have a bit of common sense yeah?

Look at Torres, lost his pace and lost just about everything with it, he can't even finish now.

1. Not necessarily. Surely that depends on the individual? When Ryan Giggs lost his blistering pace what remained was his technical skills. I'm no Russian league expert but from reading some articles on the man recently apparently he's frequently played as a no.10 for Anzhi, due to his technical ability.

2. Because I had a problem with that particular part of your post, and wanted to respond to that & that alone.

1. Not necessarily. Surely that depends on the individual? When Ryan Giggs lost his blistering pace what remained was his technical skills. I'm no Russian league expert but from reading some articles on the man recently apparently he's frequently played as a no.10 for Anzhi, due to his technical ability.

2. Because I had a problem with that particular part of your post, and wanted to respond to that & that alone.

Oh really Ryan Giggs?, how many people are there like Ryan Giggs? Yeah sure the likes of Zanetti too but they are very rare.

I'm the stupid one here for replying.

Edited by Kojo

Once you lose a vital part of you, you lose just about everything with it.

Why are you taking a little bit out of my post and just implying i meant that. Have a bit of common sense yeah?

Torres had the team built around him at L'pool...his flaws were covered up, he just looked great in that team.

Then he had that injury, lost his pace & confidence and became an average player with no clinical finishing ability.

Eto'o still has a pretty good skill-set. For 5 million, we could do alot worse than bring in Eto'o for a season..